GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
MPR looking strong

My comments on qualifying:
This year the new rules let you have one flying lap. Precious years you could set a banker ap and then driver a few laps with a gamble in set-up and risk. This year you only get one chance.

I showed to have the pace to qualify in pole position, but I made a very small mistake in sector 3, if I didnt have that I would have been on pole. I want to congratulate Jack Hunsley with his 4th position! Such a good qualifying in a new car.. that gives respect!

I hope we make make it a double podium for MPR tomorrow! The race is on ;)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
TNR will host a silent press conference about the results.

Wow!!! Great runs for the two Demon drivers! Well done lads - an extra soft drink for you both at dinner tonight!!!

@GPGSL, just curious re the 1 lap qual - is it just a random order of the drivers going out? Or is there a pre-determined setting to say who goes out to qual when...? Just curious....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Zsigmond Somogyi Press Release:
This was a good lap, and the car is getting better and better. I want to fight for points tomorrow.
oensan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Owen Edwards @oensan 4h
> Great first quali of the season for me, shame
> @nhorry isn't up there as well.

I was just too cautious...
shep34 Wrote:
> Wow!!! Great runs for the two Demon drivers! Well
> done lads - an extra soft drink for you both at
> dinner tonight!!!
>
> @GPGSL, just curious re the 1 lap qual - is it
> just a random order of the drivers going out? Or
> is there a pre-determined setting to say who goes
> out to qual when...? Just curious....

Glen, every qualifying session's driver order is pre-determind by the qualrule.ini file in the mod. This file was generated randomly by an excel file I wrote.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
14th....not what i had hoped for. :(
Maverick shocked after first qualifying of the season

After the qualifying was over, the whole AMR crew, including John Maverick and probably also Ed Greenhalgh and team owner Stuart Ingers seemed to be totally shocked. Maverick was the first to come and answer the reporters' questions after having recovered from the first shock. Here's a summary.

"I honestly don't know what to say about this qualifying. We knew that the one shot qualifying would mix up things. But...that we didn't expect! To have both cars in the last row is something very new for a team that is used to have such big success. I have to apologize to the team for my big mistake in the first sector. The sector times in the other two sectors showed that the pole would have been possible and even likely, since I was both times faster than Gilson, if I hadn't had this big mistake in the first sector. Mostly it was my own mistake. I overpushed, since I'm not used yet to one-shot qualifyings. But that is valid for most drivers in the grid and hence no good excuse. The change from the ZG-01 to the ZG-02 carshape also made the weekend problematic for us. One car suffered speed for the whole weekend, especially in qualifying, and this time it was Ed, who by far couldn't push to the extreme and also had some minor mistakes in his lap. We will have to cope with this situation very quickly. Now we need to forget this qualifying and concentrate on the race tomorrow. Our race pace was good. Hopefully Ed and me can race through the grid together and catch some valuable points.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Well I was rubbish. never liked that 1 lap format :(

Edit: Could someone possibly make me a new race driver bar thingy please :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2012 03:28PM by JohnWarrington.
Another 6th place at Melbourne with qualifying, not bad.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Wow, that's a very mixed up starting grid. I'm happy with 8th place, if I can stay out of trouble in turn1, a good result should be possible.

Could someone please make me a new signature bar, too? :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2012 04:04PM by kedy89.
If people want sig bars, I can have a go at some on Tuesday...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
SchueyFan Schreef:
> Should be interesting!

You're once again at the end of it... ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Oh no :O

First things first, we had a great testing veent with a welld eserved victory for Matteo Scala (Fantastic job mate). And a strong drive from 22nd to 12th, with a little luck i must admit. There was only one problem for me in the race when Mister Eric Moinet didnt leave me enough room. I didnt want to go on the grass to get an bigger accident so i had to punthim off :p

The Feauture qualy was rubbish for us, but we have showed that the car is capable of better times and we have two top drivers. We are certain our race set-up is better and are certain of some good points !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico écrivait:
> Oh no :O
>
> [...] There was only one problem for me in the race when
> Mister Eric Moinet didnt leave me enough room. I
> didnt want to go on the grass to get an bigger
> accident so i had to punt him off :p
>

I completely disagree ! I let you enough place. What are you thinking you're driving ? A truck ?? :-o

EricMoinet Schreef:
> Rico écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh no :O
> >
> > [...] There was only one problem for me in the
> race when
> > Mister Eric Moinet didnt leave me enough room.
> I
> > didnt want to go on the grass to get an bigger
> > accident so i had to punt him off :p
> >
>
> I completely disagree ! I let you enough place.
> What are you thinking you're driving ? A truck ??
> :-o

I was nearly on the white line with my right tyre ! Only millimeters away from a crash !Couldnt risk it ! I came from too far to F*ck it up in the closing stages of the race !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> EricMoinet Schreef:
> -----
> > Rico écrivait:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oh no :O
> > >
> > > [...] There was only one problem for me in
> the
> > race when
> > > Mister Eric Moinet didnt leave me enough
> room.
> > I
> > > didnt want to go on the grass to get an
> bigger
> > > accident so i had to punt him off :p
> > >
> >
> > I completely disagree ! I let you enough place.
> > What are you thinking you're driving ? A truck
> ??
> > :-o
>
>
> I was nearly on the white line with my right tyre
> ! Only millimeters away from a crash !Couldnt risk
> it ! I came from too far to F*ck it up in the
> closing stages of the race !

I see what you did there ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Very happy to see both TSMs int he top ten.

Loving the new quali format!!

That is one messed up looking grid!

LOVE IT! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy