Monaco GP *spoilers*

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Re: Monaco GP *spoilers*
Date: May 29, 2011 06:49PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Oh well why would massa and maldonado possible want to turn in when theres a corner there, i mean, thats just not done?

Those comments were way out of line from hamilton, he deserved his penalties and you didnt see di resta crying about his one. McLaren normally let their drivers say their minds, but this time, they really need to teach Hamilton that that is not acceptable at all.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: May 29, 2011 07:15PM
Posted by: matt3454
just watched the race on iplayer.

gutted it got red flagged. redbull really got lucky again there :(

Date: May 29, 2011 07:47PM
Posted by: Slash
the race reflects pretty much Jenson's season so far.... driving really well but strategies not paying off.. it's a real shame

i think the red flag helped Red Bull a lot.. with the condition those tyres where in, rolling behind the safety car was probably the end for them... it would've been really difficult to pick up the pace after that... not sure if the positions would've changed much, but it would've made it more difficult for the tyres to complete the distance, or even Vettel to keep the car on the road or the position he was in.

i predict we will hear some appologies from Hamilton in the next few days, and some deep toughts about how he was mad but he's learned and how one learns everytime and how it will make him a stronger person and all that stuff...
truth is he was overoptimistic today.. DiResta Got penalized for exaclty the same thing and this is what he had to say about.. a rookie in a midfield team...
Paul Di Resta
"I have to hold my hands up for this accident because I was probably a bit too ambitious. It's a shame because the car was working well and without this incident I think I could have scored some points."

i don't know Hamilton sometimes is great, sometimes he's just spectacular, and sometimes he's just stupid... one thing's for sure, Mclaren's image has been affected for the last couple of years and it always seems to point that side fo their garage.. i'm sure they won't be happy to be in the eye of the hurricane once again..
funny he mentions "character testing".. i think he failed at it

it took 2 laps for the stewards to penalize DiResta.. it took like 10 to penalize Hamilton.. i wonder what makes him think he's being mistreated
Date: May 29, 2011 07:53PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i love what hamilton said. because he really thinks it. and there is something true that massa turned on him. because the move on schumacher on rosberg was the same. In other words, massa could avoid the accident. as for maldonado, i havent seen the accident. sorry on that.

P.S.
schumacher TRASHED rosberg. i hope all the critics of him can now shut up.

7,5 seconds ahed only in 3 laps he was. And he overtook him in monaco. or lets put it better, schumacher made rosberg let him through.

Back on topic
Date: May 29, 2011 08:04PM
Posted by: raulongo
Maldonado said that he didn't saw Hamilton coming and he felt the impact. Obviously that's 'cause HAM wasn't on the race line... again and again... poor Williams F1...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 29, 2011 09:17PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
an epic race aside from the end.

button's not my favourite driver but i was madly rooting for him - he was on the verge of a LEGENDARY race only to be screwed over by the strategy (did they really think there wasn't going to be a SC), such a shame they were allowed to change tyres before the restart.
i'd just begun to like hamilton based on his performances this season but man, what a way to .... up, this is ridiculous; yeah he's quick sometimes but damn keep it together & don't be such an arse if you don't (give rosberg a go in that macca :p).

mercedes - lulwut formula renault pace in that 1st stint.

vettel somewhat lucky but i guess deserved it, nice going by alonso aswell.
Date: May 29, 2011 09:58PM
Posted by: J i m
Button wasn't screwed by the strategy.. actually he and McLaren were quite clever with that, and they were simply unlucky that the safety cars fell when they did.

Great drives by the top 3, none of them made a mistake, Vettel was only leap frogged by Button because Red Bull fecked it up in the pits. But it was good work by Button to make the most of his chance before the safety car gave Vettel the chance to play smart with track position.

Date: May 29, 2011 10:21PM
Posted by: EC83
Lewis showed his true character again this weekend, on and off track. God, that took some believing. I don't know where to start TBH, I just think he's a @#$%& disgrace to the sport right now. Playing the racism card because the stewards won't turn a blind eye to his idiotic driving? Piss off.

Date: May 29, 2011 10:26PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The clash with Maldonado was Hamilton's fault, 100%. He wasn't on the racing line, he was skittering over the curb and ploughed into Maldonado, who has gone up in my estimations with a good race.

I'd started to think Hamilton had matured both as a driver and as a man, but today he'd shown a bit of a different side to him. Di Resta just manned up and accepted his fault.

Kobayashi did a good job to get fifth, though he did one stop, and I haven't heard of any steward intervention after his crash with Sutil either.

The result? It's hard to say that Vettel really deserved it, I think Alonso and Button were far more hungry for it, especially in Jenson's case where he set some storming lap times. But to steal from Bruce Almighty:

Bruce Nolan
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

And to be honest, Vettel couldn't have put any more into it, especially when holding position. But all points considered, a good race.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 30, 2011 12:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
You CAN pass at Lowes, it's been done countless times. But it relies on the attacking car already being alongside the defending car at the point where you begin to turn in. Or it requires a mix of skill and luck - Schumacher today.

I don't like Lewis Hamilton's attitude. The only thing that happened to him today which wasn't his fault was the rear wing. He has no right to complain about the rest. Because of him Maldonado has no points even though he beat him in the race and Williams took another major hit.

Also, how did Petrov even hit the barrier? He just slid into it, his own accident within an accident.

The worst crash of the weekend was Rosberg's. He was so lucky not to hit the barrier as it would have been head-on. Sometimes I wonder if it would be safer just to go straight on all the way to Tabac. Hmmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 12:40AM by loque.
Date: May 30, 2011 09:13AM
Posted by: gav
loque
Also, how did Petrov even hit the barrier? He just slid into it, his own accident within an accident.

Travelling at 80+mph, with a car getting closer to your nose, I defy you not to slam your brake pedal into the bulkhead.
Date: May 30, 2011 09:25AM
Posted by: marwood82
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Playing the racism card because the stewards
> won't turn a blind eye to his idiotic driving?
> Piss off.

so i take it you believe he was being serious?
Date: May 30, 2011 11:05AM
Posted by: LeeBeau
marwood82 Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Playing the racism card because the stewards
> > won't turn a blind eye to his idiotic driving?
> > Piss off.
>
>
> so i take it you believe he was being serious?

well if you were to i.e call an afro-american with a certain word it won't really make it better if afterwards you say you weren't serious. the way of the world is dumb
Date: May 30, 2011 11:29AM
Posted by: marwood82
LeeBeau Wrote:
> marwood82 Wrote:
> -----
> > EC83 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Playing the racism card because the stewards
> > > won't turn a blind eye to his idiotic
> driving?
> > > Piss off.
> >
> >
> > so i take it you believe he was being serious?
>
> well if you were to i.e call an afro-american with
> a certain word it won't really make it better if
> afterwards you say you weren't serious. the way of
> the world is dumb

well, if you were also an afro-american it probably would be.

anyway, the point i was making is the hypocrisy of the situation.

we apparently want to hear sportspeople say what they think and be 'controversial' otherwise they're labeled as 'dull', 'lacking passion' or 'faceless corporate entities'

we demand that immediately after a race, game of football, round of golf etc that right at the point when the persons just suffered a bad defeat, they're angry and adrenalin'a still pumping that a journalist must shove a microphone in their face and then then barrage them with loaded questions with the single aim of getting a rise out them.

then when when the person being interviewed does react in the way we all want, everyone flies of the wall about it.

he made a joke. and though not a very good joke, i doubt the tabloids will care one bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 11:32AM by marwood82.
Date: May 30, 2011 11:33AM
Posted by: nvooght
The thing is though, Im not sure it was a joke originally.

Now he has to claim it was a joke however.

Date: May 30, 2011 11:44AM
Given his mood at the time, it wasn't a joke. To me it was a pointed remark that he hurriedly turned into a joke, and that might have just saved him a suspension or heavy fine.

You're right that we want drivers to say what they think and be less of a PR machine, and that was the charge levelled at Hamilton in 2007 - his PR department were epic, directing the whole McLaren/Alonso/Hamilton thing away from Hamilton, and in Britain at least, towards Alonso - but since then it seems that department have taken an extended holiday.

There are some things you just don't say.
Date: May 30, 2011 11:54AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Trust F1 to ruin possibly the one of the all time greatest race finishes, by having such crap restart regulations!
Teams shouldn't be allowed to change anything on the car after the race has been red flagged, the cars should carry on the race as they were when the flag was thrown.
Date: May 30, 2011 12:09PM
Posted by: Nickv
salvasirignano Schreef:
> Trust F1 to ruin possibly the one of the all time
> greatest race finishes, by having such crap
> restart regulations!
> Teams shouldn't be allowed to change anything on
> the car after the race has been red flagged, the
> cars should carry on the race as they were when
> the flag was thrown.

Nickv Schreef:
> I thought that, but there's reasoning behind that.
> Let's take Nurburgring 2007(?) where everybody was
> sliding off because they were on the wrong tyres.
> If they'd stop the race and don't allow them to
> change tyres, on the restart or possibly even on
> the warm up lap, they'd slide off again.
Date: May 30, 2011 12:14PM
I'd imagine it will be changed for next year, with the exception that you can only change from slicks to intermediates or wets, or visa-versa.

That said, it's part of the larger regulations, where the car isn't in parc-ferme conditions the moment the lights go out, so you can change anything you like (with the exception of adding oil or something like that I believe). For example as far as I'm aware you can still refuel cars, though you have to take the car into the garage and do it as they do in qualifying now.
Date: May 30, 2011 12:17PM
Posted by: J i m
Upon reflection though, allowing change of tyres on the dummy grid was a sensible thing to do. Cars could have picked up all manner of debris after that incident and there could have been punctures galore, something I'm sure we may have been indignant about had it happened.

As for Lewis and about having personality and being outspoken, yes we all like that, yet that wasn't personality by Lewis, it was behaving like a bellend, it was the kind of reaction I would have expected from a twelve or thirteen year old. Button for instance manages to have personality in interviews without coming across as a complete prick. Paul di Resta made a few overly ambitious moves out there himself, he held his hand up, accepted liability and took it all on the chin.

Lewis seems to think he has a divine right to win everything in sight... well unfortunately for him he's racing in a era where there are several brilliant drivers in excellent cars, and they're not going to move over to let him win simply because he thinks he deserves to.

And the Ali-g "Is it because I is black" will be pounced on by the tabloids, it is what they do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy