Posted by: Korn_Freak

now that would be sweet! speeding in pit lane! would that also remove
the pit entry crap?

and also the collision thing.

I wonder why Crammond left out some vital aspects of gp4

Re: @ Madman
Date: May 10, 2003 10:48PM
Posted by: DAW182
btw how about red flags and safety car ;) and get rid of the arrows team..
Date: May 10, 2003 10:54PM

I dont think the arrows team should be removed hey

why cant people put in there own cars or other fantasy cars and then
drive them?

i have my car in the arrows slot and now i have every team
before i had it in bar and i didnt have bar

Date: May 10, 2003 10:57PM
ok heres my safety car idea :D

first we needa get ride of the arrows car and have the satefy car and medical car or something at back of grid like real thing they go around slow the first lap then pit (as only 1 car fits in pit i guess the medical can just go outa race or something), and staying there, now say when 2 cars have crashed u can trigger the saftey car to come out of pits just before cars cross the last courner or something and stay out for 2 laps ( more laps the more damage and cars that have crashed. Then trigger the ai cars to go a certain speed (only problem is making them not pass each other that possiable? then after the 2 laps the safety car can repit and then u can trigger the ai cars to speed up to full again. u can make it if player car overtakes they get black flag..

seems impossiable to do but what u think madman wanna give it a try or something?
Date: May 11, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I know I'm a bit late, but thanks Madman! This util is great!

With speeding in the pit lane, I think you'd have to disable all of the control. I mean, the computer pulls you into your pit people even if you go staright on, and it steers you etc. That's the only good thing about the pits in F12002, you have to be precise because if you shoot over, you loose time.

Thanks

Date: May 11, 2003 06:05AM

yes i agree with u Go_Alesi, and the question is how would the pit crew
handle it? well the game not the pit crew.

Date: May 11, 2003 06:17AM
Posted by: marcl
Has any one tried f12002 with there stupid yellow flag slow down rule, how slow are u meant to go lol i always get a penalty.
Date: May 11, 2003 07:59AM
Posted by: Madman271
I agree with Go_Alesi about pitlane speeding. GP4 has integrated pitlane driving control and so much routines to be modified before we can used for manual speed limiter like EA's F1-2002 does. I've play with disabling auto speed limit during race (so you can speeding in the pitlane like as practise session does), but what a mess! Here the results:

1) Using keyboard/keypad is not possible to enter pitlane sequence precisely.
2) Pitcrew sometimes not appeared, and causing car stuck.
3) Sometimes the car just stuck after refueling.
4) And more other strange events!

My conclusion is, replacing standard auto pitstop with manual pitstop + speed limiter is possible but we need working on lots of routines that should be patched, and this is require much of time. Bacause of this, I abandon such idea at least for this moment.

For safety car idea, no comment at this time. ;-)

For penalty when player car causing accident/collision with other car, it's already in my to-do list. I just need more of time to add it in drive-thru penalty tweak. In some next releases, it should be available.

These are some features can't be applied to drive-thru penalty tweak:

1) Implemented into AI cars.
2) Show a graphical display about drive-thru penalty status. GPxPatch has great features on GP4 graphics handler, and maybe better if you ask Rene to replace that simple black-flag image with a new good one and adjustable so can be shown at different position on the screen.
3) Change/replace auto pit speed limiter with manual pit speed limiter through pressing a button. See my reasons above.
4) Drive-thru for overtaking while yellow flag shown.
5) And lot of them which I can't remember right now. :)

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 11, 2003 08:36AM
4) Drive-thru for overtaking while yellow flag shown.

how come passing under yellow is undoable?

Date: May 11, 2003 08:47AM
I suppose it's because you've got to have the game recognise that you've overtaken when there's a yellow flag. The game mightn't store data for where the yellow flag is.

That's what I think anyway

Date: May 11, 2003 09:38AM
i think its more its to difficult. like u could prolly trigger a penalty when ya position changes, but u got offer problems the car that dnf the cars going into pits etc, they might be work arounds like saying no penalty if driver goes in pits etc, but the biggest problem would be the spun car on track.?? dunno if thats the case

sounds promising about saftey car tells more ;)

plus madman i think u should contact sdi both apps are great and maybe if u 2 work together they can be greater :)

also any offer secrets on ya to-do list u wanna spill.
Date: May 11, 2003 09:48AM
I have a problem with the tweaker.

Everything is working apart from the car fixing times (I haven't tested the car engine times). The normal pit times are working but the front wing time is double that for a normal pitstop (so about 12secs on a 10% race). No matter what time I set, the front wing is mended in double the normal pitstop time.

Any help appreciated

Tnx

Date: May 12, 2003 03:23AM
First, pitstop timing tweak doesn't affect with race length. Second, wing fixing affect to "Car Fixing" option on pistop timing tweak page. But I'm glad if you tell me any reports if things doesn't works as normal ways.

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 12, 2003 04:31AM
come on madman tell us what secret plans u got for ya next versions of ya great program :)
Date: May 12, 2003 08:16AM
Posted by: Rainer
TO MADMAN:

I used your tweaker util a few times, but still don't understand why I am getting this:

I cut a corner and got the drive through. The car is trying to pull into my pit-box area, but I realize that is a GP4 limitation. So far, so good.

Next time I cut a corner, I get a blinking black flag like before, but all of a sudden my fuel is 0.0 and I have to pull over and stop my race. <<<--That is what I don't understand: Shouldn't I be getting a 2nd drive trough penalty now?

Thanks,
Rainer
Date: May 12, 2003 11:27AM
@Madamn : in a 10% race, they only put in a few laps of fuel is what I meant :) Thanks

@ Rainer: you haven't got "force retirement" swithced on have you?

Date: May 12, 2003 03:21PM
To Daw182:

It's secret. :)
If I tell it here, it won't be secret anymore.

To Rainer:

In first case, your conclusion are correct (slow down near pitbox).
In second case, maybe you did it during qualiyfing/hotlap?

To Go_Alesi:
Is that what suppose to be, isn't it? I wonder if you got 50 fuel laps for just 10% race distance. :) I got confused here. Maybe a little drunk. X-))

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 12, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: Rainer
@Alesi: Yes... I have that "force retire..." thingy enabled. But ONLY because I don't understand how the drive through penalty is being enabled by itself.... The tweaker is not as clear as on how to do that....

Maybe you can tell me how it's done?

Rainer
Date: May 12, 2003 03:48PM
Posted by: Dinga
Thanks Madman-Drivethru is great and much more realistic.One thing I noticed driving through the pitlane was the pitstop graphic(GPxPatch) came up. How about actually showing drive-through penalty via GPxSAT. You'd need to speak to Rene on this.
Date: May 12, 2003 04:11PM
To Rainer

Drive-thru penalty already explained in tweaklist.txt file. This is including the rules and disadvantages using drive-thru patch.

To Dinga:

In clean GP4 (without GPxPatch), there's no indicators or messages shown while passing pitlane. I cannot bypass GPxPatch for pitstop graphics for two reasons:

1) The pistop graphics is not my stuff and I don't want to steal it or modify it by any means.
2) I cannot bypass pitstop graphics because not all system also running GPxPatch. If I do that, I might access to wrong memory address and causing GPF/Access Violation error (GP4 will be crash).

Maybe you may ask to Rene about this issue. He just need to detect if a car passing pitlane without pitstop entry icon shown, then it means does not require to show pitstop graphics.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy