Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
I think I will definitely burn a DVD of this race. Even if it takes up a boxset.
A very eventful race indeed. I don't agree with Dave, I think that Red Bull are best placed to get the constructor's championship. I also believe that, looking at last year's results, they should have wins at the last 2 races. I'm tipping Webber for Brazil after his determination to recover from an accident (eg. Valencia, followed by a win at Siverstone) and his win in '09. I'm also expecting some good showings from Kobayashi as well after brilliant drives last year.

Yes, things have changed since then. But the more things change, the more they stay the same. Hopefully this season ends dramatically to contrast with such a dull Bahrain race at the start.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then you clearly aren't good enough to handle all
> of my awesomeness then. I suggest you buy a
> bathtub to hold the surplus awesome.

Its alright i have several large pools and an oil tanker in which i store my own awesome, i can probably find a little bit of room for yours. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 11:35AM by MysticalCrayon.
Re: Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 24, 2010 11:42AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It was said that Lamy, Burti and Montermini had career - ending accidents, I think Petrov just had his. I was waiting for someone to go off there and it happened pretty much exactly as I imagined it.

I know Vettel wasn't the only one complaining, but that was his payback for not wanting to race and for complaining about the light. You only get out what you put in. Button, that was a crap race from his, Sutil was hopeless, very erratic. Very impressed with Kobayashi of late he has lost the kamikaze mantle and is now simply a hard player. Very good.

Great race. Should have started much sooner than it did - this generation of F1 racers are bloody ridiculous, they should just get on with it instead of complaining about any sort of conditions which do not suit their cars. I wish we had more Kobayashis and Hamiltons and Kubicas and less of the scaredy cats.

Nice circuit, should be nice when it's finished ;)
I wish we had more Kobayashis and Hamiltons and Kubicas and less of the scaredy cats

Kubica didn't want to start the race. Depressing, I know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I think Dave is right. Neither RB driver deserves the drivers title (various bits of fail through the season), and as a team they're really done their best to throw away constructors championship with their numerous mistakes through the year.

Ferrari probably deserve it, purely for the turnaround. I mean Alonso has won 4 of the past 7, and has the most wins of anybody through the season. Yes, he had an awful early-mid season (valencia, silverstone etc), but overall, i think he's done the best job.

Today's race was awesome. So pleased for all the fans who were packed in the grandstands - would have been very sad for them to have to go home without watching some good f1 action.

Also - how strong is the Sauber suspension - that was a heck of a whack that the crazy Sutil gave Kobayashi - way more than Hamilton gave Massa at Monza for example, and he just motored on regardless...

Driver of the day - vettel. He was awesome once we went racing.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
harjinator Wrote:
> Also - how strong is the Sauber suspension - that
> was a heck of a whack that the crazy Sutil gave
> Kobayashi - way more than Hamilton gave Massa at
> Monza for example, and he just motored on
> regardless...
>

Very, as Alguersuari proved in Japan a fortnight ago. It's quite robust now compared to the early season failures. I think that's down to James Key.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 24, 2010 12:25PM
Posted by: gav
Cracking race. Webber back to being Webber, Red Bull back to being Red Bull and Schumacher back to being Schumacher.

Well, kind of... obviously he was a distance back and Rosberg was ahead of him before he got Webbered, but it was still a very strong race.

Not sure what Webber was thinking by steering across the track towards Nico - he took his hands off the wheel for the initial crash, but didn't steer away when he did grab a hold of the wheel.

Dramatic blow up for Vettel with bits of Renault left all over the race track.

Excellent drives from most of the finishers and Vettel... Sutil was atrocious and Button - setup or not - was awful.

If you want an indication of how much the cameras adjusted the light, take a look at how bright the lights around the track and the flashing red lights - and for those getting the BBC coverage just how dark the paddock was when Vettel was being interviewed during the last couple of laps.

harjinator
Also - how strong is the Sauber suspension - that was a heck of a whack that the crazy Sutil gave Kobayashi - way more than Hamilton gave Massa at Monza for example, and he just motored on regardless...

It's different in the wet, where the tyres slide more when hit than they do in the dry. Also, with composites even the tiniest of angle differences can make all the difference - it may be more than luck, but luck plays a huge part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 12:26PM by gav.
Date: October 24, 2010 01:55PM
Posted by: marcl
Very good race once they got going.

I feel bad for Vettel but it happens, just has a lot to him this year.

Webber, well it happens in the rain but that was a bad error that could have well cost him a shot had Vettel not blown up.

Alonso well totally outstanding, but the only minus thing against him is this no1 status when the others dont have it but oh well.

MS had a good race.

Lewis done all he could do and at least he wanted to race unlike the others.

Good job I overslept and woke up at 8 lol.
Date: October 24, 2010 02:08PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
Alonso well totally outstanding, but the only minus thing against him is this no1 status when the others dont have it but oh well.

The thing is though, since he was thought of as their priority, other than Hockenheim, Massa has not been in a position to either help Alonso, or take points off of the other contenders, so Alonso's having to do it all himself anyway.
Date: October 24, 2010 02:15PM
Posted by: chet
Massa has hardly really be there.

Its a shame to say but he's been forgotten this year.

Then again, how much of that is down to team-orders? I mean mentally, what did that do to him? If he never happened would he have been much more of a force in the followign weekends? I think yes...

Alonso just needs to make sure if he is WDC then it is more than 7 points.

Then again, if not does it not show what a crucial move it wsa for Ferrari and should it be praised as 'the move of the year?'

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
or the world's cheapest world championship?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 24, 2010 02:32PM
gav Wrote:
> > Alonso well totally outstanding, but the only
> minus thing against him is this no1 status when
> the others dont have it but oh well.
>
>
> The thing is though, since he was thought of as
> their priority, other than Hockenheim, Massa has
> not been in a position to either help Alonso, or
> take points off of the other contenders, so
> Alonso's having to do it all himself anyway.

True, but he will be getting all the Ferrari attention. I am not taking anything away from him though his drives as of late have been fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 03:37PM by marcl.
Date: October 24, 2010 03:18PM
Posted by: EC83
Amazing race! Well worth the wait in the end, we got something truly unique and special.

Brilliant drives from Alonso, Vettel and Lewis. Great drive from Schumacher too, probably his strongest overall since he came back.
Epic n00b-up from Webber. Great incidents and battles throughout.

Date: October 24, 2010 03:38PM
I think a few of the drivers have been using f1 2010 online to learn the track lol :)
matt3454 Wrote:
> If weber finishes lower than 3rd I think.

Could be interesting if Vettel is 3rd and Webber is 4th!

Fernando is lucky that Massa's best track is coming up. And we saw in Turkey that even this year, Massa can beat Fernando on his favourite tracks.

chet Wrote:
> Then again, how much of that is down to
> team-orders? I mean mentally, what did that do to
> him? If he never happened would he have been much
> more of a force in the followign weekends? I think
> yes...

The thing is, Ferrari could have let Massa win in Germany, and now, Alonso would still be leading, and Massa would have more confidence and could have helped out more - not to mention helping him and the team in the long term.

X (@ed24f1)
from bbc sport:

The conundrum for Red Bull Racing is that if Vettel wins the remaining races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi, with Webber second and Alonso third, the Ferrari man will win the drivers' world championship.

Yet if Webber won them, with Vettel second and Alonso third, then Webber would clinch his - and Red Bull's - historic first world title.

also I said at the time and still say ferrari done exactly the right thing in hockenheim. massa is not at alonso's level. its a shame that he didnt win in 2008 and that may have been his best chance of the wdc gone.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 05:30PM by rapid_f1.
Date: October 24, 2010 05:55PM
Posted by: EC83
Massa did all he could in 2008, and on any other day it would've been enough, with Hamilton only winning it by freak chance in the end. Think it's safe to say Massa is the guy who's come closest to being Champion without doing it.

harjinator Wrote:
> or the world's cheapest world championship?

F1 is a team sport. You don't have to like it, but you do need to accept it. It's about Ferrari and their best interests, not about Alonso and Massa.

I prefer the way McLaren go about their racing personally, it's the way I'd want to do it, but McLaren and Ferrari, as wider organisations, have different aims, objectives and corporate interests. Therefore, their approach to racing is different.

Decent win for Fernando today - but if Lewis had beaten him, the difference at the top would be 7 points, not 21 - and that would be very interesting.

[Website]
I really hope Alonso doesn't win this championship, things couldn't have gone much better for him this weekend though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy