GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finally got time to watch the video (don't mind
> watching a 5-10 min "highlights" video!!)
- seems
> "we" all got sucked in to voting in this track for
> the calendar, given how awesome it is to drive.
> Fair to say, given the drama, I won't be voting
> for it for Season 9....

If you were crazy enough to watch the entire 3/4 hour qualifying video, don't blame me ;)

How rude am I :o

Congratulation to Stuart/AMR/Andrei and ofcourse Ed Greenalgh! Well done guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico schrieb:
> Good race for my lads. Again a Most places gained
> point to be added on the WCC. I hope we can score
> an epic result again in the last race. We need to
> improve our qualy pace.
>
> Guy's i cant see the championship tables :(

I just noticed this, too. imgbox seems to have some problems atm. Thumbnails work though, for whatever reason...

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2013 02:01PM by kedy89.
Tobi, the tester results are wrong on the championship table - they should be as you've got them on the practice result page ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2013 01:46PM by Diax F1.
Should be correct now ;)

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Maverick finally faces reporters without smashing cameras

Reporter: John, first of all. You smashed a camera yesterday. What happened there?
Maverick: It's typical that this is the first question you ask. I think you reported about this incident yesterday already, so I don't see a reason to comment on this any longer. This issue will be cleared out personally with the mentioned reporter and LTR.

Reporter: Okay, then back to the race. You must have been pretty frustrated, given your outburst...
Maverick: Of course I was, and still am. Before this race I was still in the middle of the championship fight. But with Fortuna being a bitch, it cruelly pulled me out of it in the second lap of the race. That is indeed frustrating. I really like Jake, so I won't go and bitch too hard on him now, but my front wheels were already next to him when he pulled over and that was a very stupid move of him...especially against a driver fighting for the championship. I'm not expecting that people let me pass without a fight only because I'm a title contender, like other people in red cars in the F1, but Jake shouldn't have closed that door so late. It was impossible to avoid this crash after his move.

Reporter: So, will you request a penalty for Jake Legge then?
Maverick: This is not F1, it's the GPGSL! We don't do such things here, and especially I won't do it. I'll have a private word with Jake and that's it. Especially since a penalty for him won't help me any.

Reporter: Before the season you said that you want to help the team to take the WCC again and support Ed. So, basically you've reached this aim. Nonetheless you seem to be unhappy.
Maverick: That's true. I think all in all I did a good job. But I honestly didn't expect to be a real match for Ed before the season. However, I grew a lot over the season and could challenge him much longer than I thought. With that the demands on myself grew as well. And naturally it's disappointing then when this grown dream is destroyed.

Reporter: Alright. So, the last race in Silverstone is about to come up. What do you expect from it and what's your prognosis for next season?
Maverick: Yeah, Silverstone. Not really one of my favorite tracks, but the home race for the team. Of course the aim has to be to take the last victory of the season, at least. It would be a wonderful present for Stu to win the home GP. Given that I still have a boost left, I hope that this might be possible. We'll see. For next season I expect MPR to be a strong contender with Ed and Charrel as drivers. Also I expect TSM back in the top. But a lot will depend on which changes are about to come next season. I hope we can be as strong as this season, and then I'm confident that I'll get another shot on the title.

Reporter: What about Andrei Sevastian? He'll join you as race driver next season.
Maverick: Yes, Andrei has proven that he is a heck of a good driver. He'll surely challenge me next season. I expect us to work well together and push ourselves to the limits. That'll only be good for the team. I think we won't struggle much with the pressure that a race driver has to face. He's mentally strong as well. I expect him to challenge me right from the start of the season. It will be tough, but of course I hope that I'll be in front of him when the next season ends. The teammate is always the one to beat first.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Awesome coverage of a great race for TSM. Good to see Ruben racing at the front and Tobias being competitive too.

Legge found in Koblenz trailer park; "incredibly sorry" for Maverick incident

After a shunt at the Kleine Nordschleife where he took out championship challenger John Maverick, Demon's Jake Legge fled the scene immediately and couldn't be found for days. However, locals found him in a run-down caravan in a trailer park near the city of Koblenz still in his overalls and helmet. He appeared to be in a bad way; once he'd been persuaded to remove his helmet he looked incredibly pale.

"I haven't had a cup of tea in days...I feel a bit ill"; Jake eventually mumbled, and taking the hint one of our reporters went to fetch him one. After one sip, the colour appeared to return to him and his erratic behaviour stopped almost instantly. He turned off the music; the air being filled with the eerie psychedelia of one of Syd Barrett's albums. The atmosphere was finally hospitable, and he gave us the thumbs-up to ask questions.

It might be a tricky question to answer, but how do you feel the race went?

The start was incredibly promising, but as soon as I tried to defend from John I knew it was over. I just...couldn't give him enough room, I guess. I need to apologise to him, he didn't deserve to be taken out like that and I think my own goals just clouded my judgement.

So you're taking the blame for this?

Of course. I'm not going to blame John, it was my silly driving that ruined things for the both of us. I'm incredibly sorry this happened.

How do you feel about the next race? It's Silverstone, your home race...

I don't think I can answer this right now. All I need is to go home, put my feet up, and get some rest. Perhaps ask me at the track, because I think I'll be in a better frame of mind then.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Pleased with the first (!) podium of the season, but I'm disappointed the car wasn't quick enough to hold first place. I'm glad I avoided the destruction derby galore on the track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Somogyi @#$%¨#@$#$¨&$!!! :x (Stefan Van Renselaar radio)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Didn't realise I was just ELEVEN points behind Charrel! Could a miracle happen at Silverstone?

As long as a TNR doesn't blow up in front of me I should be A-OK

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Mr Teamboss Dan Paddock: Your inbox is full, please empty ;-)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Mullet345 Wrote:
> It's official. Ed Greenhalgh is the champion for
> season 8. This makes him the first driver to win 3
> consecutive championships. Massive congratulations
> go to Greenhalgh, and to AMR for winning the
> constructors championship. Depending on how the
> final race results turn out, here is how the car
> numbers will be for season 9:
>
> MPR: 1, 2, 24, 25
> AMR: 3, 4, 26, 27
> ONE: 5, 6, 28, 29
> Scuderia Minardi (VSM): 7, 8, 30, 31
> Shadow: 9, 10, 32, 33
> SCR: 11, 12, 34, 35
> Demon: 14, 15, 36, 37
> Snake: 16, 17, 38, 39
> TNR: 18, 19, 40, 41
> MAC: 20, 21, 42, 43
> JHR: 22, 23, 44, 45

Wrong, the only numbers decided are AMR 3,4,24,25.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Wouldn't JHR be 24 and 25 for the race drivers, being a new team?

Nope:

e) A new team that enters after the season has started with be allocated 24 and 25. If those numbers have been taken, then it will be 26 and 27 and so on

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Nope:
>
> e) A new team that enters after the season has
> started with be allocated 24 and 25. If those
> numbers have been taken, then it will be 26 and 27
> and so on

I presume then that's after the new season thread has been created rather than the season has "started" - would seem weird to be putting a new team into the mix after round 1 ;)

I don't think so Stu.

Why would Aston Martin have the first testers numbers?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Charrel I've made some space in my inbox mate.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Because AMR won the WCC :-) we would still be the first team in the perf as per season 5.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nope:
> >
> > e) A new team that enters after the season has
> > started with be allocated 24 and 25. If those
> > numbers have been taken, then it will be 26 and
> 27
> > and so on
>
> I presume then that's after the new season thread
> has been created rather than the season has
> "started" - would seem weird to be putting a new
> team into the mix after round 1 ;)

Well, we had that issue with ONE this year...

I'd guess it's in case somebody decides to pull out their team mid-season.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy