GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Rd14 Monaco GP – Qualifying

Part 1

Welcome back to the streets of Monaco. It is now time for qualifying to determine the pole sitter of the Monaco GP. Will we have the usual drivers near the front? Or will we have a change? Tune in for all answers. Weather reports show it is another dry session. Let's head down to the track, as I can hear the RD saying he is ready to start the session.

First out for his lap is AMR's John Maverick.

Maverick sets the fastest time, for now.

Out next is MPR's Charrel Jalving. Hopefully he'll keep his mind on the task at hand.

Jalving crosses the line, and slots into 2nd.

Snake's Dominic Brunner is next out for his lap.

Brunner goes 3rd fastest.

Demon's Zsigmond Somogyi is the next man out.

And takes 3rd away.

Up next is the Shadow of Ruben Greidanus.

His lap is good enough to take 2nd away from Jalving.

Out comes TNR's Owen Edwards.

Edwards final sector was not as good as the rest of the lap, and as a result takes 6th.

Christopher Hinz comes out for his lap.

Hinz goes into 5th.

The second Demon of Jake Legge is out next.

And manages to set the 3rd fastest time.

Now that the first 8 drivers have completed their run, here are the current standings.

Time for a break. The Monaco GP qualifying will be back soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Rd14 Monaco GP - Qualifying

Part 2

Welcome back to Monaco as we continue the qualifying coverage.

SCR's Joseph Gilson heads out onto the track for his lap.

And he manages to take 7th.

Connor Steer in his Snake is out next.

And can only manage 8th.

The first of the Scuderia Minardi VSM's heads out onto the track, driven by Chris Warrington.

A fast lap from Warrington sees him take provisional pole from Maverick.

Jack Hunsley in his MPR heads out for his lap.

Hunsley's time is only fast enough for 7th.

Up next is Michael Pedersen in his Christel.

And he is able to slot his Christel into 5th.

Following behind is the other Christel of Jack Elleker.

Elleker tries his best, but his time is only fast enough for 11th.

Ross Cartwright in the second SCR heads out for his run.

He manages to set fastest 1st sector, but it is not enough, and ends up slotting into 5th.

Gianluigi Silvestre now heads out for his run.

Silvestre takes 9th, but the lap could have been better.

The current standings after 16 drivers have set their lap.

Final break of the coverage. Stay tuned as when we come back, we'll finally have our pole sitter.

GPGTV Youtube Channel
So far so good...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I'm really annoyed with that testers session, looks like I did one run then sat in garage. My first run was solid and the track clearly improved so that's very frustrating! Such a shame as the MPR clearly has speed. Oh well, onwards and upwards!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 11:42AM by gareth.
gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm really annoyed with that testers session,
> looks like I did one run then sat in garage. My
> first run was solid and the track clearly improved
> so that's very frustrating! Such a shame as the
> MPR clearly has speed. Oh well, onwards and
> upwards!

That happens sometimes. I know I saw you go out for a couple more runs. I would assume that the track condition got to the point where improving times was impossible, although a few drivers did manage to improve in the last runs.

I call for a re-run!

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I call for a re-run!

Re-run? Re-run the tester's session? Or qualifying? Either way, I don't think a re-run will be happening.

I'm only joking ;)

The race is going to be very difficult for us with both cars mired down in the midfield.

I ran a race at Monaco for my 1995 championship and there were no passes on track for the entire race...

Demon Racing Press Release : Driver lineup for Season 9

With minimal fanfare and barely a dollar spent on publicity, Demon Racing are proud to announce the OFFICIAL re-signing of the current driver lineup, as retaining their positions for Season 9.
Jake Legge and Zsigimond Somogyi have both battled hard all season in the debut of the new team, which was always going to pose some challenges. Some great results, combined with disappointment, yet the team is progressing. Demon CEO Glen Sheppard said that there was little doubt in re-signing the race driver pair, and even from before Season 8, this intention had been conveyed to the two drivers.

And Sebastian Nell, and the team owner, will continue to test for Demon Racing. Similar to the fortunes of the Demon Racing race drivers, the test drivers have had mixed fortunes so far in the debut season. But, Sebastian is showing great potential, and has thrown up some fantastic performances. And as for the team boss, well.... he doesn't like to honk his own horn too much, but... he has won a number of GPGSL races at Zandvoort (the only man to go back to back wins there....!!) along with a win in a tester's feature race. The team boss feels the need to keep his skills alive behind the wheel, so it is only natural for him to continue.

So, our driver lineup in Season 9 is the exact same as it currently is. Bring on Season 9......

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPGSL Rd14 Monaco GP - Qualifying

Part 3

Once again, welcome back. 16 drivers have set their time. Only 6 more to go.

Norbert Horvath is the first one out onto the track.

And proceeds to deliver a blistering lap to take provisional pole.

Next up is the ONE of Carlos Rodriguez.

His time is good enough to see him take 5th.

Out next is the second ONE of Stefen Van Renselaar.

Van Renselaar goes 4th fastest.

Shadow's Tobias Kederer heads out for his lap. Kederer is the only driver to be using a special helmet this weekend.

His lap is only good enough for 11th fastest.

Matteo Scala in his Scuderia Minardi VSM is next out for his lap.

And proceeds to take the 2nd fastest lap. This is surely looking like a great weekend for VSM.

And finally, Ed Greenhalgh heads out for his lap. Recent news states that Greenhalgh is leaving AMR to head to MPR for next season.

What a surprise. Greenhalgh's time is only 6th fastest.

Here are the standings after all 22 drivers have had their qualifying run.

Congratulations to Norbert Horvath and TNR. Pole Sitter for the Monaco GP.

Stay Tuned For Official Results

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Deeply disappointed with that after such a good practice session for Monil.

Can basically write off any chance of 2nd in the Constructors Championship with that, will have to be looking over our shoulder at VSM.

Maverick interview

"Usually I'd be confident for a podium with P4, but Monaco has special rules. It's so damn hard to overtake here. At least I'm in front of Ed and Stefan, but if I want to keep up serious hopes on the title, I'd need something better than fourth in the race. We'll have to see if we can possibly gain a position or two during the pit stops and the start. Other than that I rather expect a procession like every year."

In regards to his new teammate and leading driver of AMR next season he added

"I'm happy to have a clarification about AMR's future now. Andrei is a good choice and he's very fast. I'm sure he'll push me to my limits, and that's what you need in a top team that wants to fight for the titles. I'm also looking forward to my new role in the team, but I think I'm experienced enough now to make a good job."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Massive effort from the team to get 2nd and 3rd, superb performance.

That will do very nicely for Norbert! Only downside...there are True North bookends :(

Come on True North for the race!

I really do not liked this track UNTIL NOW!!!!

(Y)

Big Boss, prepare for the naked swim....
GPGSL S8 R14 Monaco Grand Prix.

Official Qualifying Results

15 & 17 ? Surely not what I expected after tester's sessions!

Yeah, great, race is basically over, I don't expect any improvement...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Solid qualifying, hopefully I can get at worst a Top 5 finish and gather some useful points.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy