Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Brand new track, probably still unfinished, who knows?

In googling for this trackmap:

As a big economy country, South Korea still never host Formula One (F1) grand prix. But the successful of hosting FIFA WOrld Cup 2002 with Japan 8 years ago, it seems that South Korea will host its first grand prix this year.

Good luck to 'em!

And I hope everyone's been putting up with F12010's numerous flaws and playing this track to death to learn it for the tv coverage ;)
The track doesn't look too bad (in terms of completion) from the pictures so far, but the biggest test will obviously be the asphalt (which hopefully will lead to high tyre degradation)
[www.formula1.com]

The layout is quite interesting, its got some elements of Sepang and Hungaroring. If they did something better than the stupid Mickey Mouse section at Turns 4/5/6 it would be much better.

Anyway, I think this will be another Red Bull vs. Ferrari battle, with Hamilton and Kubica possibly getting involved as well. Red Bull should like the last 2 sectors, while Ferrari should be good in the first sector.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 07:06AM by SchueyFan.
Re: Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 21, 2010 09:37AM
Posted by: marcl
Will be an interesting race.

I think it will be between Mclaren and rbr as Alonso is going to have to limit mile and engine power to get through the last 3 races.

If the 1st corner is anything like the game it will be very interesting from the start until turn 4.
are there images of the pitlane exit. From the maps it looks in a weird position. Any info about?

-------------------------------
Well originally they planned to have the pit exit at the outside of Turn 2 (as in the map in the first post), but they have since changed their mind and put it on the outside of Turn 1

They've also recreated the photo of the championship contenders that they took in 1986

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 03:15PM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 21, 2010 03:34PM
Posted by: chet
They should have put JB where prost is, and Webber where Mansell is :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Having looked at the layout, I think that Red bull could have some advantage from turn 4 to turn 16, even though that section seems very complicated to me.

Ferrari and McLaren may be faster on those three straights. Also, that's the place where the F-Duct should appear.

But it's impossible to predict anything here. I haven't even tried it on rFactor, and my PC doesn't support F1 2010. So it'll be interesting to see how things go on.

BTW, when was the last time something like this happened? I know about Dallas '84, where the track almost disintegrated.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Well...

@Carlitox: According to ESPNF1, there were track disintegrations at Belgium '85.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 21, 2010 07:57PM
Posted by: Slash
nice race, looking forward to it... Schumacher is going to have a good weekend!!
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nice race, looking forward to it... Schumacher is
> going to have a good weekend!!

i hope so:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: October 21, 2010 11:34PM
Posted by: Morbid
@ Carlitox: we had partial track disintegration in Canada in '06 or '07.

EDIT: it was in '08!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 11:35PM by Morbid.
I didn't realise until just now that the pit lane speed limit is 60kph for FP1-3 and then 100kph for qualy and the race. I just presumed it was always 100kph.

Date: October 22, 2010 03:33AM
That pit entry looks dangerous, it can cause some serious accident.... All those safety measures to build the track and make it boring, and the one thing they must focus and do this???
Date: October 22, 2010 04:09AM
lol, 10 mins ago my dad asked if Senna had put his car on the wall already.. i said no and he just said.. well, soon then....

Senna has now officially inaugurated Korea's tyre barriers

this guy's been too long in F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 04:11AM by Slash.
Man that pit entrance is going to be tricky whens theirs a faster car behind wanting to carry on for a lap!
Kubica looking quite handy again.

Track is sooo dusty, i kind of like the layout though, hope it brings good racing!

Slash Wrote:
> lol, 10 mins ago my dad asked if Senna had put his
> car on the wall already.. i said no and he just
> said.. well, soon then....
>
> Senna has now officially inaugurated Korea's tyre
> barriers
>
> this guy's been too long in F1

According to the Autosport report his suspension was already broken before the incident.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 22, 2010 07:23AM
Posted by: gav
That pit lane entry is horrible!
Date: October 22, 2010 07:50AM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Slash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > lol, 10 mins ago my dad asked if Senna had put
> his
> > car on the wall already.. i said no and he just
> > said.. well, soon then....
> >
> > Senna has now officially inaugurated Korea's
> tyre
> > barriers
> >
> > this guy's been too long in F1
>
> According to the Autosport report his suspension
> was already broken before the incident.

yup, just read... i wasn't shocked to see him thou.

i really like this circuit.. it seems very demanding, it pushes the cars to their limits, and drivers as well
it may be really exhaustiing for the drivers to last the whole gp at that level....
Date: October 22, 2010 08:36AM
Posted by: chet
what happened to Jense? I missed it...

Looks like it will be close... but expecting the times to drop another 2seconds for qualifying.

Also, who was the guy on redbutton? he beat Ant hands down! awesome listen (the half hour i got!)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy