GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
As Stu is the guy that's suffered I think it should be entirely up to him how we resolve it.

On a personal note, I know TSS are using a boost this round which would make it a bit annoying to then suffer the penalty. It's also gutting that we've used up almost all of our boost for the season in races in which other teams have had their performances over-inflated compared to ours.

Completely understand that accidents happens - we all know how hard Stuart in particular works to keep the series up and going, for that we can forgive him of anything.

First.OFFICIAL.Exclusive. Interview with Minardi's new race driver, Matteo Scala.

"24 May 2010. Great Britain GP. Last race of GPGSL-S4. That was my last presence as a race driver. TafuroGP didn't exist yet, my home was called Phoenix Racing."

"I'll be back."

"26 April 2010. Malaysian GP. The first and last time I raced there. 13th in qualify, 4th in race. My best result as a race driver so far."

"I'll be back."

"Early 2012. I sold my team to test for Scuderia Minardi."

"I told ya I was going to return."

"Now I'm a race driver again."

"And it's time to crash my car's nose into some car ;)"

"Erm. Thanks for letting us... erm... listen your monologue, mr Scala. Bye!"

Just bored ;)

My GPGSL Career
+1 what Mal said ;)

OT: I think we need an shrink to get an psychiatric test onMatteo Scala, clearly its to dangerous for the other drivers and himself to let him race as he's saying he will deliberately crash his car into someone else!

Just to let you guys know, that after having said this, Scuderia Minardi will NOT be held responsible for any injury succumbed due to this crash. Nor will we be held repsonsible for the eventual hospital bills !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Surely the fairest way is to put all engines back to where they should be and give AMR a compensatory boost for the forthcoming two rounds to make up for what they were missing out on in the previous rounds. Not the full amount they were down though, maybe half would be fair. If it was the full amount then it would be too unbalanced as they'd be the only team with an inflationary BHP, giving them much more of an advantage compared to those teams in the last couple of rounds who've been one of ten to have inflationary BHPs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
First of all it should be stressed that all teams except AMR had the advantage. In return this means, that no matter what is going to happen, there will only be a discrepancy towards AMR and to no other team! This means for Tom's statement, that TSS had at no time any disadvantage to any other team, just a slight advantage to AMR. Hence it was pure bad luck that TSS's team bosts haven't worked out as they should have, but it had nothing to do with the 'over-inflation' of the other teams, since TSS had this over-inflation, too!

Now, I've discussed the options with Stu before he made this major error public. Of course I am also very sorry that this mistake hasn't been found out earlier, and to a big extend that was also my mistake. I simply didn't think about the connection of the double points and the resulting double dividing of the points for the team perfs, and hence I didn't go to check this in the file I received from Stu to extend it with my check-code. It was an accumulation of bad luck and personal flaws from both our sides.
Now, the thing is that in no way we're going to achieve a completely fair result here. Once again, all teams other than AMR have no advantage or disadvantage to each other with how things went. This leaves us with basically 4 options.

1. A complete re-race of the 2nd and 3rd round: I think we all agree that this is not really an option

2. The suggestion Stu made: Of course this will still leave all teams with an advantage over AMR, despite the reduction, but in the end it hopefully levels the perfs in a mostly fair way

3. A simple re-calculation of the mistaken perfs with no further action. "Of course this would level the field again but won't make good for AMRs disadvantage in the last 2 rounds

4. See option 3 + the mentioned perf reduction for 2 rounds, as suggested by Stu: This would probably be the fairest option to AMR, but would on the other hand double-penalize the other teams.

At least Option 2 is how I understood Stu when we talked about it.

/edit:

Like Owen mentioned, there is

5. My option four but with only half the boost for AMR/reduction for the other teams.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2012 12:05AM by JohnMaverick.
mortal écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is my opinion that the entire excess boost
> should be stripped immediately. Fair enough the
> advantage was given over two races by a simple
> mistake in the calculator, however why allow the
> advantage to continue for another round, or two?
> Surely it is unfair to the team that did not gain
> an advantage by the mistake in the perf
> calculator? Although I suspect an official protest
> will not be forthcoming lol.
> I request a re-think on the option please.
> So, my choice is to completely remove the
> advantage that has been given, then apply any
> boost requests for the next two rounds as normal.
> Get those engines back to where they should be
> asap. :-)

I second my team boss. :-)
So that means Maverick's Option 3 : back to the good perf values immediately and no bonus points for AMR to compensate the disadvantage, as they are yet second in the standings and will beat all of us since the next round with the correct values for everyone. ;)

The problem with giving AMR a boost for one round is how much? Owen said make it half to be fair, half of what though? Half of SCR's 11 bhp advantage? That wouldn't be fair on AMR and certainly not fair on DMR who only had 2 extra bhp advantage.

I will admit that my first thought was to take the advantage back in one round, which we could still do and also make it a non boost round like Melbourne.

Another thought I had was to null and void rounds one and two and go straight to Sepang and re-run Adelaide and Singapore again just before Silverstone, but hell, why should AMR be penalised again by potentially losing Ed's win at Adelaide? As you can see there are winners and losers whichever way you look at it.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
When I say half, I mean half of what they would've gained had they also benefited from an exaggerated BHP with the incorrect calculation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I haven't read it all, but with regards to AMR 'not having an advantage' for a race or two, I have just one thing to highlight...

How many seasons did AMR almost solely benefit from inheriting the performance from the original team; in comparison to how hard is it for new teams today to even get to that stage for just one single race? ;)

I say leave it as it is, resume. Thats at least one way the rest of the field gets to catch up! And the whitewash results of the past speak for themselves.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I think we should revert the BHP for other teams to what they would have had if they didn't have the advantage then leave it, it's too early in the championship to make a difference.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> First of all it should be stressed that all teams
> except AMR had the advantage. In return this
> means, that no matter what is going to happen,
> there will only be a discrepancy towards AMR and
> to no other team! This means for Tom's statement,
> that TSS had at no time any disadvantage to any
> other team, just a slight advantage to AMR. Hence
> it was pure bad luck that TSS's team bosts haven't
> worked out as they should have, but it had nothing
> to do with the 'over-inflation' of the other
> teams, since TSS had this over-inflation, too!
>

This is not quite true, the teams (except AMR) who performed well in the first races of the season were awarded with more BHP than they should have been. Therefore, the teams that performed better got more of an advantage across the races than they otherwise should have.

Or keep existing results, and for the next race, use no boosts and use the season opener perf and go from there as normal.

Call the first flyaway events the freak results.

I found it thoroughly enjoying seeing new faces score points for a change though. It certainly freshened the league up a lot. I have no agenda against AMR, but they have been hogging the limelight and the fun for long enough. Only something like this oddity which conveniently pinpoints the one team causing dominant frustration for the rest or a full reset of perfs would make it a little closer for everyone else.

I see it as a blessing in disguise.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Lmfao!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
WOW, I have some reading to do. :)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
danm schrieb:
> Or keep existing results, and for the next race,
> use no boosts and use the season opener perf and
> go from there as normal.

I second this, except for one thing: Maybe give AMR a bit more boost than it has, maybe 2BHP or stuff. Hardly anything but my 2 cents say it would be fairer than just resetting.
xSilvermanx Schreef:
> danm schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Or keep existing results, and for the next
> race,
> > use no boosts and use the season opener perf
> and
> > go from there as normal.
>
> I second this, except for one thing: Maybe give
> AMR a bit more boost than it has, maybe 2BHP or
> stuff. Hardly anything but my 2 cents say it would
> be fairer than just resetting.

My god, i know that Demon racing is a new team and all but seriously... Are they paying you even less as i pay Matteo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> xSilvermanx Schreef:
> -----
> > danm schrieb:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Or keep existing results, and for the next
> > race,
> > > use no boosts and use the season opener perf
> > and
> > > go from there as normal.
> >
> > I second this, except for one thing: Maybe give
> > AMR a bit more boost than it has, maybe 2BHP or
> > stuff. Hardly anything but my 2 cents say it
> would
> > be fairer than just resetting.
>
>
> My god, i know that Demon racing is a new team and
> all but seriously... Are they paying you even less
> as i pay Matteo?

Slave labour is what Demon Racing is all about : 2 cents a day...... he he he.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> First of all it should be stressed that all teams
> except AMR had the advantage. In return this
> means, that no matter what is going to happen,
> there will only be a discrepancy towards AMR and
> to no other team! This means for Tom's statement,
> that TSS had at no time any disadvantage to any
> other team, just a slight advantage to AMR. Hence
> it was pure bad luck that TSS's team bosts haven't
> worked out as they should have, but it had nothing
> to do with the 'over-inflation' of the other
> teams, since TSS had this over-inflation, too!
>
> Now, I've discussed the options with Stu before he
> made this major error public. Of course I am also
> very sorry that this mistake hasn't been found out
> earlier, and to a big extend that was also my
> mistake. I simply didn't think about the
> connection of the double points and the resulting
> double dividing of the points for the team perfs,
> and hence I didn't go to check this in the file I
> received from Stu to extend it with my check-code.
> It was an accumulation of bad luck and personal
> flaws from both our sides.
> Now, the thing is that in no way we're going to
> achieve a completely fair result here. Once again,
> all teams other than AMR have no advantage or
> disadvantage to each other with how things went.
> This leaves us with basically 4 options.
>
> 1. A complete re-race of the 2nd and 3rd round: I
> think we all agree that this is not really an
> option
>
> 2. The suggestion Stu made: Of course this will
> still leave all teams with an advantage over AMR,
> despite the reduction, but in the end it hopefully
> levels the perfs in a mostly fair way
>
> 3. A simple re-calculation of the mistaken perfs
> with no further action. "Of course this would
> level the field again but won't make good for AMRs
> disadvantage in the last 2 rounds
>
> 4. See option 3 + the mentioned perf reduction for
> 2 rounds, as suggested by Stu: This would probably
> be the fairest option to AMR, but would on the
> other hand double-penalize the other teams.
>
> At least Option 2 is how I understood Stu when we
> talked about it.
>
> /edit:
>
> Like Owen mentioned, there is
>
> 5. My option four but with only half the boost for
> AMR/reduction for the other teams.

Team Owner hat wearing again right here :

Of those options, i would go #3. We need to revert back to whatever the perf ratings should be, and continue on. AMR may have missed out on these perf bonuses, but.... maybe to be fair, they get applied with 2 races with 1bhp boost added. And those races are notified in advance eg : race #5 and 6 of the season.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> Slave labour is what Demon Racing is all about : 2
> cents a day...... he he he.....

Seb gets all of 2 cents? I think I'm being mugged off here...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy