@ Madman

Posted by Xero 
Re: @ Madman
Date: May 16, 2003 06:35AM
Posted by: ricky
@Madman

Why you don't look at the positions of the cars as you said above? If one car goes from position 3 to 2 then it has overtook another car (if another hasn't made an accident).

And furthermore if this isn't a good idea. Why not looking to the race time? If player 2 has a racetime 20:35:235 and player 3 a racetime 20:37:553 then player 3 is behind player 2. If the difference between both times will decrease then player 3 maybe able to overtook player 2. So then lets brake, player 3 :-)

If the overtook car is retiering or have some problems or maybe go to box, then maybe you have to control player 2's speed. If speed difference is more than 30 km/h then player 2 could have a problem. Might be working, but I don't know.

ricky (Markus)

Nachricht bearbeitet (05-16-03 13:39)
Date: May 16, 2003 01:20PM
Posted by: Madman271
To Ricky:
That's a good idea by detecting both car's position and driver's time. However, it means we need hook into 2 different routines and ensure both of these routines execute within the same frame looping. Another solutions, we hooked to up-to-date routines (usually keystroke detection or graphics flipping) and link this routine into both those detection routines. Sound complicated? and the implementation is difficult as well. :)

But you miss what I wrote above. We'll see... ;)

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 17, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: Paulo Ricardo
Madman, as you are the master of tweaker, I would like to suggest one more, now with the new gpxpatch we can set the fuel laps more than 4 laps that was Gp4 default, that is great, but when you are in the free sessions with let's say 10 fuels laps, even with the end of session, the cc cars still running their flaying lap, you never know when the session will be over. I would like to request to put the same GP4 rule for qualifying to session, I mean, when the time session is over, the session will be really over. Is it possible?

Great work man!

Keep your distance
Date: May 17, 2003 12:59PM
To Paulo Ricardo:

It was applied in the qual rules beta version (not officialy published, used among tester only).

It using these scenario:

1) No matter you set the number of max qual laps (default 12 in GP4), every cars (incl. player car) always set for 3 laps. This is also override qual laps number set in GPxPatch.

2) No matter you set the number of max qual time (default 60 minutes in GP4), each qual session always use 60 minutes.

3) Regarding to point no. 2, if all cars has been taking qual laps, qual session will end immediately doesn't matter if there is still lot of time remaining.

4) Regarding to point no. 2, if some cars not already yet taking qual laps and qual time remaining is 3 minutes, 2 additional minutes will be added to current qual time.

If you know something different with FIA regulation, please let me know.

Gr88ts,
Madman

Post Edited (05-17-03 20:23)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: May 17, 2003 01:50PM
WOW, this is nice, because we will not need to worry about the time, imagine in SPA in a rainning day. As you mentioned before, the player car will have to obey the order, nice, what are you thinking about to define this order, a customized friday free session?

Keep your distance
Date: May 17, 2003 04:12PM
The car out order by default was arranged by car number reversed. With original GP4 team name order, it is mean Prost come first and Ferrari come last. Actually, this order can to be adjusted. I've plan to be editable in tweaker but not sure due to 1st and 2nd qual sessions project plan.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 29, 2003 10:34AM
Any news Madman?

Keep your distance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy