F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Toro Rosso
Not a disaster of a race, but considering the early chaos and some of the reliability issues I think we could have done better today. Unfortunately our rivals had a good race and we've lost ground in both championships. All our effort now goes towards the next race where we hope to regain the initiative.
Toyota

A near perfect race for us at Toyota,on one hand gutted for Ralf to retire when running well but for Cristiano,a great start,good strategy and a measured controlled drive from him gave us an excellent win,Delighted to get another win for the team!!

Also raises us in the constructors championship to 4th..Awesome weekend!!
Midland

Extremely happy with the result. We've waited a long time for a change in fortune, and now it's come. Great job by both drivers.
Negotiations News

Schumacher defects to Renault!

One of the biggest moves for 2007 has now been confirmed; Michael Schumacher will jump ship to Renault next year. The highly successful German has spent the last two seasons at Williams, however he's decided to sign a one-year deal with the Enstone-based outfit, reportedly worth around £16m. Williams also made moves to retain their driver, but Schumacher decided upon a new challenge.

In other news, Brembo increase their supply portfolio for 2007 with Honda and Midland signing deals with the Italian company.

Updated Budgets

Drivers available to sign at end of Round 13

Drivers signed for 2007 in this window
Honda

The manager is suffering from post-race depression and refuses to give a comment about the race.

-20 minutes later-

The manager has finally overcome the depression. In an interview he said:

Well, this reminds me of the first GPs when our drivers would crash in the pit lane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2013 11:57PM by ricktworick1.
Super Aguri

Again stunned, from 22nd on the grid to a 8th place from a rookie. Hope this performance in the race is our pace for next few races too.
Renault F1 Team
Great performance from Alonso grabbing 5th. We're investigating the cause of Button's spins.

As for next season, with the recent announcement of Michael Schumacher signing with us next season we will now announce our driver line-up.

Driver 1: Michael Schumacher
Driver 2: Fernando Alonso
Test Driver: Jenson Button

We hope that the Schumacher/Alonso line up will bring us a highly successful year in 2007.
BMW

Great result, even though Montoya had to retire. We have a good fight on our hands about that third place on the constructors championship
McLaren

Kimi was once again let down by the car, and Robert was struggling to get up to speed ever since the qualifying started. The only good thing about this race is that our immediate rivals didn't score any points either.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Williams F1

"Not a good race for us, we just have to give up for this season and work for 2007"

My GPGSL Career
Red Bull

A good race for Nico. We're glad that he could bring home some important points. For Marc it was very unfortunate that he got into this trouble. Otherwise a double points finish might have been possible. But we're on a good way so far.

On another note we expect Renault to be really strong next season with this driver lineup. Schumacher and Alonso might be two of the best drivers of the time, so they should do really well.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ferrari

A very bad result for the team, despite two cars finishing no points ... it's unacceptable!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Da Matta Tops Hungarian Free Practice

With the German Grand Prix now behind us the teams were back into action at the Hungaroring for Free Practice ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix. In a slight turn up for the books however, it was Cristiano Da Matta who topped the session in his Toyota, three tenths clear of Davidson in second. Further down the field, Gary Paffett followed up with his successful debut in Germany with the fourth best time of the session, both Williams made it into the top eight whilst both Verstappen and Kubica struggled to get to grips with the track with the pair ending the session in 18th and 19th.

Red Bull disappointed of the F(IA)

"We are happy with Marc's performance, and grabbing third. Nico was behind our expectations. However, despite Marc's performance we are unhappy that Sebastian wasn't allowed to start here in the practice. We had figured out a massive test program for him which had to be canceled because of the strange decision that was made here. We still haven't heard a reason, so far, why Sebastian wasn't allowed to drive. This added to the driver confusion at the Jerez test, convinces us that we'll have to have a word with the F(IA)."

((I announced a while back that Vettel and Rosberg would be driving the practice sessions, and I think also the Jerez test. After the test I didn't complain, yet, only mentioned it in my post-test report. But Vettel was degraded to test driver to gain some experience during these tests. And since he won't participate in the race, this means another session where he couldn't gain any experience. So please correct this for the next race, thank you))

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Super Aguri

Good session from Paffett, I hope Glock can find a better setting for the qualification.
Toro Rosso
Very positive session for us. Both drivers solidly in the top 10, and some excellent setup work performed.
Looking forward to a good weekend.
Williams F1

"Good session for us,looking forward to qualify"

My GPGSL Career
McLaren

Just where the hell did our pace go? The updates we brought to this GP don't work at all, hopefully we'll be able to fix this until the qualifying.

Also, if anyone has seen our Testdriver Ryan Briscoe, please send him back to us. He should've taken part in the Free Practice instead of Kimi, but he was nowhere to be found.

Some mods
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Red Bull disappointed of the F(IA)
>
> "We are happy with Marc's performance, and
> grabbing third. Nico was behind our expectations.
> However, despite Marc's performance we are unhappy
> that Sebastian wasn't allowed to start here in the
> practice. We had figured out a massive test
> program for him which had to be canceled because
> of the strange decision that was made here. We
> still haven't heard a reason, so far, why
> Sebastian wasn't allowed to drive. This added to
> the driver confusion at the Jerez test, convinces
> us that we'll have to have a word with the
> F(IA)."
>
> ((I announced a while back that Vettel and Rosberg
> would be driving the practice sessions, and I
> think also the Jerez test. After the test I didn't
> complain, yet, only mentioned it in my post-test
> report. But Vettel was degraded to test driver to
> gain some experience during these tests. And since
> he won't participate in the race, this means
> another session where he couldn't gain any
> experience. So please correct this for the next
> race, thank you))

kedy89 Wrote
-------------------------------------------------------
> McLaren
>
> Just where the hell did our pace go? The updates
> we brought to this GP don't work at all, hopefully
> we'll be able to fix this until the qualifying.
>
> Also, if anyone has seen our Testdriver Ryan
> Briscoe, please send him back to us. He should've
> taken part in the Free Practice instead of Kimi,
> but he was nowhere to be found.

Apologies for the errors guys, made the rookie error of updating a pre-Hockenheim perf file and completely forgot the driver changes. Needless to say I've already updated the perfs accordingly for Istanbul and added perf points for taking part in FP to your preferred drivers. Although for what it's worth John I do have it in writing that you wanted Webber and Vettel to test in Jerez.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

No worries mate, just make sure to buy some booze for Kimi, he wasn't very enthused about having less free time ;)

Some mods
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy