Official Japanese Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mclarenaustralia 
rain rain rain!

Looks like there might not be any qualifying today.

They need to get covers like in cricket for times like this

Re: Official Japanese Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 09, 2010 07:15AM
Posted by: icky
I would much rather see some japanese inovation, Giant umbrellas!
Start delayed another 30 minutes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
one of the rare races where I can leisurely watch the qually on a sat afternoon and the water muffs it :(
Date: October 09, 2010 08:37AM
Posted by: LS.
You know your an F1 addict when your up at 4.30am to watch qualli, only to find it rained off so you watch 3rd practice session you've recorded just to get an F1 fix of cars driving around the track :p

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know your an F1 addict when your up at 4.30am
> to watch qualli, only to find it rained off so you
> watch 3rd practice session you've recorded just to
> get an F1 fix of cars driving around the track :p

I hear you mate, except for me it was at 1am,lol and watched the second Friday session, Its now 2:40 am and dont know if I want to go back to bed or stay up until I fall asleep at the PC or on the sofa.
I hope it rains tomorrow, not enough to cancel qualy, but enough to create a mix grid, where all the contenders start the race from the back and then we have an epic race
On the bright side, I'm refreshed after extra sleep.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Can someone put together some footage of the drivers and their boats that they were making?
Date: October 09, 2010 01:14PM
McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton has been penalised five places on the grid for Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix for changing his gearbox.

The ex-world champion incurred the penalty as his McLaren was fitted with a new gearbox when the previous one had not done the required four races

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 09, 2010 01:33PM
Lewis Hamilton’s weekend got a little worse tonight when McLaren confirmed that he needs a gearbox change before tomorrow’s qualifying.

He thus goes into the 10am session knowing that he will have a five-place grid penalty.

A team statement said: “In P3 today, we noticed abnormal gearbox oil pressure on Lewis’s car, which we believed we had corrected ahead of this afternoon’s qualifying session.

“This afternoon, as we fired up Lewis’s car several times in preparation for qualifying, we became aware that the symptoms were worse than we’d originally diagnosed, and a decision was later taken to change the gearbox ahead of tomorrow’s qualifying session and the Grand Prix.

“As a result, Lewis will receive a five-place grid penalty for tomorrow’s race.”

Hamilton did only a few laps yesterday after his morning crash and only ran briefly in the wet this morning.

LS's Tip of the week
Slash Wrote:
> I hope it rains tomorrow, not enough to cancel qualy, but enough to create a mix grid, where all the contenders start the race from the back and then we have an epic race.

Hamilton already has 5 place gearbox penalty, but unlike 2005 they don't go on track one at a time.
I reckon they should just put the results from the last race in reverse order. Yes it's a gimmick, but it would spice it up a bit.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 08:50PM by Incident 2k9.
If they cannot quali they should start in championship order not car number order.

Lewis is going to have a very hard time in this race, getting a 5 place penalty and not in the fastest car. Mclaren changed it after his crash as well, 2nd gear box problem in 5 races as well.

If Alonso and Webber finish ahead this weekend you have to feel this is between them 2, but if Vettel win then its game on for him as if he wins all the remaining races the title would be his no matter what the rest do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 05:26PM by marcl.
The other option is putting them in the order of the last race at the finish. Boring I know, but logistically I think it's easiest. But I think incident 2k9's idea is really nice!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
RED BULL

SAUBER

LOTUS

Date: October 09, 2010 07:22PM
Posted by: EC83
Or start them in reverse Championship order.

It's obviously a calculated risk as well to postpone quali - the forecast for tomorrow is good, but what if it rained all day like this again?

Date: October 09, 2010 07:38PM
Posted by: gav
Just for the UK guys who are hardcore, qualifying is on at 1:50am (10 min pre-show).

I'm not that hardcore any more, so I think my plan is to set my HTPC to record qualifying, then get up at around 5:30am to watch that while the race records, then start watching the race as soon as qualifying is finished.
Date: October 09, 2010 07:56PM
Posted by: EC83
Thanks for the heads-up on that, I was wondering if they were going to show the re-scheduled quali or not, good to hear they are. Since I'm likely going out tonight that puts me in kind of a dilemma - my local Union has computers that are online whenever the place is open, so I might try and watch it online there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy