F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Bandon23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you starting another series, GP2 Manager 2005?
> So i can put iSport International team for myself
> to became a manager.

Possibly, depends on how much interest there is.

If we can get enough managers for it I run it using the 2007 teams with a variety of drivers from different series to choose from.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

GP2 please :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
I would like to participate as well :-)
Glad to announce that all 11 F1 Managers are returning to their positions, so we must be doing something right ;)

The managers who still needed drivers have also been given the info they need to fill their teams, once I get bids in from everyone we can get things rolling :)

On the GP2 side of things I have Bandon23, smoglessbutton, giomich and myself up for manager slots at the moment.

I'll also get in touch with those on the F1 waiting list to see if they'd be interested but as it stands the GP2 series will go ahead albeit with slightly different rules to the F1 series which will be announced closer to the starting date.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I'm fine with results screens only, or maybe a mix depending on how much time you have for it. Cause we shouldn't progress too quickly either, otherwise we'll have caught up F1 in 1-2 years and have to start a future series ;)

The upgrade option instead of sessions is okay, it would only have been nice to know this earlier since I guess some managers, including me, made decisions in foresight of the test sessions. But hey, it's only a game after all and if it helps keeping the series running, I won't complain.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> I'm fine with results screens only, or maybe a mix
> depending on how much time you have for it. Cause
> we shouldn't progress too quickly either,
> otherwise we'll have caught up F1 in 1-2 years and
> have to start a future series ;)
>
> The upgrade option instead of sessions is okay, it
> would only have been nice to know this earlier
> since I guess some managers, including me, made
> decisions in foresight of the test sessions. But
> hey, it's only a game after all and if it helps
> keeping the series running, I won't complain.

Yeah apologies for dropping that nugget of info on you guys so late, but it was very much a last minute decision.

At the moment I'm looking at doing a race per week which, if we assume that we can switch between season within a one week time which won't happen anyway, we should be good until about 2016/2017 so I think we'll be fine for now ;)

I'm also interested

Thanks to those managers who have got their bids in, just waiting on Ferrari now to choose some drivers :)

For GP2 I've contacted those on the waiting list for the F1 series so they'll have priority for joining, inaddition they won't lose their slot on the waiting list should they choose to take part. That leaves us with a minimum of two remaining slots in the GP2 Series (Y)

1 - Bandon23
2 - smoglessbutton4
3 - giomich
4 - natasp
5 - Twigster151
6 - Pedersen
7 - Ferrari2007
8 - Knacki012
9 - xSilvermanx

10 -
11 -

If we can get everything sorted with the next day or so we could realistically get things rolling as early as next week! (Y)

Nice (Y)

Liveries are far more progressed than I had remembered, only need to put the driver names on them.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> Nice (Y)
>
> Liveries are far more progressed than I had
> remembered, only need to put the driver names on
> them.

Same here ;)

Was fearful I'd have loads to do but it seems I only need a helmet here and there.

However I have also just realised I still need a brake supplier from Ferrari, Toyota and Williams, so the quicker I can get them the better :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2014 12:26AM by Twigster151.
Twigster151 Schreef:
> just waiting on Ferrari now to choose some
> drivers :)

Yeah I know ;) ;) Just answered :)

For brakes; brembo!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Driver News

Schumacher Jumps Ship to Ferrari, Trulli staying put

Word on the grapevine is that current Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher, who of course spent the final four races of the 2006 season playing second fiddle to Jarno Trulli, has left the Japanese outfit with immediate effect. Despite apparently receiving an offer from Toyota to extend his current contract for another year, the two £15 million offer from Ferrari to race alongside Felipe Massa was evidently too attractive for the German to turn down. In contrast Jarno Trulli, who managed to match Schumacher's season total worth of points in just four races for Toyota, is retained by the team for another year for £6 million. However Schumacher's departure still leaves Toyota with one driver still to hire.

Fisichella Joins Williams

Whilst 'The other Schumacher' is making his way to Maranello, the Italian part of the current lineup is making his way to Williams for a reported fee of £10 million. The Italian, who has spent the last season as Ferrari's test driver, is making his return from racing for the first time since 2005 when he finished 16th in the drivers championship for BAR.

Wurz Returning to Formula One

Today also saw the announcement that the popular Austrian Alexander Wurz is returning to Formula One after on year on the sidelines. Wurz, who was of course dropped by Red Bull at the of the 2005 season to allow Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel to join the team, will return as Ferrari's dedicated Friday tester, replacing the Williams bound Giancarlo Fisichella. The deal is said to be worth £7.5 million and will see Wurz in Ferrari colours at least until the end of 2008.

Bas Staying Loyal

Long time BAR/Honda man Bas Leinders today announced, to little surprise, that he will be staying with Honda for another year. Leinders, who started his relationship with Honda as their test driver in 2004 and 2005 before taking a race seat last season, will return to testing in 2007 in favour of Lewis Hamilton after enduring a difficult 2006 campaign.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 10:34PM by F1_Manager.
Twigster151 Wrote:
> Thanks to those managers who have got their bids
> in, just waiting on Ferrari now to choose some
> drivers :)
>
> For GP2 I've contacted those on the waiting list
> for the F1 series so they'll have priority for
> joining, inaddition they won't lose their slot on
> the waiting list should they choose to take part.
> That leaves us with a minimum of two remaining
> slots in the GP2 Series (Y)
>
> 1 - Bandon23
> 2 - smoglessbutton4
> 3 - giomich
> 4 - natasp
> 5 - Twigster151
> 6 - Pedersen
> 7 - Ferrari2007
> 8 - Knacki012
> 9 - xSilvermanx
> 10 -
> 11 -
>
> If we can get everything sorted with the next day
> or so we could realistically get things rolling as
> early as next week! (Y)

How will it be decided who gets which team? ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> Twigster151 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks to those managers who have got their
> bids
> > in, just waiting on Ferrari now to choose some
> > drivers :)
> >
> > For GP2 I've contacted those on the waiting
> list
> > for the F1 series so they'll have priority for
> > joining, inaddition they won't lose their slot
> on
> > the waiting list should they choose to take
> part.
> > That leaves us with a minimum of two remaining
> > slots in the GP2 Series (Y)
> >
> > 1 - Bandon23
> > 2 - smoglessbutton4
> > 3 - giomich
> > 4 - natasp
> > 5 - Twigster151
> > 6 - Pedersen
> > 7 - Ferrari2007
> > 8 - Knacki012
> > 9 - xSilvermanx
> > 10 -
> > 11 -
> >
> > If we can get everything sorted with the next
> day
> > or so we could realistically get things rolling
> as
> > early as next week! (Y)
>
>
> How will it be decided who gets which team? ;)

I'll probably do it the same way Chris originally did it for the F1 series, I'll let random.org decide ;)

Seems like it'll be the easiest/fairest way to do it plus you can always switch with on another if you want.

I´m definatly in :)
I only need to know who'll be Toro Rosso's race drivers now to finish my part of the liveries.

@Jack: did you update all the helmets, or only those of the drivers of the 5 teams you did? Just asking as I haven't done any.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry. Was going to wait till after testing, but as that has gone, I'll go with Rubens barrichello and Franck montagny.

Thanks
kedy89 Wrote:
> I only need to know who'll be Toro Rosso's race
> drivers now to finish my part of the liveries.
>
> @Jack: did you update all the helmets, or only
> those of the drivers of the 5 teams you did? Just
> asking as I haven't done any.

Unfortunately I've only done the helmets for my half Tobi :/

Red Bull press release

"After a very tough last season, we are confident that we can catch up more consistently to the top teams again. It would be too much to expect us at the top of the table this season, but our minimum aim has to be consistent points. We invested much into a new engine supplier and breaking system and yet spent our budget very wisely to have enough budget left for updates over the season. This all should give the whole team big motivation and we can't await the start of the new season to prove that we're worth it this season. Thank you."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Driver News

Liuzzi Makes Step Up

After having missed out on re-signing Ralf Schumacher for another season Toyota have turned to rising Italian star Vitantonio Liuzzi to fill the void left by the German's departure. The deal, said to be worth £5m will give the Italian a year as test driver at the Japanese outfit who narrowly missed out on beating their season record for points in the 2006 season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The signing of Liuzzi now means that all teams have the required number of drivers for 2007!

Therefore the 2007 thread will be going up very shortly so keep an eye out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy