> 'faceless corporate entities'
>
> we demand that immediately after a race, game of
> football, round of golf etc that right at the
> point when the persons just suffered a bad defeat,
> they're angry and adrenalin'a still pumping that a
> journalist must shove a microphone in their face
> and then then barrage them with loaded questions
> with the single aim of getting a rise out them.
>
> then when when the person being interviewed does
> react in the way we all want, everyone flies of
> the wall about it.
>
> he made a joke. and though not a very good joke, i
> doubt the tabloids will care one bit.

I see your point but he talked like a 12 year-old girl bitching about her father not letting her go to the Beyonce concert, not like a frustrated adrenalin-pumped man.
This is in itself hilarious let alone the rubbish he was saying.
Re: Monaco GP *spoilers*
Date: May 30, 2011 01:10PM
Posted by: marcl
Was one of the better Monaco races lots of action and racing.

Mclaren should write a book, how to mess up a race weekend of both your drivers :)

Lewis drove like a prat in the race going for gaps that just were not there and his comments at the end of the race well that took it to a new low. Tbh I sort of feel he needs a race ban for bringing the sport into disripute, that was no joke and it only became a joke once he had calmed down. When will the FIA leant there is no point giving people a penalty if it does not change anything.

The changing tyres at a red flag must be a new thing as it used to be only change to wets etc or if you could show you had damage.

Lots of penalties today both Paul and Lewis deserved theirs but I also thing Massa and ALG should have got one for hitting other cars. Kobi also hit Sutil and gained a place yet no penalty so they are not being totally equal when dishing them out. I suppose though you could say Massa just pulled away better and hit Nico but that could have caused a flat tyre and Alonso got a penalty for that in Sepang.

Anyway good race spoilt by the red flag and tyre change.

Vettel should have this won by Hungry if not before due to different people finishing in 2nd place. Canada should suit Mclaren and Ferrari better so lets see what happens there but Monaco was a must win for Mclaren and Ferrari and Mclaren blew it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 01:12PM by marcl.
Date: May 30, 2011 01:39PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Please I'm not a huge nationalist, but my country's name has an extra 'A' and is not wishing to eat ;-)
Date: May 30, 2011 01:59PM
Posted by: SexySam182
I am confused, everywhere I read, people keep saying that the first safety car coming out after Jenson's second stop ruined his race. But it can't have, because he pit and then because of the safety car, he was right behind Vettel again. In effect, the safety car, meant he didn't have to spend time catching Vettel, he was immediately on the back of him, and had a greater chance of passing him because he was right behind him for longer.

Am I right? Or am I completely missing something?

Date: May 30, 2011 02:36PM
Posted by: gav
I think McLaren wanted to cover off the expected safety car for Glock, and given that they put on another set of super-softs, committing to a 3-stop strategy and they expected Vettel to follow suit.
Date: May 30, 2011 03:32PM
Posted by: chet
It was one of the best races of the year!

We had Vettel 1 stopping, Alonso 2 stopping, and Jenson 3 stopping all perfectly placed for an epic battle.

The midfield bunch ruined it for us though with an amazing lack of ability to race. Hamilton's awful attitude just made the post-race ever more awesome. Im not sure which I enjoy more now, the forum or the racing :p.

This year ive got bored with the race build up (minus the grid walk) but the forum has been as great as ever again :), this one was no exception with Jake and MB clinging onto the railings as hard as they could ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 30, 2011 04:02PM
Posted by: EC83
marwood82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Playing the racism card because the stewards
> > won't turn a blind eye to his idiotic driving?
> > Piss off.
>
>
> so i take it you believe he was being serious?

Whether he was being serious or not isn't the point - you just don't say things like that. But as it happens, I do think he was being serious when he first said it and he lightened up a bit immediately afterwards in an attempt to make it look like he'd been joking. Given what he'd been saying immediately beforehand and the way he'd been saying it, it's pretty obvious to me that he wasn't making a joke.

This has nothing to do with "sportspeople saying what they think". There's saying what you think and then there's being a @#$%& idiot, and it surprises me that you seem to be confusing the two.

Date: May 30, 2011 04:13PM
Posted by: EC83
Regarding the race itself, it could've been better at the end but it was still so good. Some amazing action with a lot of overtakes I thought, considering it was Monaco. Vettel didn't drive his best race ever but the one area where he did do an epic job was in looking after his tyres. The talent he's shown all season for managing the Pirellis paid off in spades yesterday. The race stoppage did save him from possibly being passed, but he at least got himself in the position to benefit from it.

Good drives from Jenson and Alonso too, Jenson I definitely feel for considering he was looking so strong earlier on.

But altogether, pretty damn good I thought. Just a shame we were robbed of the epic finish which could even have eclipsed 1992.

Date: May 30, 2011 08:01PM
Posted by: raceme
hamilton's the best
hamilton was the only one who gave the race action

Elefantorum?
Date: May 30, 2011 08:11PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
raceme
hamilton's the best
hamilton was the only one who gave the race action

...and more track debris as well. Poor Maldonado.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 30, 2011 08:13PM
raceme Wrote:
> hamilton's the best
> hamilton was the only one who gave the race action

Apparently you must have had your eyes closed for the rest of the race then.

edit - Just a question to you guys

Why did Lewis say what said? Was it a joke? Why would he tell a joke like that on live TV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 11:17PM by chet.
Date: May 31, 2011 12:51AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
At the point where the thought formed in his head and he said it, it wasn't a joke. The thought was there, else he wouldn't have even thought about it.
Date: May 31, 2011 12:55AM
pankykapus Wrote:
> Please I'm not a huge nationalist, but my
> country's name has an extra 'A' and is not wishing
> to eat ;-)

If this were Facebook I'd "like" this comment.
Date: May 31, 2011 01:22AM
loque Wrote:
> At the point where the thought formed in his head
> and he said it, it wasn't a joke. The thought was
> there, else he wouldn't have even thought about
> it.

Which is what I was thinking, but wish it werent true because I'd amazed if that's what he really thought, and kind of worried too. Worried that the talk of him being the first "black" driver actually means something to him when in reality who gives a sh*t what colour he, or anybody is. It would certainly make me lose alot of respect for him to resort to such desperation.

Date: May 31, 2011 01:52AM
He's had a silver spoon in his mouth all his life, had everything paid for him since the word go and he's so used to having things his way that he spits his dummy out when things go wrong. When he makes mistakes, he blames other people around him, other drivers, his team.

Many other drivers are the same but the big difference is that they're not out winning races being in the attention on the media at many races, whereas he is. He needs to learn to control his feelings.

I love watching him drive, he's hugely talented, but sometimes he's an idiot. To cap all this, and fair enough these things have nothing to do with anyone but himself, but he has a stupid girlfriend who runs around after him like a WAG and he got arrested for doing doughnuts on an Australian highway. I'm not sure his persona mixes with F1, he acts more like a footballer than an F1 driver.
Date: May 31, 2011 10:02AM
Did anyone see this??

What the hell was going on??

Date: May 31, 2011 10:19AM
Posted by: gav
Bloody hell. That's supposedly the category one below F1? Some horrible driving there. :\

How come Grosjean didn't hit anyone... with his fist?
Date: May 31, 2011 12:11PM
Posted by: nvooght
He never set a competitive laptime because of the queue...so silly.

They should have done what the Formula Renault 3.5s did and had a split qualy to half the number of cars.

Date: May 31, 2011 12:40PM
Posted by: pankykapus
and we keep complaining about the mess in online racing... ;-) I shall keep my mouth shut from now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 12:41PM by pankykapus.
Date: May 31, 2011 03:29PM
Posted by: Nickv
loque Schreef:
> Did anyone see this??
>
> What the hell was going on??
>
>

I saw it live. It was pathetic. Only half the cars finished and pretty much all of the retirements were due to crashes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy