Official Japanese Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mclarenaustralia 
Oh dear lord!!! Kobayashi was insane!!! :-O

That style of driving is just what F1 needs in the middle and back of the pack. He was incredible, those overtakes were outstanding!!!

Apart from that: Did really Rosberg and Kubica lost the same wheel or it was my imagination?

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Good race indeed! Red Bull awesome. Kobayashi was great, nice action provided by him!
Lol at Petrov at the start, looked crazy when I saw him spin to the side at the start!

did anyone else think Michael
> had pushed him off at first??
>
> God I love Suzuka.

LOL...Given Michael's craptacular season so far I was fully expecting to see that was what happened! Thank god not.

Kobayashi is excellent value. The Japanese commentary team is excellent, great atmosphere at every event, and with Koby going off they were totally on the case! LOL.
In interview before the event Kobayashi described Schumacher as 'Sticky' because they've been around each other so much these days...very funny comment.

Suzuka....do we really need to go back to Fuji??
Was a good race, not really sure why Button is moaning about his late pit stop he was going to be 5th as soon as Lewis changed tyres and lapped over a second faster his gamble simply did not work.

Would have loved to see Lewis close up on Alonso and try and race him but was not to be.

3 races to go and its set up nicely between Webber, Vettel and Alonso. If them 3 start taking each other off Button or Lewis got nick it.

But what was clear today was RBR have the faster car but not by the gap they had.

Koybayashi was the star of the race, he is great for F1.
Re: Official Japanese Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 10, 2010 04:56PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Razorsedge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Suzuka....do we really need to go back to Fuji??

We aren't. We were alternating Fuji and Suzuka until Toyota dropped out of F1. As they own Fuji, they have no say in where we go anymore so it's Suzuka every year.

I think...?
Petrov has a penalty and Massa does not, strange that one :)

If Lewis needs yet another gear box for the next race is that not another 5 place drop? Martin was saying after the race he would not get a drop at the next race but I think he will.
I love Kobayashi days. He is one of the most, if not the most, exciting drivers on the grid today. Maybe I'm a bit biased, but he is truly incredible. Nice to see Heidfeld in the points. The man did it so quietly, none of us really noticed.

So much love for Sauber right now (the team, not Peter).

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 10, 2010 06:38PM
Posted by: Lex
marcl schrieb:
> If Lewis needs yet another gear box for the next
> race is that not another 5 place drop? Martin was
> saying after the race he would not get a drop at
> the next race but I think he will.

Or he could use the same gearbox he used in Suzuka. Who needs a 3rd gear anyway? ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
You can change gearboxes between events (providing you don't go over the allocated amount, so he can just use an older one), but not after the event starts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 11, 2010 12:00AM
Posted by: chet
Was an okay race. Lol at Webber for taking fastest lap.

Did they tiptoe home? I mean, if so I find it very very annoying that Webber did niot push Vettel. They had more pace, and it bugs me that Webber didnt use it to challenge. He seemed too content with 2nd.

They should rename the hairpin Kobayashi :p

He made the race.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
DaveEllis Wrote:
> You can change gearboxes between events (providing
> you don't go over the allocated amount, so he can
> just use an older one), but not after the event
> starts.

Just read it up online. A gear box has to do 4 races in a row you cannot go back to an old one like you can with the engine. If they cannot fix the gear box he will take another penalty.
If Lewis has a 5 grid spot penalty, Im sure the 1km straight in Korea will work in his favour!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: October 11, 2010 08:56AM
Posted by: chet
I really dont think Mclaren will have an addvantage, or be quicker than RBR, or Ferrari at Korea... It has got two long straights, but coupled with some quick corners and some slow. I really think it will be a perfect mix to provide close (on the stopwatch!) competition between all 3 top teams.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 11, 2010 09:37AM
Posted by: Ali
marcl Wrote:
>
> But what was clear today was RBR have the faster
> car but not by the gap they had.
>

Agreed, I though they were going to win with a bigger margin, but at the end, Red Bulls, Alonso and Lewis (until he had the problem) were lapping in similar times...

Fine race for RB considering this was a track they (and everybody) knew they would perform.
Great race from Alonso who is now running in Championship mode (5 podiums in the last 6 races...), consistent and without errors.
Great to see Lewis so fast until he had the problem (but again, he is failing at the worse moment)... and what the hell was that strategy that Jenson took!!!???

Now McLaren is a little bit far from the top considering there are only 3 races remaining. They depend on failures from the top 3.

We'll see.
Fantastic race, I really enjoyed it.

Vettel - I had the feeling it would be win or bust for him this weekend. Delivered under pressure, and now is a massive threat for the championship considering his raw pace advantage.
Webber - Solid drive once again, but needs to dominate at least one more race if he wants the championship
Schumacher - Good signs for 2011.
Kobayashi - Just awesome!

di Grassi - Not a good error to make at contract time
Petrov - A bit unlucky to be penalised considering a Sauber swerved in front of him causing him to over-react. Need to see an onboard video to clarify.
Massa - Not a good day, obviously. Squeezed a bit by Rosberg, but should havehad the experience to back off instead of over-flinching and going onto the grass. If Petrov was penalised, so should Massa - it should have been either or both.

X (@ed24f1)
Lewis will NOT get a 5 place drop. Source: BBC

[news.bbc.co.uk]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Kobayashi makes all the other drivers look like n00bs when they complain about it being difficult to overtake.

Webber was absent in the post-race celebrations.

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

[twitpic.com]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
With the standings as they are, if Alonso and Vettel crash into each other, Hamilton scores no more than 12 points and Button no more than 15 in Korea (with Webber winning), Webber would only need to be on the podium in Brazil to secure the title (unlikely, but as the British drivers are almost out of contention my support is with Webber).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2010 11:45AM by alexf1man.
Lol.... switching support to who you think is likely to win.... glory hunting bandwaggoning much?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy