GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
I am hearing rumours that AMR are not signing me as a race driver. Would be mildly interested though....(H)

As for Demon Racing in season 9, there are no planned/expected changes in the wind. A newish' livery may be in the paint shop though.... And car numbers in the "teens" for the race cars.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Some of links to previous seasons' topics on 1st page are invalid or incorrect

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was wondering if someone had the time to put up
> a list of confirmed, rumored and possible driver
> line ups for next season. Thanks

Here goes, I'll just stick to those that are confirmed just to avoid any uproar/controversy.

Aston Martin Racing
D1: John Maverick
D2:
T1:
T2:

One Racing
D1:
D2:
T1: Rico van Smirren
T2: Marcus de Bruyker

Martini Paddock Racing
D1: Ed Greenhalgh
D2: Charrel Jalving
T1: Monil Santilal
T2:

Southern Cross Racing
D1: Ross Cartwright
D2: Joseph Gilson
T1: Maikel de Boer
T2: Eric Moinet

Scuderia Minardi
D1:
D2:
T1:
T2:

Team Shadow Mercedes
D1:
D2:
T1:
T2:

True North Racing
D1:
D2:
T1: Dan Mills
T2:

Demon Racing
D1:
D2:
T1: Glen Sheppard
T2:

Snake Motorsports
D1:
D2:
T1:
T2:

MAC Racing
D1:
D2: Michael Pedersen
T1: Nathan McGregor
T2:

JHR Developments
D1: Gareth McCarthy
D2:
T1: Jack Hunsley
T2: Chris Copeman

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
GPGSL Rd14 Monaco GP – Tester's Free Practice

Welcome all to the Monaco GP, held here in the principality of Monte-Carlo. A very tight track, where there is usually next to no overtaking done on the track. First up is tester's practice, where the test drivers will push their cars to the limits in order to try and set the fastest time possible. The weather report indicates we are in for a dry session, so no need to worry about a wet circuit. Let's head down to the track, as the RD readies himself to press the GO button to let the drivers out to start this session.

First out onto the track is ONE Racing owner, Rodrigo Vilela.

Followed by Glen Sheppard, Mal Stoddart, Tom Pellatt and Nathan McGregor.

The second ONE of Marcus De Bruyker. De Bruyker had said he hoped his car didn't turn into a yacht, but it seems his car is fine.

Here is Joshua Copeman in the second Shadow. The future of Copeman is up in the air as he has been deemed to have gone AWOL.

Here is Greg O'Brien in the Christel. O'Brien has stated numerous times that he is searching for a seat for next season, following on from Christel's decision to withdraw from the series at the end of the season.

Daniel Thomas in the AMR. Thomas has recently confirmed he will not be driving for AMR next season. Also, Thomas is wearing a special helmet this weekend.

The only other test driver to be wearing a special helmet this weekend is SCR's Eric Moinet.

Back to the front, as Vilela crosses the line first and sets the fastest time.

Sheppard sets the 2nd fastest time.

But loses 2nd to Stoddart.

Shadow owner Pellatt goes quickest.

McGregor shows that the boost is working well, as he slots into 4th.

Monil Santilal goes 2nd fastest.

De Bruyker in the second ONE takes 3rd.

VSM's John Warrington takes 10th.

Not a good lap from Thomas as he only manages the 12th fastest time.

Ingers in the Christel sets the 9th fastest time.

Rico Van Smirren in his VSM takes 2nd fastest time.

Dean Kittleson takes 12th.

Keeley Grant using the boost to her advantage takes 4th.

Jo-Anne Hayes in her Snake can only manage 13th.

Snake owner, Maikel De Boer, goes 7th fastest.

Gareth McCarthy in the 2nd MPR goes 3rd fastest. Looking good so far for MPR.

Demon's Sebastien Nell does better, and takes the 2nd fastest time.

The other AMR of Andrei Sevastian takes 9th, but he would have preferred to be higher up.

The other SCR of Moinet goes 3rd fastest.

What a lap by Dan Mills. He takes the fastest time.

Standings after 1st runs.

A closer look at Daniel Thomas's Monaco helmet.

O'Brien in stone last. Perhaps Christel haven't set up the car to Greg's liking, or maybe O'Brien is too busy thinking about where he may end up next season.

Into the 2nd runs, and Copeman improves up to 8th.

ONE's Vilela improves to 7th.

Kittleson improves to 4th.

McGregor once again showing that the boost is working, as he improves to 2nd.

De Boer meanwhile improves up to 3rd.

No improvement for O'Brien, but at least went quicker than his previous time.

Standings After 2nd Runs.

Closeup of Moinet's Monaco Helmet.

The two Christels. Almost the exact same as what happened during the testers qualifying in Boromo.

Santilal starts the 3rd runs by taking fastest time. MPR will be pleased with this lap.

Vilela improves up to 10th.

Clearly the setup on O'Brien's car is not working for him. 1 second down from the fastest time, and no improvement.

Standings After 3rd Runs. Not many improvements.

Pellatt 2 seconds off the fastest time. Seems the track has faded, and trying to set a fast time will be a hard task.

That Vilela! He has made contact with the wall and lost the entire front left. That's the end of the session for him.

He must have locked up his brakes to have been able to go in hard.

Onboard with Vilela.

No more improvements were made, and so that is the end of the session. Let's just hope Vilela is ok after his accident.

Congratulations to Monil Santilal and MPR, Tester's Free Practice Winner.

Stay Tuned For Official Results

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Possible Sabotage Of Greg O'Brien's Christel VXR?

Returning back from the last run around the Monte-Carlo circuit, Christel VXR driver, Greg O'Brien, was seen getting out of his car and heading into the back of the Christel garage. He clearly looks gutted, as he felt confident of a good result here, but it was not meant to be. His first run was thought to be good for top 15, but ultimately dropped down to 22nd. And the car did not seem to improve at all. There could be a few contributing factors to the lack of pace in the Christel, but seeing that his test teammate, Stuart Ingers, was able to get a top 20 result, there was something clearly wrong with O'Brien's Christel. Whether it was bad car setup, or O'Brien was too busy thinking of next season, still remains to be seen. Another possibility is that someone might have sabotaged the Christel to cause it to have the lack of pace. But there is no way of knowing if that is really the cause.

-blink-. -blink- -blink-

...:-o wow. 6th in Monaco will do quite nicely - and well done boss for the 2nd!

Paddock dismisses O'Brien sabotage

"There's absolutely no truth to what Greg has said. I know out mechanics haven't sabotaged anyone in ages."

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Could it be ... could it be MAC will score some good points?

Anyone want that free sparkly test seat at MPR next season?

Obviously not Greg after that session though ;)

As Seb used a boost, I think his time is the one I need to look at. It's encouraging, but I'd absolutely love to see if pole is possible.

We need to watch out for MAC as well, they look very strong.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Rumours persist that Stuart Ingers was seen loitering near Greg O'Briens car twirling his moustache from behind his black cape whilst laughing evilly ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
GPGSL Monaco Grand Prix, Monte Carlo

Free Practice Results

...wait, what?!

Um...what happened to no further improvements being made? Andrei Sevastien and Eric Moinet both went quicker and dropped me down to 8th. :(

Good performance from the SCR testers :-) Now Ross and I have to try and beat that result in qualifying and the race ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Have TSM had pink rims all season?

They look awesome

Nope, this is the first time. Hopefully the colour isn't too much for Tom. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Very good for Andrei. I think that should have been enough to realistically secure the tester championship title. Very well done, mate!

For Daniel it's a shame. Somehow it seems he completely lost pace at some point. Especially now, where he needs to bring good results for a chance on a good seat next season it would be better for him to go with a big bang! Hopefully he can show his full potential once more in the coming test sessions.

Generally, MPR looks strong. But that doesn't have to mean anything, yet. I'm still confident that we can drive a good qualifying.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Have TSM had pink rims all season?
>
> They look awesome

I was thinking that too (apart from the awesome part)
Thought I was going crazy (which I slightly am but shhhh)

Diax F1 schrieb:
> ...wait, what?!
>
> Um...what happened to no further improvements
> being made? Andrei Sevastien and Eric Moinet both
> went quicker and dropped me down to 8th. :(

Know what you mean, got 9th instead of 7th.

Nontheless, I'm happy with the result as is, so here is hoping for a demonic quali and race ^^
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy