GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Owen Edwards @oensan 3 hrs
My championship chances are officially over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Round 9 - Spa-Francorchamps - Official Results Tables

Round 9 - Spa-Francorchamps - Official Standings Tables

Round 9 - Spa-Francorchamps - Official Boost Tables

Round 9 - Spa-Francorchamps - GPGCL

Decent race, better than the last one.
Its looking unlikely we will challenge for the championship now.
Will just have to aim for a top 5 finish.
My race was pretty much over after the first lap, the only thing I could still do was to bring it back home safely, which I did managed to do.

I fooled myself into thinking that I could finally do a good race, but obviously I was wrong =(

Hope I can keep up my performance in the next few test sessions, top 5 and I'm happy!
Good result for Michael in the Christel too

nice race for Demon, so I hope for a similar success at Hockenheim, Germany. Looking forward to it.
Tobias didn't really need a DNF but a top ten for Ruben is decent. All a bit of a comedown after Brazil though...

Buaaaaaaaaaaaa...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 10, German Grand Prix, Classic Hockenheim are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Sunday 14th April 2013. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Hockenheim". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Hockenheim". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S8

Round 1: Albert Park, Australia - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Adelaide, South Australia - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 3: Marina Bay, Singapore - Winner: Ben Johnson - Scuderia Minardi
Round 4: Sepang, Malaysia - Winner: Owen Edwards - True North Racing
Round 5: Suzuka, Japan - Winner: Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 6: Montreal, Canada - Winner: Matteo Scala - Scuderia Minardi
Round 7: Boromo Superveloz, South America - Winner: Stefan van Renselaar - One Racing
Round 8: Interlagos, Brazil - Winner: Tobias Kederer - Team Shadow
Round 9: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: Classic Hockenheim, Germany - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 11: A1-Ring, Austria - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Imola, San Marino - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Monza, Italy - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Monte-Carlo, Monaco - 19% - 80 AI Errors
Round 15: Magny-Cours, France - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: Nurburgring Nordschleife, Luxemburg - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 17: Silverstone - Britain - 75% - 40 AI Errors

Shame we lost a potential win with that first lap mayhem. Although that promoted me a few places it wasn't good. 7th is another solid finish, my 7th top 10 in nine races, which ties me with Ross in 6th (although his 2nd place best finish puts him ahead). Despite Stefan beating me, this year is being a dream compared with the last one. Hope I don't wake up! Heh.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Can I put in a protest for Connor Steer with his 11 position gain considering he was running the race? :P
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I put in a protest for Connor Steer with his
> 11 position gain considering he was running the
> race? :P

What good would that do? Besides, RDs are not allowed to change anything unless told to do so. So protesting will be a waste of time.

Mullet345 Wrote:
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can I put in a protest for Connor Steer with
> his
> > 11 position gain considering he was running the
> > race? :P
>
> What good would that do? Besides, RDs are not
> allowed to change anything unless told to do so.
> So protesting will be a waste of time.

It was a joke, hence the ":P"
Awesome coverage Connor, must have been a great race to watch. I got very nervous when Ed did his pitstop and was under enormous prssure to stay in the lead of the long train of cars ;) I was genuinely disappointed when Silvestre crashed out in the lead, that was such a shame for MAC Racing, it was looking very good for them.

Never the less, Ed becomes the first driver this season to win two races, well done mate :)

I don't know what happened to John on the last lap. He started the lap in 11th, but got held up by Hinz's incident, then tumbled down to 15th. Did he fall? Or was he pushed? ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Fantastic to win my 3rd Belgian GP in a row, and the 5th in a row for AMR/Velox! Call me Kimi!

It was a nervous few laps at the end there, and I was lucky to escape being bumped from behind at the Bus Stop - but after that it was good to pull away again.

EDIT: Also nice to see the Australians anchoring both ends of the table!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 04:35PM by SchueyFan.
Mullet345 Wrote:
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can I put in a protest for Connor Steer with
> his
> > 11 position gain considering he was running the
> > race? :P
>
> What good would that do? Besides, RDs are not
> allowed to change anything unless told to do so.
> So protesting will be a waste of time.

Sense of humour failure!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I have officially no idea what happened to me in that last lap. One moment I was 11th, next I was 15th ;)
Of course these lost 4 places hurt, but then again don't make that much of a difference, yet. The whole race was lost in the 1st round, I'm afraid.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Is this still a Team Launch thread ? ;) ;)

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS - 10th of April 2053

After the reveal of the main contenders of the forthcoming GPGSL Season 347 (Tyrant Motorsports, Australis GP, TTW Racing...) here is now the launch of the french team Ecurie Mistral.
Team owner, manager, driver and cooker Eric Moinet had nothing to say but : "Putain, il pleut"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 11:15PM by EricMoinet.
first of all: fantastic coverage (Y)

disapointing race tbh. i think i had a great race but being run off the track by other drivers twice - the second incident being very dangerous and costly - is an absolute joke. not cool at all.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy