GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Anyone tried contacting him via Facebook?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Well thats a decent result for Snake Motorsports, very interesting to see that my drivers end up gaining nor losing any positions. Only two other drivers managed that! Sad to see a podium slip away and Connor just had an off day, even with everything that struck him he kept fighting back and regaining lost positions! Team spirits are up high and we are looking forward to Malaysia :)

Ben Johnson may act inactive now, but fact is he won the race. Therefor his victory will stand and Somogyi will keep 2nd. If he fails to show up soon he'll be booted for the rest of the season, right now actions have already been taken to remove the 'ghost' from the main drivers series.

Thats just my take on it though.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
If a driver "ghost" or not wouldnt be allowed to win a race with the danger of being inactive still after that. Then no penalised driver should be allowed to take part in a race in the first place.
Will this then also mean that when a driver A has an penalty on his name (but is allowed to drive) and punts of driver B (who is active) during a race, driver B gets the points of the position he held up to that contact? Because, lets be honest, its not fair for driver B to get punted off by a ghost driver.

I want to be straight up and say i'm not only saying this because its my team who won the race. But because i think we dont need to make things more complicated. The rules on behalf of inactive drivers are pretty clear at this moment. I think nothing is wrong with them. But ofcourse, thats up to the GPGSL to decide not us.

CaptinFranko Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rico Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rico Schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oh crap...
> >
> >
> > OT: It was Ben who won the race, not Somogyi,
> We
> > all know Ben always was active, there must be
> > something going on there. I personally
> contacted
> > him via various platform but sad that didnt
> work
> > out.
> > One can only hope he is ok.
> >
> > Matteo Scala will take over his seat for the
> > following races. As Ben gets demoted to the
> > testers role for the next race. If he doesnt
> show
> > up after that i'm very sad to see him go from
> the
> > series. I agree however that we do not need
> ghosts
> > and that "ghosts" are dangerous for the
> league's
> > existance.
>
> That may be true, but with all due respect, I dont
> think he should be allowed to keep it. He already
> had an inactivity penalty and hasn't shown up yet
> this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Correct me if Im wrong because I may be thinking of someone else, but wasnt it Ben Johnson who was massively inactive in one of the previous seasons?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Correct me if Im wrong because I may be thinking
> of someone else, but wasnt it Ben Johnson who was
> massively inactive in one of the previous seasons?

That was Phil Oakley wasn't it?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> CaptinFranko Wrote:
> -----
> > Correct me if Im wrong because I may be
> thinking
> > of someone else, but wasnt it Ben Johnson who
> was
> > massively inactive in one of the previous
> seasons?
>
>
> That was Phil Oakley wasn't it?

That's the one...my bad!

OT: I must say that, Christel VXR policy is that, even if it is only your first inactivity penalty, you are demoted to a test role for the next race anyway.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2012 10:47PM by CaptinFranko.
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Rico Wrote:
> -----
> > Rico Schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oh crap...
> >
> >
> > OT: It was Ben who won the race, not Somogyi,
> We
> > all know Ben always was active, there must be
> > something going on there. I personally
> contacted
> > him via various platform but sad that didnt
> work
> > out.
> > One can only hope he is ok.
> >
> > Matteo Scala will take over his seat for the
> > following races. As Ben gets demoted to the
> > testers role for the next race. If he doesnt
> show
> > up after that i'm very sad to see him go from
> the
> > series. I agree however that we do not need
> ghosts
> > and that "ghosts" are dangerous for the
> league's
> > existance.
>
> That may be true, but with all due respect, I dont
> think he should be allowed to keep it. He already
> had an inactivity penalty and hasn't shown up yet
> this season.

I know, I know, it's the second time I'm affected positively by a ghost driver's win ;) I'm just gonna give my 2 cents.

As Ricardo said Ben hasn't replied to multiple calls. This puts his case on a different level from Philip's (who really failed to make himself active despite he replied to my messages).

Stripping Ben of the win would be fine. But given that Philip's win wasn't stripped it wouldn't be fair to Ben(especially because he just disappeared with no news about him).
Giving a look at the activity rules, I don't see much of a change since S6. I would have agreed with your idea if in the meantime the Governing Body had sentenced that ghost drivers can't win races.

If it was for me, I would demote race drivers to testing since the first penalty. They'll get in the way of the active drivers anyway.

My GPGSL Career
I don't think we can remove the win from him retrospectively. Otherwise that makes the inactivity rules pointless. What needs to be done is if people are unhappy with ghosts driving, as soon as you're inactive for one deadline period, you're demoted to the test series. Solves the issue, surely?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Schreef:
> I don't think we can remove the win from him
> retrospectively. Otherwise that makes the
> inactivity rules pointless. What needs to be done
> is if people are unhappy with ghosts driving, as
> soon as you're inactive for one deadline period,
> you're demoted to the test series. Solves the
> issue, surely?

Exactly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
So my inactive team mate wins and I lose 10 places during the race. Gutted.

The activity rules are quite specific in that you are temporarily demoted to the test series after two penalties. As Ben had only received one penalty before the Singapore GP, his win will stand. Philip Oakley's win was not taken away from him a few season's ago, so it would be most unfair for us to do so to Ben.

The governing body will look into the activity rules at the end of the season, maybe change to a demotion after one warning.

This is the rule for the activity check.
"Every fourteen days, the whole members list will be checked for activity. If a member of GPGSL has not been active for a significant time (ten days or more), a warning will be issued. Both team bosses and drivers will be checked for inactivity. All warnings will be erased after the season ends."
"Fourteen" is highlighted in red to show a change in the rules from a 10 day check to a 14 day one. I think what has happened is that the "ten days or more" statement should have been altered to "14 days or more".

I have Ben Johnson on my Facebook friends list and I am sure he posted on there a few days ago. Hmmm!

EDIT: I have just checked and although Ben doesn't use FB that often, his last status update was 7 days ago.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2012 11:58PM by Stoopid.
Stoopid Wrote:
> The activity rules are quite specific in that you
> are temporarily demoted to the test series after
> two penalties. As Ben had only received one
> penalty before the Singapore GP, his win will
> stand. Philip Oakley's win was not taken away from
> him a few season's ago, so it would be most unfair
> for us to do so to Ben.
>
> The governing body will look into the activity
> rules at the end of the season, maybe change to a
> demotion after one warning.
>
> This is the rule for the activity check.
> "Every fourteen days, the whole members list will
> be checked for activity. If a member of GPGSL has
> not been active for a significant time (ten days
> or more), a warning will be issued. Both team
> bosses and drivers will be checked for inactivity.
> All warnings will be erased after the season
> ends."
> "Fourteen" is highlighted in red to show a change
> in the rules from a 10 day check to a 14 day one.
> I think what has happened is that the "ten days or
> more" statement should have been altered to "14
> days or more".
>
> I have Ben Johnson on my Facebook friends list and
> I am sure he posted on there a few days ago. Hmmm!

So Ross shouldn't receive a penalty in that case...

I think that makes potentially more sense that after one penalty you are back into a test seat but if that is introduced there would need to be greater clarification in terms of the dates that you can be inactive.

What would happen if you were a test driver, would you lose your drive completely after one missed activity deadline.

This is just my 2 cents

I think, and this is in no way to be a douchebag to Ben, that he should be stripped of his points for this race. Somogyi would not be granted the win, as he didn't win the race, simple as that.

Minardi would keep their constructor points gained as in all fairness this is not Rico's fault, he has done everything in his power to contact Ben.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Stoopid schrieb:
> "Fourteen" is highlighted in red to show a change
> in the rules from a 10 day check to a 14 day one.
> I think what has happened is that the "ten days or
> more" statement should have been altered to "14
> days or more".

ah, that explains lot. i was already wondering whether this is an error or not

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I remember the Oakley-gate, and nothing was done about it. I mean, there is nothing regarding losing a win if you are inactive. When Phil won that race, I remember having posted that the Activity Rules needed tweaking so that this wouldn't happen again. A simple clarification. If you are on your 1st or 2nd warning, you'll have your points stripped and/or you'll be disqualified from the last event prior to that Activity Check. I reckon that this would prevent problems like this.

As for this case in particular, I feel that if nothing was done with Oakley, nothing should be done with Ben, other than applying the current rules.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
As team owner of Demon Racing, and Zsigimond Somogyis' "boss", i was rapt that he got 2nd. He crossed the line 2nd, unable to catch or pass the car of Johnson. Personally i would not like my team to inherit a win as a result of a "ghost" driver being stripped of victory.

If anything, strip the driver of his points for that win, and keep everyone else on the same results and positions finished. Speaking firmly with the Team Boss hat on, "we" came second, and we will celebrate a 2nd place finish.
Let Ben Johnson keep his win, as he earnt that on track. Whether he is actually around to acknowledge that is irrelevant = demote if necessary to get an active driver in the main game, but keep the result.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I'm just sitting in a lecture, so I couldn't fully follow the discussion here. But there is no rule to strip an inactive driver from a win and hence the discussion is ridiculous for me. Even the more, I wonder why everybody is so embarrassed about this win. What if Johnson had finished 2nd or 3rd? Would you then want to strip the podium from him? What if he finished 10th? Would you still want to strip the points from him?

I really don't see the difference between a win and any other place here. Either you need to penalize an inactive driver completely, so that he isn't allowed at all to drive for one race, or you live with the outcome of the race. Everything else just makes things unnecessary complicated and non-transparent.

/add:
And concerning the activity rule, Stu is right. Unfortunately I forgot to alter the second part of the sentence! It should have been altered to 14 days as well! That is what we agreed to and it's very unfortunate that I forgot this! I'm very sorry for it. The board agreed to a full extended period of 14 days, so I will change it later in the rules!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2012 11:09AM by JohnMaverick.
LOL at that race! Excellent coverage though, and lovely screens. Top work, thankyou! :)

Norbert is suffering with this one lap qualifying. Shame for Owen, but at least its not as bad as TSM's season... bahahaha!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Another good result for the team and 1-2 in the championship.

Sorry about the inactivity thing.
RAC5 Wrote:
> Another good result for the team and 1-2 in the
> championship.
>
> Sorry about the inactivity thing.

Well according to the rules, you wasn't in-active so don't incur a penalty.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy