GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
what the ...
I have the Pole, I'm too good for you ;)

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice coverage Greg.
>
> Just frustrating that we have this stupid
> situation whereby a team running the car of shame
> has taken pole.
>
> Make the car a punishment. Strip boost points,
> make it brown, make the team have to be referred
> to as Poo Grand Prix for the entire event.
>
> Right now it effectively means nothing.

5 place grid penalty sounds suitable! Can that even be implemented into GP4?

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice coverage Greg.
> >
> > Just frustrating that we have this stupid
> > situation whereby a team running the car of
> shame
> > has taken pole.
> >
> > Make the car a punishment. Strip boost points,
> > make it brown, make the team have to be
> referred
> > to as Poo Grand Prix for the entire event.
> >
> > Right now it effectively means nothing.
>
> 5 place grid penalty sounds suitable! Can that
> even be implemented into GP4?

It can be done, but not using the game Greg has open at the minute. It'd involve use of a grid editor (like I used in that rather silly qualifying trial last season) to edit the grid.

Gentlemen, what you speak of is not in the rules, therefore it will not be implemented. Such a rule would have to be voted on and it's doubtful it would get through. The Car of Shame is a bit of a joke, and now it seems to be even more so when it appears to be some sort of tradition. Adding an additional penalty could well be considered harsh by some. If I was to consider a penalty, it would be that the Car of Shame, not the drivers, has a starter perf. If it gets legs, it might be considered for Series 10. As I said, it requires popular vote in the first place for the GPGSL to consider it.
Meanwhile, the best man has taken the front row, and in reality, we should disregard the paint-job. If you don't like it, it's your choice, and you're entitled to your point of view. On with the show, so far the coverage is good, and no doubt what's to come will be a cracker of a race. Anything can happen, and most of the time, it usually does. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
But I don't want to drive the rest of the season in The Car of Shame.:(

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
it's strange that i could not improve on my first qualifying attempt. 12th is not too bad, though

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
LOL, now that would be funny. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Obviously it's not a rule, but as it stands right now the whole concept of the 'Car of Shame' is pointless.

I'd certainly vote to see it become a real penalty, and I think the vast majority of the grid would too.

My issue is that we all worked to get our liveries and helmets in for the deadline and now, almost a month later, two teams still haven't it them in.

There is pretty much no excuse to use the 'Car of Shame'. Especially when we've had such a long off period. If you don't have the time to paint a new car then don't, just change the numbers, that takes all of 10 minutes.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
"Nell finally sets a decent laptime..."

(Y)

Atleast it's 13th for me. No, I'm not superstitious, so don't even try ;)
Only hope the car isn't either...

Car of Shame is the Car of Shame. I think it's fun to see it run, and if it's some sort of tradition so be it. There is no real reason to give a penalty to Car of Shame-runners although they f***** up. Remember, if there was a penalty to the Car of Shame, one could always go and submit this exact livery (maybe putting ugly numbers on it) for the first race. No punishment, still Car of Shame.
Greetings
Sebastian
You're not fooling anyone, this fuss is just an excuse to force Dan to get the TNR painted before the damn deadline ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I think TNR have just become boring. Usually we'd have some kind of crazed launch party where the likes of Keith Flint from The Prodigy tries to dye his nasal hair bright green, Natalie Pinkham smears herself in Lurpak in order to prove whether it's actually spreadable, and Ross Kemp and Sinead O'Connor fight to see who has the best bald head through the medium of Robot Wars.

There's been none of that, and it saddens me. ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
5th and 6th, looking pretty good for the race for the Snake Duo! Hopefully some of that pace can translate over to the full event.

As i've said before I don't support the idea of giving a penalty for the car of shame. Dan has stated before he purposely delayed this seasons car, and if you attach a penalty to using the car of shame theres nothing to stop someone to submit a plain white car with the bare minimum on to avoid the penalty. Arguably that would look worse but get no penalty. Its a bit of fun, no harm in it!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Meh.

A difficult quali us but this early on I didn't have my hopes particularly higher, although having a MAC on pole does give me hope.

Looking forward to the race :)

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Jac, you should go for an all black livery. That'd
> be awesome with the white lines.

I might consider it for season 10, I think 3 livery changes is enough for one season ;)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

It seems that JHD have a different livery in every single session ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Khhhhm, everyone speaks about Dan and TNR, but we did not won anything...

It'd be a bit harsh to adjust the rules after the beginning of the season, there'd be no problem for any of you, if not a driver in the CoS 'd won the pole...
Yeah! Second in Oz. Glad to see the special cupcakes I baked have propelled me to 2nd.

Regarding the car of shame thing; Yes, it's a farce because it's taken pole but this is a fun thing we do in our spare times. It's fine if some bits and pieces are out of place :)
GPGSL S9 Australian Grand Prix.

Official Tester's Feature Race Qualifying Results.

Not overly thrilled with the qualifying result but the car felt good in the initial runs and its till early days for the team. Hopefully we can make up some places in the race.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Interview With Greg O'Brien - Post Qualifying

Greg O'Brien was seen walking back to the SCR garage after qualifying finished, and it was clear he didn't look too happy with his result. After grabbing a can of Monster, he was ready to have a interview.

Interviewer: Greg, your first session with SCR didn't quite go to plan. You will start the feature race from 19th, your team mate, Maikel De Boer, starts from 16th. How will you possibly go about getting through the race?

O'Brien: (takes a drink then puts the drink down) The session indeed didn't go well for me. After racing for Christel last season, I would've thought that I would do better. Clearly that is not the case. Maybe if I wasn't held up by traffic, I could've set a faster lap. But things like that can happen to anyone.

Interviewer: And what about the race? How do you think it'll go?

O'Brien: (takes a drink then puts the drink down) Not exactly sure how it will go. De Boer is clearly faster, so the team will probably focus on helping him get through the field. As for me, it's going to be about survival. Being down in 19th means more chance for incidents to take place.

Interviewer: I see. Anyways, that's all the time we have. Thanks for taking the time to have this interview, and good luck in the race.

O'Brien: (finishes off the drink) No problem.

That was not a quali I hoped for. Well, i guess it takes a bit mote time to warm up when you get older.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy