GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Shame for Charrel to drop back in the pitstop phase. Hopefully I can keep in my rhythm for the remaining laps!

X (@ed24f1)
Awful result from my part, I'm very sorry, boss
Man, can't I just catch an effing break!? I survived the sudden loss of pace and Maverick's attack, climb up to 4th, only to drop to 12th and then hit some car in the way. [sarcasm]Juuuust brilliant.[/sarcasm]

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
well.. f... it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGSL Rd 11 Dutch GP - Race Day

Part 4

Welcome back for the final time.

We have a close battle for 11th taking place.

Mathew looks close enough to make a move on Pedersen, and has a look up the inside. Meanwhile, Maverick has gotten by Kederer.

Mathew succeeds in getting by Pedersen.

With all the pitstops now made, let’s take a look at the standings.

Gilson looks to be catching Pedersen.

And from Gilson’s view, Pedersen looks to have gotten the corner wrong and ends up running wide.

Gilson makes it by, but Pedersen is still too wide for the corner, and runs off the track.

Pedersen makes it back onto the track, but has lost a few positions in the process.

A 10s lead for Greenhalgh all but guarantees a victory for him.

Schieder in the other MAC has his hands full holding back both Jalving and Cartwright.

Jalving runs wide, which allows Cartwright to get a little bit closer to him.

Into the main straight, Jalving now looks close enough to make a move on Schieder.

And he manages to get the move done before heading into the first corner.

Now Schieder will need to watch out for Cartwright.

We find Nell down in 10th position, with Mathew not too far back.

Gilson is also in the battle.

Nell must really be feeling the pressure.

Mathew goes for a pass on Nell, but isn’t able to make it work and stays behind the Demon.

This allows Gilson to have a chance to get by, but he wasn’t close enough to take advantage and Mathew keeps his position.

Gilson gets another chance to get by Mathew, but Nell is still in front of the two drivers.

Mathew manages to get by Nell, and now Gilson wants his chance to get by as well.

Still no luck for Gilson just yet.

Because Gilson was unable to get by both Mathew and Nell, it has allowed Horvath to get closer to him.

Who would’ve thought that the battle for 10th would be so intense? There is nothing in it between the three drivers.

A battle is brewing between Cartwright and Karjalainen.

Cartwright takes his chance, and has a look up the inside down the main straight.

And he manages to get by Karjalainen into the first corner.

Behind them, Greidanus has managed to get by Schieder.

Further back, Gilson has finally managed to get by Nell, which now leaves the Demon driver in the clutches of Horvath.

Horvath looks for his chance to get by Nell, but isn’t close enough to make the move so he stays behind the Demon.

According to the timings, Jalving has managed to get by Kederer for 4th.

Behind them, Karjalainen may soon be under pressure from Greidanus. Meanwhile, the other TNR has managed to get by Nell.

With 6 laps left to go, now would be a good time to check the standings out.

Greidanus has a look up the inside heading into the corner.

But he wasn’t close enough to make it pass, and almost bumps Karjalainen off the track. Further back, Gilson looks for his chance to get by Schieder.

However, Schieder is able to keep Gilson behind him.

But he isn’t able to hold Gilson back down the main straight, as the SCR driver goes up the inside and takes the position heading into the first corner.

Nell has lost another position.

As we see the battle between the cars near the rear of the field, the timing shows that a few other moves have been made.

Not again. The other VSM of Warrington is now in the wall, and has lost a wheel. That’s both VSM’s out of the race.

McCarthy still holds 2nd, but Maverick is getting closer every lap.

Mathew has managed to get by Karjalainen, and Gilson now wants his chance to get by the TNR.

Looks like he was able to get by.

The movers and shakers inside the top 10. Meanwhile, Maverick has managed to get by McCarthy for 2nd.

We had a battle between teammates earlier with Snake. Now it’s the Shadow teammates who find themselves in battle.

Greidanus looks close enough to Kederer to try for a passing move.

But he isn’t able to make the move, and Kederer remains in front.

Back near the rear of the field, Van Renselaar decides to try for a pass on Nell by looking up the inside of the Demon.

And the One driver makes the move work.

Back to the front, and it looks like Jalving is now slowly catching up to McCarthy.

This is confirmed by the timing.

Back to the battling Shadows, and it looks like they may soon need to worry about Gilson who is slowly catching up to them.

The view from Gilson’s SCR.

Greidanus tries again to get by Kederer.

And this time he finally manages to get by.

This now leaves Kederer in the clutches of Gilson.

It’s now the final lap.

Van Renselaar and Moinet are locked in their own battle.

Down the straight, Van Renselaar looks for his chance to get by Moinet. Meanwhile, the timing shows that Jalving has managed to get by McCarthy for 3rd. It would seem the pass was missed while focusing on other battles.

Bad luck for Van Renselaar, as Moinet manages to hold onto his position.

Greenhalgh has simply been untouchable all race. He took the race lead at the start, lost it to Elleker early on, then regained it when Elleker retired, and once back in the lead he never once looked back.

He enters the main straight for the final time.

And crosses the line to win the Dutch GP.

Maverick finishes 2nd.

And Jalving makes it onto the podium to the delight of his home crowd.

This race was truly a great race we have witnessed. It had everything we could ask for. And in the end, it was all about the domination of one driver. So congratulations Ed Greenhalgh and MPR, the winners of the Dutch GP. Who knows what could’ve happened if Elleker didn’t retire and Gilson didn’t have to take the unscheduled stop. It could’ve set up a thrilling race for the lead once the stops had all been taken, but of course we’ll never know for sure. Well then, I hope everyone enjoyed the coverage. We hope to see you all back again for the next round of the GPGSL. This is GPGTV.Org/Farked, signing out from Zandvoort. Goodbye everyone.

Results To Come

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Awful race for the team.

My GPGSL Career
Wow, if you'd have said before the race that I'd nab fourth, I would have bitten your arm off, but I am actually a little disappointed to let a podium slip on the last lap! I think the tyres were simply giving up the ghost as I was one of the first to pit - maybe should have left the stop a lap or two later. Thrilled to get some points in any case! Maybe my luck is about to change!!
We didn't finish last :-O :-o

Not that we had a good race (thanks Charrel!! ;))

Maverick does <3 Zandvoort.

In the end a pretty good race, the pit stop strategy helped me back on track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
TOP 10, really????

Goody good!!!
Sheeesh..... obviously my expert tips on Zandvoort fell on deaf ears at Demon Racing!! lol...
Things just did not work out for us this round. Carnage for others, just couldn't capitalise on others misfortune.

We move on...... Apologies to Jake and Seb from the team - we just aren't getting the right calls on the cars at the moment. Time to sack a few engineers.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Very pleased with that showing even if our strategy arguably cost Gareth a podium at the end there (sorry about that mate ;) ) But even with that if I'm not mistaken we're now tied with Snake for 9th so it's not all bad.

It's a shame Eric couldn't join Gareth in the points but after mine and Gio's Free Practice performance to come out of the weekend tied for 9th is a damn good result :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maverick does <3 Zandvoort.

Don't worry - I'm the new Zandvoort hater ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Shame my tyres got really worn and I couldn't keep guys behind me, but 11th isn't bad. Afterall, we did start from 17th.
Carlitox schrieb:
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maverick does <3 Zandvoort.
>
> Don't worry - I'm the new Zandvoort hater ;-)

Nah, it's not that easy. I probably would have loved it if I had won this race ;) But I'm glad to see that there is backup ;-)

Either way, I'm very happy with this 2nd position, of course. It didn't look like this was possible after the qualifying but when Jack was out, the team decided that we had to put the cards on the table and gave me the maximum engine power. The pit stop wasn't perfect but I've had worse this season as well. Then, with the new set of tyres, the car simply drove like hell and I knew that a podium was possible. And when I was there, I tried for P2 and it worked. I'm very happy now. It's not the win I'm craving so much, but it's a sign that I'm still alive. The title is probably gone, but I'll keep fighting for this one season win, at least.
For the team and for Jack it's a pity, though, that he had to retire. He was on a great spree and had he taken the 3rd win in a row, he really would have been back in the title fight. Now it'll be getting very hard for him. And of course it's big points we're lacking for the team.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Another garbage race, must have the most retirements this season with that now. Still no race pace at all.

That was actually pleasant to watch! Good job Comet and Nobby! :D Very exciting race, thank you for the great report!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
kedy89 Wrote:
> That's it :-(

You said it, Tobi...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy