Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 24, 2010 08:19AM
Posted by: Slash
So this was just a parade...... Lol
Date: October 24, 2010 08:20AM
Posted by: chet
Good decision. rather than waste race laps under SC they will wait for improved conditions. Hopefully soon!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
The SC start was correct looking at it. There was an insane amount of spray. Red Flag I'm a bit surprised at.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 24, 2010 08:28AM
They're talking about standing water, surely the best way is to let the cars go at speed to clear the water? We all know thats the most efficient way to clear standing water. Not wait for nature to throw more and more rain!

Now that the race has started, I assume that they can't postpone it to tomorrow?

Otherwise, darkness is going to be the big problem, just like Sepang 2009.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 24, 2010 08:34AM
[www.timeanddate.com]

We got two hours.

edit - Kudos to the korean circuit layers. Webber says an even distribution of water over the surface :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 08:36AM by chet.
Date: October 24, 2010 08:43AM
Posted by: Slash
Not official, but apparently some teams are propposing to give drivers half the points if the race is not restarted, do they think we're all stupid? That wasn't a race and no driver deserves point for just rolling behind the safety car

I don't know I've seen races under worst conditions.. I hope they don't just keep us waiting for 2 hrs just to cancel the event

Is going to ge dark soon in Korea
Hopefully they can at least get some racing, even if its just a 10 lap dash or something.

Apparently its in the regulations to give out half points for any race longer than 2 laps

X (@ed24f1)
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not official, but apparently some teams are
> propposing to give drivers half the points if the
> race is not restarted, do they think we're all
> stupid? That wasn't a race and no driver deserves
> point for just rolling behind the safety car
>
> I don't know I've seen races under worst
> conditions.. I hope they don't just keep us
> waiting for 2 hrs just to cancel the event
>
> Is going to ge dark soon in Korea

The rules says that 2 laps must be completed before points are awarded so no matter what (if the race never restarts) half points will be awarded.

The 2hr limit has been paused so if it does restart and it doesn't stop again light will be the issue.

Don't quote me on this info as its from 5 Live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 08:50AM by mclarenaustralia.
Date: October 24, 2010 08:56AM
Posted by: Robert
Yup - the 3 laps under the safety car count to race distance, so if the race is called off then half points will be awarded for current positions.

Although the 2 hour limit hasn't been paused as such, if the race is restarted they will add the time it was suspended for to that two hours, so light will be the issue - sunset at around 5.45 local time (9.45 BST), so if the race restarts shortly they might get 75% in for full points :)

Restart under safety car in 10 mins :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: October 24, 2010 09:00AM
Someone on Atlas F1 mentioned that is this Bernies and Charlies fault?

They cant control weather. but if the race cant handle some standing water (and its nothing to what we've seen before!) then why was it approved?

Its like approving an F1 car to race in the championship without testing. Its dangerous, but in the case with this the fans and paying spectators are let down.

It has *nothing* to do with Bernie. He is FOM, he made the deal. The circuit license approval is FIA, which was a track inspection by Charlie and his crew. If they approved a track which wasn't ready then they are responsible.

"This is what motor racing is about" - Leiws Hamilton.

I love Lewis.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 24, 2010 09:05AM
What is Bernies fault is that he doesnt learn his lesson. Once again a race maybe cut short due to visibility because he wants more tv money from us Europeans.

Big up to Lewis.

Alonso, Button and Vettel who?

edit- Shutup Vettel please and earn your points like a real racer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 09:08AM by chet.
I think all driver comments are a bit exaggerated based on the impression they want to give to Charlie, which is largely based on their position on the grid/in the championship etc

X (@ed24f1)
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is Bernies fault is that he doesnt learn his
> lesson. Once again a race maybe cut short due to
> visibility because he wants more tv money from us
> Europeans.

Yup, that one is squarely on Bernies doorstep.

> Big up to Lewis.
>
> Alonso, Button and Vettel who?

To be fair, the short bit we got from Vettel was he wasn't bothered by it. Webber and Alonso were against restarting from what we overheard in the grid convo.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Formula Money is killing Formula 1

They should cancel the race in Korea 2 months ago when they saw it wasnt going to be ready, and get in Jerez

This is ridiculous, its a joke for all F1 fans. here its 4 AM, and i saw 4 laps of f1 cars in a parade in an unfinished track. this is ridiculous

MR. WHITING PLEASEEEEEEEE RELEASE THE CARS!!!! why did you delayed the race start in first race??

Date: October 24, 2010 09:15AM
Laptimes since last time have improved by several seconds. Lets get this going please. Let's watch Lewis blitz the front please.

edit - We know that the only way the water clears is by driving over it at speed. How has this logic evaded people?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 09:16AM by chet.
Vettel saying the SC is pointless because it isn't making a difference. I'm reading that as he wants to go racing, but someone on MSN Said he thinks he means it wants it stopped. Make up your own mind!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
yeah, as long as they can get through the first few green laps, the racing line should form and it should be ok.

Fastest lap to Trulli btw ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy