GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
(N)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
GPG Nations Cup Rd 13 Brazilian GP - Race Day

Part 2

We come back to the coverage in time to see Kederer in the Germany car taking a chance at passing Alvarez in the Spain car. Alvarez defends...

But is unable to hold Kederer back, and the Spanish driver drops back a position.

Here is an interesting battle going on between Silva and Vukcevic. Only 0.3s difference between the two as they head onto the main straight.

But the battle may not go ahead, as Nikolov in the Bulgaria car looks to have a crack at attempting a pass on Vukcevic.

Nikolov couldn't get close enough, and Vukcevic has lost a bit of ground to Silva.

But Nikolov isn't one to give up, and takes his chance to attempt another pass.

Which works out this time. Nikolov moves up a position, and leaves Vukcevic in the clutches of the Philippines car.

Even then, the problems have only just started. Vukcevic has missed the apex, and that means trouble.

As a result, Vukcevic goes off the track and ends up spinning the car.

Vukcevic manages to get going again, but has lost a bunch of places, and will need to work hard to try and regain those positions back.

Onboard with Team Fiji, as they take the fastest lap back.

But not for long as Germany retakes the fastest lap.

Not much in it for the top 3 drivers.

Onboard now with Girard, and Cauncaunibuca goes up the inside to move up a position.

Paddock has decided to take a chance at passing Girard down the main straight. They go side by side...

This is as close as Paddock will want to get to Girard without making contact. Meanwhile, Cauncaunibuca takes to the pits as the first pitstop window now opens.

Paddock decides to not risk a major accident and slots in behind the Frenchman. Behind them, Cremasco takes to the pits for his stop.

Nikolov in the Bulgaria car also takes his stop.

Paulo Tafuro in the Italy car heads through the first corner, as Fiji exits the pitlane.

Cauncaunibuca rejoins in 17th place.

Paddock again goes for a pass on Girard.

But isn't quite close enough yet.

Back in the pack, Taytoh has a small lockup. Which is enough to allow De Boer through for the pass.

More pitstop action.

Paddock has finally gotten past Girard.

Cauncaunibuca gets past the Ireland car.

Sarosa defends from Nikolov, with Tung lurking behind.

Girard retakes 2nd place as Paddock takes his stop.

Domenech takes his stop as well.

As does Vilela in the Brazil car.

As De Boer takes his stop, Cremasco is passed by Kederer.

Austin in the USA car also takes to the pits for his stop.

Paddock rejoins the track behind Cauncaunibuca in 9th.

Alvarez currently sits in 3rd place, but will most likely have to take his stop very soon.

And it appears soon couldn't come any sooner, as Alvarez takes to the pits.

And rejoins in 9th behind Cauncaunibuca and Paddock, and in front of Kederer. A nice gain indeed for the Spanish driver.

De Boer has a look up the inside of Taytoh for a pass attempt.

But the Irishman manages to hold the Netherlands driver behind him.

Silva takes to the pits for his stop from 3rd place.

McGregor in the Australia car having a good run at the current moment, sitting in 3rd place with a pitstop still to come.

Onboard with Kederer, as he closes in on the Portugal car.

Vilela in the Brazil car has not been having a good weekend. They currently sit in 18th place, 6 seconds behind San Marino, and 6 seconds ahead of Ireland.

Girard pits from 2nd place, and we can see that rain is starting to fall onto the circuit.

McGregor pits as well to take his stop.

There's been an incident involving Tung in the China car, as the China car is missing most of it's rear wing. What could possibly have happened?

From what the replay shows, Tung locked up and ended up running wide.

And rejoins the track, right in front of Silvestre.

Leaving the San Marino driver nowhere to go but right into the back of the China car. As a result, both drivers will need to return to the pits to repair the damage. And this could also hurt San Marino in the championship.

Back to the front, as Girard rejoins the track in 3rd place, ahead of both Cauncaunibuca and Paddock.

While San Marino and China both manage to make it back to the pits for repairs.

McGregor rejoins in 13th place after taking his pitstop.

Canada and Montenegro both rejoin the track after their respective stops, with Copeman rejoining in 15th.

Race leader is finally in for his stop.

While China and San Marino rejoins the track at the back of the field.

Grimaldi rejoins the track, and has managed to retain the lead. What a fantastic opening stint for the Monaco driver.

17 laps completed, and here is how the standings look.

Time for another break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2013 05:40AM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Team China

Not a good start for us. I knew it would be a tough start for Cheng, but I wasn't expecting him to lose places.

And apologies to San Marino, who were a innocent bystander in the incident. I just hope it hasn't done too much damage to your championship hopes. Those sort of things can happen to anyone.

All I can hope for is the rain to come down and help our driver get back through the field. It's not going to be easy, but I have full confidence in our driver.

More???

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More???

I was going to get part 3 up, but my computer decided to start playing up on me. It just restarts on me everytime it gets to the windows xp screen. So unless I find a way to get it fixed, I won't be able to get the screens organised so I can upload them. And if it takes me far too long to try and sort out, then I may need someone else to run the race from the beginning, making the progress I have done null and void. Only thing that needs to stay the same if this ends up happening is the starting grid, which can be set with a grid edit program.

Well...still running & not lost any positions since the start. Positive so far. Hope you're computer plays ball soon, Mullet, as I'm enjoying you're coverage.

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
It is probably a registry failure. You need an install CD and try to do a CHKDSK /R in a DOS console.

Declare the race red flagged and award half points if it is an issue that can't be overcome.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> Declare the race red flagged and award half points
> if it is an issue that can't be overcome.

Either this, or if there's any chance to get at least the result screen, post it without the remaining coverage.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Declare the race red flagged and award half
> points
> > if it is an issue that can't be overcome.
>
>
> Either this, or if there's any chance to get at
> least the result screen, post it without the
> remaining coverage.

That's the problem. I have no access to the screens as long as my computer fails to get past the login part.

Should the race be red flagged, then the positions taken at the start of lap 18 in the coverage would be the finishing places?

Hm, as we don't necessarily need the results for the perfs for the next round, it'd also be possible to put the race on hold in the hope that you can fix the problem and can put up the whole coverage. Not sure though if this is better than a red flag...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Given the initial impatience of the RD to host this round, and now the problems, i would suggest if the rest of the pics/results cant be posted by the end of the weekend, the race should be declared OVER and results from those lap 18 screenshots be used.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Mullet345 escribió:
> kedy89 Wrote:
> -----
> > Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Declare the race red flagged and award half
> > points
> > > if it is an issue that can't be overcome.
> >
> >
> > Either this, or if there's any chance to get at
> > least the result screen, post it without the
> > remaining coverage.
>
> That's the problem. I have no access to the
> screens as long as my computer fails to get past
> the login part.
>
> Should the race be red flagged, then the positions
> taken at the start of lap 18 in the coverage would
> be the finishing places?

And if you enter to the safe mode before loading the Windows XP??
Perhaps you manage to restore the system in this way...

@RenaultRS10, safe mode doesn't work either. It just has the same problem.

And if you put the XP installation CD and then you enter the BIOS (depends on PC the key, on mine is F2 just when you start the machine) and you put the computer to do boot to CD??

I don't know if understand what I mean...

Ferrari2007 écrivait:
> Declare the race red flagged and award half points
> if it is an issue that can't be overcome.

Erm... I wouldn't like to have my firt win with a red flag ;-) I would prefer lose it than win it like that.

Greg, if you can't do what I said previously, try to grab a Linux LiveCD and restart your computer with it. you will have access to all your directories and to the internet as well. Thus you can finish the coverage normally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2013 10:57AM by EricMoinet.
EricMoinet Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 écrivait:
> -----
> > Declare the race red flagged and award half
> points
> > if it is an issue that can't be overcome.
>
> Erm... I wouldn't like to have my firt win with a
> red flag ;-) I would prefer lose it than win it
> like that.
>
> Greg, if you can't do what I said previously, try
> to grab a Linux LiveCD and restart your computer
> with it. you will have access to all your
> directories and to the internet as well. Thus you
> can finish the coverage normally.

Was going to say this. If your bios allows USB boot you could try a light distro like DamnSmallLinux or Puppy Linux, given that you have access to another PC to make a bootable USB.

I've downloaded Puppy Linux to my USB drive, so hopefully it'll allow me to get into my computer so I can get the screens. I'll let everyone know if I am successful or not.

Alright. Managed to get the screens copied to a usb drive, so I should hopefully be able to get part 3 up tomorrow. The race will continue on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy