Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
I like how they had an open area, with fresh plans, and that is the best pit lane entry they could come up with.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Official Korean Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 22, 2010 09:20AM
Posted by: gav
chet
what happened to Jense? I missed it...

Overheating rear end which over-overheated when he stopped in his pit box. According to the team, it was due to experimental engine modes, but if you were watching his laps before hand, it was probably because he was going so slowly trying to find space and making a mess of it.

chet
Also, who was the guy on redbutton? he beat Ant hands down! awesome listen (the half hour i got!)

Tom Clarkson.
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Carlitox: According to ESPNF1, there were track
> disintegrations at Belgium '85.

indeed there were.

it got so bad that the event ended up being cancelled and held later in the year
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I like how they had an open area, with fresh
> plans, and that is the best pit lane entry they
> could come up with.

True, but they probably would have had to reclaim more land to do that, which isn't easy to do if you are already running behind schedule

I'm sure it will be changed for next year though, maybe even a bridge over the water could work and just straightline it from Turn 16

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 22, 2010 05:47PM
Posted by: danm
watching videos of Kubica nearly losing it, that last corner up the the pit straight looks epic!!!!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
chet Wrote:
> They should have put JB where prost is, and Webber
> where Mansell is :p

they shouldnt have put JB in at all, as he is not a contender, only a mathematical 'in'probability. one more race and the same for hamilton.
Date: October 22, 2010 07:10PM
Posted by: gav
danm
watching videos of Kubica nearly losing it, that last corner up the the pit straight looks epic!!!!

Only because the tarmac is so new, it isn't giving grip yet and he ran a bit wide. It'll be easy as it rubbers in more. Might be a bit interesting with full tanks, but if they're struggling they'll just breath out of the throttle slightly - they won't be finding the limits in the race like Kubica was in practice.

As a spectator I'm not a fan of the track. It's far too wide and the kerbs might as well not be there given all the run off. It's maybe a teeny bit better than most of Tilke's tracks, but that's not saying much - in every way it's a typical Tilke track. It's like China but with more straights - and straights are only interesting if they're in the German woods or Italian parks and they're running next-to-zero wing levels.

The only redeeming features are turn 16 (and 17 if it were a tiny, tiny bit tighter) and that the first lap should be great with the 3 big stops and 2 decent straights immediately after the lights go out. After the opening action I doubt it will be much of a race.
Those RBR qualifying laps were un-@#$%& believable. We didn't see Webbers, but assuming it was as ridiculously awesome as Vettels, but they were so on the edge. Clipping the grass on every exit.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 23, 2010 08:09AM
Posted by: chet
A little bit of a reality check.

Guess it was kinda silly of me to think that either Alonso or Lewis could do it !

Well done to RBR. Will be interesting to see just how bad the left side of the grid is. Hopefully have Alonso challenging Vettel otherwise I feel it will be walkover.

Jenson was pretty awful. When the car has more load in it the tyre temp shouldnt be too much of an issue so hopefully he can pass a few cars. Looking forward to it, so far imo the track is equal to turkey in terms of enjoyment watching.

edit - BBC just showed Vettel's lap.

that final sector was litterally mm perfect! i do dislike Vettel but got to say he is at least the equal of Lewis when it comes to pulling that little bit more out of a car, and being aggressive yet so perfect. Lewis and Vettel in the same car would perhaps be the best thing to ever watch ever!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 08:29AM by chet.
Date: October 23, 2010 08:12AM
Posted by: Slash
Agree Dave, really nice too see them pushing a la Trulli, like hell...
I really like this track, you can see the suspensions working, the changes of direction, the grip on the tires, the aero corners.. Is just awesome...

The race is gonna be interesting, circuit is very demanding probably more than they expected, I think some are not gonna last the whole gp pushing at a high level... Circuit is anticlock wise just to add some spice in there..

Now the dirt on the track... That's gonna make the start really interesting, fernando can easily jump Webber and attack Vettel on first sector, as a Ferrari/Fernando/Felipe fan I hope it happens!!

Michael's gonna have a great race I predict... :p
chet Wrote:
>Lewis and Vettel in the same car
> would perhaps be the best thing to ever watch
> ever!

Not sure if they'd fit into the same car, but i agree id sure like to see it it would be hilarious.
Date: October 23, 2010 10:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Don't be silly Mystical, there are still a couple of them two seater Minardi's kicking about :)

Senna is last. After Yamamammamoto. Time for him to leave?
Don't know if its been mentioned, but it looks as though the weather may play a part tomorrow [news.bbc.co.uk]

Date: October 23, 2010 12:52PM
Posted by: chet
BBC also said heavy rain for FP too i beleive.
Im sceptical atm, apparently due to the nearby weather-system its hard to predict.

Jenson should be rather greatful for his starting posistion now. Kubica said over thr 80m run to T1, starting on the right was worth about 20m, at least on Friday.

Lewis will be lucky not to lose a place to the fantastically qualified Nico, and with Nico's top speed could he even challenge Webber? I think we could well see the now famous redbull 'chop' at the start. I just hope Webber wont do anything silly

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
loque Wrote:
> Senna is last. After Yamamammamoto. Time for him
> to leave?

Yeah, he's been beaten by Chandhok, Klien and Yamamoto now at various points. Not a good look.

And its not just this race, Yamamoto's been getting closer in the last few races he's been in - 3 tenths, 2 tenths and then 1 tenth in Suzuka.

X (@ed24f1)
Its raining around the circuit already, so the advantage of the clean side of the track is effectively gone.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 23, 2010 06:30PM
Posted by: Slash
I don't know Schuey, I think there's still some advantage... Even if the rain removes the rubber, the dirty side was really dirty, like, sand and dust dirty...

The track changes by the minute, we've seen that the whole weekend... Race Is going to be interesting, I really hope Jenson recovers from that... He says he has hope and he's still in the fight..., after Monza I taught he was going to be very aggressive and all but the rality is that even if he's still mathematically in the hunt, he's just not up there with them
Date: October 23, 2010 07:11PM
Posted by: marcl
They are cleaning the track again over night so it might not be as bad for people.

How the hell did MS avoid a penalty, we have seen people given them in the past for holding people up even when they have made it through!
marcl Wrote:
> They are cleaning the track again over night so it
> might not be as bad for people.
>
> How the hell did MS avoid a penalty, we have seen
> people given them in the past for holding people
> up even when they have made it through!

Neither Rubens or himself were on a fast lap, just in or out laps, so it didn't actually alter any result.

MysticalCrayon Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >Lewis and Vettel in the same car
> > would perhaps be the best thing to ever watch
> > ever!
>
> Not sure if they'd fit into the same car, but i
> agree id sure like to see it it would be
> hilarious.

chet is a dreamer, i doubt it would be any better then the epic dual we are seeing with Vettel and Webber. Obviously chet rates Hamilton higher then Webber, i do not. Sure Hamilton has done lots of overtakes due to Kers last year and F-duct this year, and all his overtaking ended when everyone else built an f-duct we now see. and the overtakes earlier this season were all fabricated anyway as hamilton stuffed up in qualifying, so had a faster car then others in front of him. but Webber has worked harder to get to where he is then hamilton. hamilton is the spoilt brat with mclaren funding in his junior years, and yet he still stuffed up in 2007 and nearly again in 2008 when he should haved been champion both years. Webber on merit beat everyone in junior formulas in Australia, a much harder place to get noticed then spoilt brat hamilton. Webber made it to f1 without big team f1 sponsorship like hamilton, and has worked his way up the hard way, always performing brilliant in lesser cars, you cant say the same for hamilton, remember the first half of last season when hamilton had a bad car? he drove like crap! finishing 18th, and 19th etc. Now first time Webber has the car to win... guess what.... he is winning by 14 points! ahead of the bigshot 'name' drivers like vettel and hamilton.
So if chet thinks it would be a 'dream' to see hamilton and vettel in one car, good for him, it shows he is a dreamer and doesnt accept reality, both vettel and hamilton have stuffed up this year, and will both lose the championship because of their stuff ups, and neither will live up to their ego names.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy