Monaco GP *spoilers*

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Re: Monaco GP *spoilers*
Date: May 29, 2011 05:03PM
Posted by: Nickv
He played the racism card? That's pathetic.
Date: May 29, 2011 05:04PM
Posted by: J i m
Hamilton has some growing up to do. He completely lost it today (after some early awesomness), and that interview with Lee not only took the biscuit, it took the whole packet and scrunched it up it front of her face.

Great race though, top drives by Vettel, Alonso and Button, good calls by all 3, anyone of those 3 deserved the win today.

Gutted for Maldonaldo, he did very well, at least Rubens salvaged Williams' first point(s).

Shocker for Merc, but awesome irony for Schumacher retiring at La Racasse ;)

Finally... have the HRT's completed the first lap yet?

Date: May 29, 2011 05:16PM
Posted by: gav
For the record, I don't think either of Hamilton's moves were all that bad. In both cases he would have made the corner and the other driver turned in on him. He didn't give the other driver much chance of seeing him, and as such it was his fault and both penalties were justified... but then again, Schumacher did similar and and the other driver saw them coming, so it's not impossible to see them.

I'll put it another way - if I was in the position Hamilton was in (with a chance of making a move), then I'd take it and hope the other guy sees it coming. Neither Massa nor Maldonado did. You win some, you lose some.

As for the interview (if it doesn't appear on Youtube I'll upload it here later), it was completely out of order. he rather aggressively accused the stewards of being against him, he (apparently jokingly) blamed it on his skin colour, he strongly questioned his team again for the pit-stop error... starting to sound like someone who works in a school, but he needs to start acting his age. He's 26 - he's not a kid.

Kobayashi will undoubtedly get a penalty for his driving into Sutil in much the same way as Hamilton.

As for Petrov, he didn't actually hit Alguersuari - Alguersuari hit Hamilton and went to the wall, and Petrov just locked up and drove into the wall.
Date: May 29, 2011 05:26PM
Posted by: alonso0506
What a Race i enjoyed it very much only the finish was crap. I heard they arent allowed to change tyres under red flag.

Anyway lets begin with the start. Schumi nearly stalled from what i saw and alonso got webber. Now nothing special till the pit stops started with Jenson 1st goin in. Then he made some very fast laps and vettel went in but his stop was very slow and 1 lap later fernando pitted. Now Jenson again pushing like hell and he really did a great job pulling out the gap he needed. Fernando in the meanwhile caught vettel.
Now Lewis involved in the 1st crash with massa wich i think massa had the line in the hairpin. in the tunnel it was really hard for massa side by side there but i think felipe could have done well if rosberg wouldnt help everyone up like schumi at start.
Then Sc and I think both Jenson and Fernando pitted wich would have gave button and alonso the win in my eyes. Now both chasing down vettel and it was just a matter of time till they would have got him. Jenson stopping for 3rd time and again catching up again. Now closing to the pack big crash with sutil,petrov,alguersuari hamilton etc. luckily vitaly aint hurt bad cause he did very well. Now race stopped and they change tyres wtf!!! lol.
With 6 laps to go at end and with fresh tyres nearly no chance for fernando to get him and he was clearly faster aswell as button. Now Lewis again involved in an accident knocking out Pastor who did very very well in my eyes. Now i think Lewis was involved in every accident today cause he wanted to pass no matter what happens to others.

At end it was really great race with the wrong victor cause fernando and jenson deserved it more i think. Good one by kobayashi but guys like maldonado and massa or petrov would have been there aswell.

Now canada in 2 weeks time and i hope all times finally beat RedBull especially vettel so they catch him in the driver champ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: May 29, 2011 05:40PM
Posted by: msater
Hamilton's 'joke' interview with Lee is here: [news.bbc.co.uk]

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: May 29, 2011 05:41PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
being in Canada we dont get the bbc extended coverage, will the Lewis Interview be able to be seen on there site later on?
Date: May 29, 2011 05:43PM
Posted by: msater
RenaultFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> being in Canada we dont get the bbc extended
> coverage, will the Lewis Interview be able to be
> seen on there site later on?

Someone will put it on Youtube, I'd expect :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: May 29, 2011 05:43PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Here's the YouTube footage

I think Lewis was 100% at fault, Gav. Maybe Massa could have gone a bit wider and held the inside line for Portier, but if he had gone wide and let Lewis through, you or others would be criticising him for meek defence.

You can't just make a move and hope that they move out of the way, and based on his arrogance after the race, I bet that's exactly what he thought.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 05:47PM by SchueyFan.
Date: May 29, 2011 05:45PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
cheers Ed, But the link isnt working?
Date: May 29, 2011 05:47PM
Fixed it now, hopefully.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 29, 2011 05:48PM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan
You can't just make a move and hope that they move out of the way, and based on his arrogance after the race, I bet that's exactly what he thought.

Well, it's what Schumacher did and they did. ;)

Like I said, you win some, you lose some.
Date: May 29, 2011 05:57PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I watched for 57 seconds, then stopped. If I had watched more, I would've thrown the monitor with his f**** face off the window.

He has to ask himself a question: On what universe can someone overtake at Loews??? I don't know what he smoked before the race, but it wasn't good for him and for the others.
As you may think, yes, I want to fly to Monaco ASAP and kill him :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: May 29, 2011 05:58PM
Posted by: chet
Any other track and the moves Lewis made would have been awesome.

This is Monaco though, and you need the other driver to really help you.

Massa and Pastor had every right to do what they did...

Let's not forget though, Lewis made a stunning move on Michael in T1, and Massa made an even better move on Nico at Tabac! Great racing today. Not forgetting Schumacher taking Lewis at Lowes, Webber on Kobayashi (as much as it killed to see :()

Pirelli have saved F1. The Schumi era needed Pirelli. I dont care if he would have won his titles still, but the racing we have now is pure amazing.

edit - I like Pirelli so much I might even like them on facebook :o!

edit 2 - still hate Horner and Seb but they know how to win, and they know how to party :p. The team is amazing.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 06:01PM by chet.
Date: May 29, 2011 06:09PM
Posted by: raulongo
Hamilton NEVER had a real chance to overtake Maldonado there... he was way off the racing-line... He deserved a black-flag. Now, a fine and a grid penalty for Canada. I'm very angry at the moment...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 06:10PM by raulongo.
Date: May 29, 2011 06:13PM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, it's what Schumacher did and they did. ;)
>
> Like I said, you win some, you lose some.

OK, but that doesn't lessen the mistakes of Hamilton. You shouldn't have to rely on others getting out of the way to make a good move.

Even with Hamilton's move on Schumacher, he was basically out of control, and used Schumacher as a braking and turning marker. I don't know if he would have made the corner otherwise.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 29, 2011 06:16PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Great pics Raul, Maldonano was turning in fully using the kerb so where did Hamilton want to turn in?
Date: May 29, 2011 06:18PM
Posted by: madotter
He is a disgrace and as said above, he should get fined and given a grid drop for Canada.
Date: May 29, 2011 06:22PM
Posted by: Slash
our Mourinho of F1? lmao
Date: May 29, 2011 06:23PM
Without DRS, Hamilton wasn't even close to being along side, which I think those pictures show.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 29, 2011 06:30PM
Time penalty for Lewis - which means he stays in the same position because the cars behind him were lapped.

Hopefully they at least fine him for those remarks.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy