Monaco GP *spoilers*

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Re: Monaco GP *spoilers*
Date: May 26, 2011 03:35PM
Posted by: chet
Tyres strong here. Looks like a clear 1 stopper IMO.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 26, 2011 03:40PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It's sort of disappointing, as it would have been great to see the drivers forced to try and overtake if they came out of their pitstops in traffic.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 26, 2011 07:08PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
[www.independent.co.uk]

hes an arrogant madafaka, isnt he ? just like all the great drivers actually. or lets put it better: just like all of the greatest drivers ;)

P.S. schumi did pretty bad to has such a stupid accident, but i think he is now coming into a zone where he was putting people in, in the past. Namely: he is coming under great pressure from the pace of the forerunners and of his team mate mostly. this is a dangerous zone because you start to push yourself to limits you cant always control (e.g. hill in 1995, montoya in 2005, or even coulthard in 1999, maybe also irvine in 1999.
Date: May 26, 2011 08:38PM
Posted by: Slash
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.independent.co.uk]
> wis-hamilton-claims-to-be-sebastian-vettels-only-c
> hallenger-2288421.html
>
> hes an arrogant madafaka, isnt he ? just like all
> the great drivers actually. or lets put it better:
> just like all of the greatest drivers ;)

nah, he's just pretending to be which is quite worse than being... i don't know for some reason sometimes it doesn't sound too genuine when Lewis takes these approaches in the press... it's almost like he works on his speeches the night before knowing people might talk about it...

i'm not taking anything away from the guy, it's just that sometimes it seems he just tries too hard in the press

[en.espnf1.com]

almost like (OH MY GOD.. I'M SOOOO HAPPY SOMEBODY HUGG MEEE )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 08:43PM by Slash.
Date: May 26, 2011 10:13PM
Posted by: EC83
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> hes an arrogant madafaka, isnt he ?

Considering it's Lewis, these are fairly modest comments TBH. Still, I hate to rain on his parade and point out that he actually had a significantly better car than Vettel during the closing stages in Spain, but needs must. Maybe the pace of the McLaren this year is confusing him.

Date: May 27, 2011 01:15AM
Significantly better car? Im not so sure. It was probably quicker, i think Button and Webber showed this well, but it was by no means significantly quicker. Lewis was only really quicker than Vettel in sector 3. In S1 they were matched, and in S2 Vettel was quicker.

Looking at Webber and Button, Webber hauled Button in pretty easily, but used his tyres in doing so. I disagree with the thought that Jenson looked after his tyres. He didn't, it was just a case of Webber burning his out!

A significantly better car is the car RedBull have had prior to Barcelona, and im sure there's few who'll disagree with that. Had Lewis got passed I doubt the gap would have exceed more than 3-4 seconds, if that is significantly quicker then what would you call the gap Vettel has had in the prior races?

Looking at the long run times, it's hard to pick out who's good and not. Sadly we didnt' see much of the Mercedes. The TV coverage was pretty shite imo, but we did see the other top guys.... The Mclaren's looked very able to pump in quick times with little steering wheel effort, likewise the RedBull and Alonso. Whilst Massa was chucking his Ferrari in all sorts of directions, though he was still quick!

At this stage, I would say the 3 most likely to get pole are (funnily enough) the 3 quickest drivers in F1. Vettel, Lewis and Alonso. I dont want to rule Webber or Nico out though, but tbh I cant see any other drivers getting pole, or front row. Those 3 just looked a whole bunch better.

Date: May 27, 2011 02:26AM
It wouldn't have been significantly quicker in normal circumstances, no. But Vettel had no KERS and a DRS issue(separate from having no car in front of him, I mean). We saw how Lewis could come screaming up behind him on the S/F straight each lap, for example.

Date: May 27, 2011 03:31PM
I wasnt aware of his DRS issue (not that it matters), but he had KERS. Maybe not for the race full distance, but he did have KERS.

Vettel's car was quicker at the most important part of the lap, the final corner, and when he did have KERS, Lewis stood no chance. Lewis got close behind Vettel but was never once in a position to overtake, or close. Not once was he close enough to pull alongside... By the time he was on Vettel's rear wing it was the braking zone... Vettel defended well, but he did not have the toughest job. It was like Button and Alonso at Monza. In hindsight, Button was never really threatened, Alonso was never close enough to overtake (until he did!). Button simply could place his car in the middle of the track.

Date: May 27, 2011 03:56PM
Posted by: danm
lol@ the Red bull bomb scare.

'A lonesome backpack left outside the Red Bull motorhome was sporting Ferrari branding. Bomb disposal units cleared the offending item...'

All that after the radio spygate accusations as well, roflmao!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 27, 2011 04:03PM
LOL!!!

Date: May 27, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: Nickv
Judge: Lotus and Lotus are both rightfully entitled to call themselves Lotus. Lotus is likely to appeal because they think Lotus should not be able to bear the name Lotus, since only Lotus is entitled to do so.
Date: May 27, 2011 08:21PM
GL should just f*ck off now.

Date: May 28, 2011 03:22AM
chet Wrote:
> I wasnt aware of his DRS issue (not that it
> matters), but he had KERS. Maybe not for the race
> full distance, but he did have KERS.

Think you'll find it does matter - just because you didn't notice something to begin with and therefore get dismissive of it when it's brought to your attention, doesn't automatically render it unimportant.
He might have been the guy in front defending his position, but there were still times(like when trying to lap people) when DRS is normally a help to the lead car.
And yes, he had KERS, but it wasn't working during the closing stages, so my point stands.

Anyway, it looks like we'll be agreeing to disagree on that one.

Regarding this race, it'll be interesting to see what effect the resurfaced section at Ste Devote has. It's a shame from an entertainment point of view that the tyres seem to be much more durable here, and I hope the roadworks we've had at Ste Devote can go some way towards countering it.

Date: May 28, 2011 07:36AM
Posted by: gav
Can you use DRS when behind a lapped car? I know the BBC commentary team said you can, but I wasn't aware you were allowed to, and I'm fairly sure I've never seen the lead car using it (though I've not exactly been looking for it).
Date: May 28, 2011 10:15AM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think that you can use DRS whenever you are less than 1 second behind any car. I'm fairly sure that I've seen people use DRS because of drivers ahead of them who are on different laps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: May 28, 2011 11:15AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Rosberg's just totalled his Merc at the Nouvelle chicane, will be touch and go if it's ready for qualifying.

Date: May 28, 2011 11:16AM
Posted by: J i m
Looks like simple driver error, cold tyres cold brakes, I think there's a chance they're get the car ready for qualify, but he goes into it without much experience of low fuel.

Date: May 28, 2011 11:23AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Anthony Davidson said there car is very likely to be repaired in time, chances of that actually happening guys?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: May 28, 2011 11:47AM
It's not so much the repair that concerns me, it's the suspension geometry.

Date: May 28, 2011 11:56AM
If HRT get Liuzzi's car ready for qualify, Jeremy Clarkson will eat his own hair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy