GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Three things:
1 (the IC comment): Ouch, what a nasty crash. Sad for the team, hope Zsigmond is ok.

2 (a player's point of view): Why doesn't this happen, when I run races???

3: Did you record this one? :-p
GPGSL S8 Australian Grand Prix, Melbourne

(Track by Davide & J Caranti)

Race Day (Part Two)

You rejoin us here at Albert Park as the pitstops begin with the leader taking new tyres.

Spencer takes the fastest lap.

Maverick challenges the former leader of the race.

Jalving rejoins in 12th place after his pitstop.

Kederer makes a stop also and is now 15th.

Oh no! Thats the 2nd Demon car in trouble.

Jalving finds himself stuck behind the Horváth/Warrington battle as

it starts to drizzle with rain.

Hunsley also takes on new tyres and returns to the action in 10th.

14 laps to go.

Gilson makes a stop and comes out the pits in 3rd, but has he got out

in front of Edwards?

Yes he has! Edwards is in 5th.

There's no sign of anyone changing tyres due to the rain, they are

just swapping for new slicks.

Jalving and Hunsley are caught up with back markers.

Reigning champion Greenhalgh is now up to 9th, but he has yet to make

a stop.

One Racing lead for the first time in only their first race!

Van Renselaar gets his braking all wrong and bumps into the back of

Elleker.

Elleker also loses out to Greenhalgh.

This rain seems to be just a drizzle. Edwards is now in 2nd.

Gilson assumes the lead of the race.

10 laps remaining and everyone has made a stop.

3rd to 5th. Kederer seems to be gaining on Hunsley.

Warrington attempts to pass Greidanus but fails.

The two Ones at sixes and sevens ;)

Hunsley must be feeling the pressure of Kederer gets closer and closer as he locks up.

Warrington molests Greidanus in a ill conceived passing move.

Cartwright catching Johnson.

Hinz locks whilst following Horváth, at least he didn't use his car as an extra brake like others.

Rodríguez now in a lonely 6th place.

The AMR pitwall will be relieved to see John Maverick climb from 22nd to 10th place.

5 laps to go and Gilson looks pretty safe in the lead.

Greenhalgh is close behind Hinz.

He goes for the pass on the German.

And he does it, thats 12th place for the Aussie after starting a lowly 21st. Great work by the AMR drivers.

The two Snakes in 16th and 17th.

Carlos looks safe in 6th position.

Elleker slides off track all by his lonesome.

Gilson looking comfortable in the lead. This is an impressive debut performance.

Edwards just can't keep up.

Johnson having lost a place to Cartwright, now has Maverick too close for comfort.

Maverick goes for 9th spot.

Last lap of the race.

Joseph Gilson and Southern Cross Racing win the Australian Grand Prix.

Owen Edwards and True North Racing finish 2nd.

Charrel Jalving and Martini Paddock Racing 3rd.

Congratulations to Gilson and Aussie team SCR, winners of the Australian Grand Prix.

Stay tuned for the official results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
doesnt look good for us :(
3rd and 4th!!! Great result for MPR in the first race, our biggest competitors didnt score as good as we did..

To bad I lost out a place at the start, I didnt managed to attack the guys in front. With the pitstop and the starting rain the conditions were tricky. Hunsley showed to be very competitive in this car! A great result for him, I hope there will be a great battle between us for the WDC this year ;)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Oh, shitballs...I think Melbourne actually hates me.

A real kick in the knackers that - one Holden-powered car winning whilst mine decides to pop its clogs. I sure hope Zsigmond's alright after that massive roll.

Congrats to Mr. Gilson though, a great first race for him.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 10:59PM by Incident 2k9.
Gee whiz. That. Was. Great.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

A mistake cost us what could have been a really good team result.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
GPGSL S8 Australian Grand Prix.

Official Race Results

Everyone here at AMR are immensely proud of our two race drivers. After the disappointment of qualifying, in which I believe both drivers suffered a case of nerves, we wre expecting a long hard afternoon during the race. For us to get 10th and 12th is more than we had hoped. Looks like John has picked up a bonus point for most places gained too :) Well done guys.

Andrei's performance in the sprint race was superb too, cracking result in your first race for the team. As for Daniel, I'm sure things will improve, I have every confidence in you :)

Again, well done all (Y)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Oh sim menina! What a debut race for One! Very pleased with the result! As my former teammate and now boss would say: THIS IS SUL AMERICAN POWER! :-) :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Congartulations to Joseph Gilson and SCR, Epic debut.

I am very pleased with our own race. Ofcourse John had some bad luck in the end and only finished 17th but Ben scored a very good 9th finish position.
As said before our race set-up was better as our qualy set-up.

It is now case to examine the data and get the car better for the one-lap qualifying format. Thank god we have 2 experience highly talented driers who can give us a great amount of feedback !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
considering my position on the grid i'm quite happy with the result. seemed to be a faultless drive, staying in front of the AMRs was impossible.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Well that was a big disappointment

Very chuffed with that result! Just over second behind Charrel after 26 laps, the exact same fastest lap time and best of all... MPR on top of the table!!! :D

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

What a race!

Obviously, first thing to say is I'm glad Zsigmond walked away from that accident, it really goes to show how great a job Maikel has done in making these cars safe.

Now for TSM! I'll be having a word about how close our guys should be getting to each other in the opening stages of a race! Looks like Ruben had some problems on the car which made his day a bit more difficult than it needed to be, the other guys knocking him off the circuit also didn't help. We'll iron out these problems in the next couple of races however.

Tobi was awesome today! Very impressed by our young rising star and I think there'll be a lot of guys looking over there shoulders as he states his intentions on the title this year. We need to cool him down a little but overall, very good job by him.

MPR and SCR obviously have had a very good start to the season but neither looked dominant here. AMR obviously, had a very dodgy qualifying to recover from but their race oace seemed strong. Season 8 looks exciting!

Nice work from John and I, good to see the race pace was strong!

X (@ed24f1)
Owen Edwards @oensan 57m
Disappointed not to win. Tried short-filling to control the race but got caught out by traffic after stop so decided to settle for 2nd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 12:59AM by oensan.
I was watching the race from the pitlane, and I have to say there is a lot of tension within the team after seeing the cars finish 14th and 20th. Hopefully the next race will bring a better result.

1st place! Yes! :-):-):-) I really didn't expect to win after Edwards passed me and started to pull away, but somehow we beat him in the pitstops and my second set of tyres seemed to worked better. A great race, and a perfect start to my season.

I wish to dedicate this win to my brother, Thomas, who died in January. He bought GP4 in the first place, so I probably wouldn't be in the GPGSL if it wasn't for him.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Demon Racing press release....

Well. That was an eventful debut for the team! We are waiting to hear of Somogyi's health after that HUGE accident. And Jakes mechaniical failure was a huge shame for the team. Oh well, onto Adelaide we go.......:(

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy