GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
(Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
That's terrific news!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
GPG Nations Cup Rd 13 Brazilian GP - Race Day

Part 3

Welcome back to the coverage. So sorry for the delays. I seriously did not expect my computer to play up when it did.

Silva looking for a chance to pass Alvarez into turn 1.

But couldn't quite make it, and stays behind the Spain car.

Onboard with Girard, and there is quite a huge distance between the Frenchman and the car ahead. Meanwhile, the clouds continue to get darker by the minute.

The rain has starting falling over the track, as spray is coming out from behind the cars, as seen here with the Monaco car.

But it appears that rain is only falling around the main straight and turns 1 and 2, as there is no sign of rain down the straight.

Vukcevic fancies a chance at passing Copeman.

But isn't close enough yet to attempt a passing move.

Silva having another attempt at getting past the Spain car.

And this time manages to get past the Spanish driver.

Vukcevic is at it again. He looks up the inside of Copeman.

And gets the position.

But the efforts all go to waste, as Vukcevic runs wide and off the track. Will he keep it out of the wall?

Apparently not. Vukcevic hits the wall, and that is game over for Montenegro.

Back to the front as we go onboard with Girard. The difference between 1st and 2nd is 2.2s.

We ride with Monaco, and it appears that another section of track is now wet enough to have spray coming out from behind the cars. How much longer until it gets wet enough to force all of the cars onto inters, or wets?

San Marino sits at the rear of the field.

Cauncaunibuca currently sits in 3rd place with half of the race distance completed.

Sarosa in the Philippines car is currently running inside the top 10. The whole team should be quite happy with the way this race is currently going for their driver.

Tung playing catchup in the China car after the earlier incident which forced him into the pits for repairs.

We have a car off at turn 1, and it is Vilela in the Brazil car. How did it happen?

It appears that Vilela got crossed up going into the corner.

As a result, he puts a wheel into the grass.

And with no grip, the car spins out into the outfield.

Vilela rejoins, and now sits in 19th place. The miserable weekend continues for the Brazilian team in their home race.

Here are the current standings as of lap 27.

Not much in it as Monaco and France continue to fight it out for the lead.

Onboard with Cremasco in the Mexico car, who currently sits in 8th place. And it appears that the track surface has gotten a lot wetter. Surely now would be a good time to come in and change to inters or wets?

A few drivers sure seem to think so. San Marino are the first team in.

Along with France, Fiji, Great Britain and Spain.

Mexico, Portugal, Philippines and Bulgaria also pits.

Even more teams take to the pits.

Italy also take their stop, but were forced in to fix a loose wheel. So their stop will be a bit of a long one.

Canada, Ireland, Netherlands and USA take their stop.

Brazil take their stop as well.

France still retain their position behind Monaco after the stop.

Germany decides to finally pit.

And China are the last team in for their stop.

Final break of the coverage. Hopefully no more problems will come up and this coverage can finally have a conclusion.

GPG Nations Cup Rd 13 Brazilian GP - Race Day

Part 4

Welcome back to the final part of the coverage.

We come back from the break to see Girard have a crack at Grimaldi for the race lead.

But he couldn’t get close enough to pass, so Girard stays behind the Monaco car.

This battle is not over yet, as the split is only 0.2 seconds.

Paddock still holds onto 3rd, but has quite a lot of ground to make up should he want to battle for the top 2 places.

It’s on again between Girard and Grimaldi. The Frenchman looks to the inside…

But can’t quite make it as the Monaco driver holds his position.

Saraso having a go at passing Cremasco.

And the Philippines driver makes the pass a success.

Netherlands and China head on by past the pitlane, but in the background a car looks to have taken a massive hit.

And it’s McGregor in the Australia car. He was on the way in to the pits, and something bizarre has taken place. What has happened to the Australian?

The replay shows that McGregor was heading into pitlane, due to a problem with his brakes.

And in the process, he was hit from behind by another car. This caused McGregor to move offline and into the other wall.

And it seems that Austin in the USA car was the one who hit the Australian.

The hit broke part of the front wing, and Austin goes straight into pitlane to get it fixed.

McGregor gets going again, and has dropped to stone last and is now in danger of going a lap down. He now must do an entire lap to get back to the pits to get not only his brakes fixed, but also his front wing fixed.

McGregor moves out of the way as Girard and Grilmaldi go by, and we now have a new race leader.

Girard now leads the Brazilian GP.

Austin gets lapped by Silva.

Paddock now stuck behind the Australia car.

McGregor does the right thing and allows the Great Britain car to pass.

Current standings on lap 32.

Not again! McGregor has been hit from behind once again.

Leaving the Australian stranded with even more damage to the car.

And Kederer in the Germany car is in the pits. It would appear that the German drilled the rear of the Australia car, causing damage to the car. This will hurt Germany in the championship, no doubt about it.

Onboard with McGregor, and he has got the car facing the right way. But what is the Australian going to do now?

It appears that McGregor has chosen to reverse the car back. Smart move? Or plain stupidity?

Looks like stupidity to me. As McGregor reverses, Tafuro in the Italy car comes so close to hitting the Australia car.

McGregor is finally clear of the racing line, but reversing all that way would be seen as reckless and dangerous.

He gets the car moving again, but only succeeds in putting the car in the wall.

This finally puts the Australian out of the race.

Back to the front, and Girard has a comfortable 3 second lead.

Here are the standings again after Australia’s retirement, showing the current pitstops made.

It appears that the rain is now clearly visible. This is going to make for a very interesting finish to this race.

Silva in the Portugal car holding down a podium position.

Sarosa is in the pits from 10th place.

Tung has a look up the inside of De Boer for a pass attempt.

But the Netherlands driver manages to hold off the China car.

Copeman in the Canada car hasn’t been seen much throughout the race. Here he is in 13th, currently ahead of De Boer and Tung.

De Boer takes to the pits for a stop.

Tafuro takes to the pits as well.

Uh-oh. Domenech has ran wide and off the track. Can he keep it out of the wall?

Unfortunately, the answer is no as Domenech hits the wall and loses a wheel. This puts Argentina out of the race.

Nikolov now up to 8th, as a result of Argentina’s retirement.

Onboard with Alvarez as he looks to lap Austin in the USA car.

Another problem for Tung. He goes wide and off the track.

And manages to rejoin safely this time.

Copeman enters pitlane for a stop.

Race leader Girard is entering the pits. This gives the lead back to Grimaldi.

Current standings on lap 40.

Vilela back up to 15th, but the race has still been a bad one for the Brazilian.

More bad luck for Brazil as they go down a lap.

Onboard with Taytoh, and Tafuro is closing in on the Ireland car.

Tafuro looks up the inside.

Girard has managed to make a move on Cauncaunibuca and now sits in 5th.

Paddock laps De Boer heading onto the main straight.

But the Netherlands driver won’t allow that to happen so easily as he looks to get back in front.

Which he does, but now will have the blue flags to worry about.

Only 3 laps remaining.

Girard closing in on Alvarez, and will probably have a crack at passing.

Which he does, and makes the move stick. Girard now up to 4th.

2 Laps remaining.

De Boer looks to be in trouble. He has Paddock and Girard on his back, who are fighting for the final podium position. What is going to happen here?

Grimaldi laps another car, and this time it is Taytoh in the Ireland car.

We are on the final lap, and 1st and 2nd are basically locked in. But the battle for 3rd is not done yet. Girard goes to the inside of Paddock.

And makes the move stick. Girard now up to 3rd.

Graham-Ayrton Grimaldi and Team Monaco wins the Brazilian GP.

Paulo Silva and Team Portugal finish 2nd.

And after a fantasic fightback after taking the late stop, Jean Girard and Team France finish 3rd.

Congratulations once again to Team Monaco, and Graham-Ayrton Grimaldi. They did a superb job out in the tricky conditions, and they deserve this victory.I hope everyone enjoys seeing this coverage, and we'll see you at the next round. Goodbye.

GPG Nations Cup Rd 13 Brazilian GP - Official Results

Race Results

Fastest Laps

Very nice coverage courtesy of Greg.

But I must say in very disappointed to have lose third on the final lap due to the driving of the Team Netherlands car.

Blue flags are blue flags. I hope the stewards investigate the incident after the race.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Team China

11th place. That's a good result, considering everything that has happened. Good wet weather experience gained for not only our driver, but for the team as well should hopefully come in handy for when it is a wet session in future races. We'll see everyone at the next race.

In regards to the problems I have had with my computer, I won't be able to run another race for quite sometime. Hopefully I can get a new computer in the next few months, and when I do I hopefully will be able to run races again. Until then, other people will need to help out.

That ridiculous incident with the Australian car cost me some important points today. Luckily the conditions got worse and the other drivers also had to pit again, otherwise it would have been even worse.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Finally a good result for the Portuguese team. It seems we do nicely in wet conditions. :)

-----------------------------------------------------

What?? We came well, but lately the Bridgestone wet aren't coming good, I think I'll have to change to Michelin next season... I'll have to think well first...

Great coverage Greg! (Y)

Team France

Great drive from Jean Girard today, but.... we threw away a win with that late pitstop - because of a little bit of rain? Harden up Mr Girard - it is ONLY water, no one else seemed to stop....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Brilliant drive from Graham-Ayrton Grimaldi (Y)

That was tricky on the rain but the strategy was good to stay on track without pitting once again.
Many thanks to Michelin for their tyres and the France team for their last pit stop ;-)

Maximum boost and only 8th, really disappointed

and when did Germany passed by us? only saw this in the final standings

Hmm, we spent a lot of boost points and managed only 9th. But most of those ahead spent even more, so no tragedy for Bulgaria.
natasp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maximum boost and only 8th, really disappointed
>
> and when did Germany passed by us? only saw this
> in the final standings

Not sure. I must have missed the pass. The pass took place around lap 42 to 45 from what the screens show. And with a 6 second gap at the end, that means only one of two things. Either Germany got by cleanly and had better pace to get ahead and increase the gap, or Cremasco ran wide and got passed by Germany and lost time in the process.

That was about as bad as it could possibly get. A full batch of boost just thrown down the pan by Vukcevic, some long hard looks are going to be taken as the season comes to a close and performances like that definitely don't help.

Fantastic job with the coverage Greg, for a moment I was worried I would have to step and and decide the result so I'm glad you got everything recovered :). A pity about some of the awful displays of driving out there from certain drivers! As its not within the rulebook to allocate penalties for such incidents nothing will become of them but certainly the rules will be look at in that regard. McGregor has been issued with a huge fine and a severe reprimand over what can only be described as an utterly thoughtless and reckless decision to reverse across the track.

The tables and boost deadline will be posted this evening!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I had a good laugh with that bizarre incident involving Team Australia lol.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great job from Michelin on the tyres, but with no boost we weren't able to take advantage of ...er ...anything today. Should be back on from for the next event, though! :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy