Re: Soon.....
Date: May 01, 2013 07:54PM
Posted by: quickslick
fantastic from you guys(Y)
Date: May 01, 2013 08:30PM
Posted by: SDI
I'm glad you like it!

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: May 01, 2013 08:37PM
Posted by: rracunis
Really unbelievable , stunning work .
Date: May 01, 2013 08:56PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Nice to see so many people showing respect to the authors, they have done amazing work so far and people are really looking forward to these great updates :)
Date: May 01, 2013 09:08PM
Posted by: Alessio88
what the hell guys,thanks so much this year it's the best gp4 year no doubt about it thanks to all of you people :)

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: May 01, 2013 09:26PM
Posted by: Duffer
Really great update ! Excellent work

--------------------------------------------

Date: May 01, 2013 09:46PM
Note that the bitmaps are from rFactor Dynamic HUD (rfDynHUD).

Date: May 01, 2013 10:15PM
and one question,will be avaible the normal classification as well?i mean pressing B now we get the classification with 8 cars per page will this classification avaible on the new style as well?thanks again for that great work

Greetings
Alessio

Date: May 01, 2013 11:49PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
GP4 keeps alive with all these new things year after year.

Special thanks to the whole gp4 community :-)

Return of the year is for sure René Smit hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 11:49PM by Bigbrother.
Date: May 02, 2013 12:29AM
For now I only have the 5 cars at the bottom, because it can be shown constantly without replacing anything else. It's also the main screen shown on TV.
I saw 3 other standings screens, but they were hardly shown. At the start of the race a top 10 tower at the left without times, and also at the start of the race the screen with 8 cars each you are talking about. And somewhere near the end of the race the same screens but with number of pit stops or the fastest pit stop times.
I'm not sure which you want to see. I could make it toggle with 'B', but it already toggles between time difference and number of pit stops. Or I can make it depend on the Cars per Page setting (show the other screen when higher than 5), but then you won't be able to switch in-game.

It's also hard to choose between usefulness within a game, and realism. Using the screens while driving is different from purely watching. I have only the director's cut mode to make the choice here. So until now I just listened to mclarenaustralia to determine what to put in and what not. For example, there won't be any animations like in the digital 2004 mode, except for the purple flashing for fastest lap.

There are also multiple split time comparison screens. The 'battle for' at the top left don't use the splits but update almost constantly. I've used the bottom right one instead, based on the splits. And the GPxSAT race positions with 5 cars at the bottom also depend on the splits for the time differences and position gained/lost, instead of updating almost constantly like on TV. Maybe this will be improved later. But there are a lot of little things to improve, so for now I try to get a first version out as soon as possible with the most important screens.

Date: May 02, 2013 12:33AM
Posted by: Stoopid
Absolutely stunning work (H)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: May 02, 2013 12:34AM
Posted by: tojepo
Very Nice (Y)(Y)
Date: May 02, 2013 10:56AM
Posted by: josekast
nice job.
Date: May 02, 2013 02:32PM
Posted by: weechees
Oh my god this is brilliant!
Date: May 02, 2013 03:05PM
Posted by: yayo_75
Excellent work
Date: May 02, 2013 04:26PM
sorry mate i didn't think to post streight away a screenshoot so to show you what i mean,i just would like to know if those two (the classification and the driver name + team name) will be show on the new version as well,thanks a lot to both of you guys :)

Greetings
Alessio

Date: May 02, 2013 05:10PM
Posted by: MiSeRy
This is just amazing. Great work from you 2 guys. Fantastic.
Date: May 02, 2013 05:20PM
Driver name will be shown (e.g. by selecting another car or by pressing 'N';). The standings screen as you show it is what I thought you meant. I'm not showing it at the moment as it's hardly shown on tv. I'm sure everyone has his own preference, so I could make it a setting, but it has no high priority for the first version.

PS: I did fix the scaling that is shown in your screenshots (for all modes and for GPxCInfo), so the digital 2004 screens and logo's will be as wide as in 4:3 resolution. And I also improved the font rendering quality.

Date: May 02, 2013 05:33PM
ok great mate,thanks a lot,the classifications as i posted it's often showed on qualy at the end of q1 and q2 quite always and with the number of pit stops in race,i do belive as you think to make a choice for our preferences it will be good,but again i'm with you that this won't be a priority for first version,thanks to fixed the scaling as well mate :) :)

Greetings
Alessio

Date: May 02, 2013 05:51PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Go Mr. Rene Smith.. Best thing for GP4 this year!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy