2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 02, 2010 01:17PM
Posted by: marcl
I do not think Vettel was moaning yesterday, he simply did not understand what had happened as no one told him. Once he found out he admitted it was his own silly error and moved on. If anytthing he looked a bit embarrised about what had happened.
Date: August 02, 2010 04:12PM
Posted by: chet
Dave - its not that he's moaning as such. its that he's moaning at something blindingly obvious that was his fault. He admitted it, and thats good but how clueless was he? Even I knew he'd get a penalty (at least hoped for a good race!) how did he not realize? I was also confused as to why he was not up Webber's arse from the go? I saw him pass the S/F line well behind, then even at the last few corners he was. He didnt seem to want to close the gap :s

He knew the situation of Webber not pitting, therefore had he got past at the restart (best chance?) Seb would have nailed an easy win. Instead for some odd reason he let Webber vanish and cost himself the easiest 25 points he'll get this season imo. To me it was like he was moaning at the team(??) or the FIA(??).

For the record, I loved his "crazy" gesture at Webber in Turkey. Goes down as a picture for 2010 ;-)!

Im all for moaning, if it's justified but this was pretty silly.

I cant remember ever commenting on lewis, but ill agree with you. He often moans about such silly things. Jenson's even worse though! I certainly wouldnt call it a character trait, id call Vettel's moment being pretty dim and not thinking about why, and as with JB and Lewis, well they're moaners, simple as.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 02, 2010 04:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Dave - its not that he's moaning as such. its that he's moaning at something blindingly obvious that was his fault.

No different to Lewis on the radio at Valencia. Or Lewis at Albert Park. There is a LOT of moaning goes on from every driver - but it tends to get ignored depending on who the topic of conversation is. Alonso and Vettel are public enemies at the moment, so everybodies notices when they moan.

I was also confused as to why he was not up Webber's arse from the go? I saw him pass the S/F line well behind, then even at the last few corners he was. He didnt seem to want to close the gap :s

He knew the situation of Webber not pitting, therefore had he got past at the restart (best chance?) Seb would have nailed an easy win. Instead for some odd reason he let Webber vanish and cost himself the easiest 25 points he'll get this season imo. To me it was like he was moaning at the team(??) or the FIA(??).

Nah, think about it. Why run after Webber? The RBR Strategy (which i still think was GENIUS) was to pit Vettel from the lead (almost failed, great reactions from Vettel) and leave Webber out. It seemed like they were screwing Webber, but they knew he'd be good enough to build the lead. Having Vettel hasseling Webber could provide nothing good. He might have passed him, but it didn't matter. All Vettel had to do is keep within 15 seconds of Webber (which he was doing), and beat Alonso (which he was doing) and he'd get the lead when Webber pitted, and if Webber had gotten the gap to Alonso (which he did), then he'd slot between them. Easy!

There was no need for Vettel to push at all, because he had it in the bag. The problem there is not pushing is not the same as falling asleep. But he's still a young guy. He's still at the start of his career, and he still lets his emotion get the best of him at times - but all the greats did (not saying Vettel is one of the greats, just using an example). RBR played it PERFECTLY. Vettel less so. But like most drivers, he has to have it explained to him what he did wrong. When that had happened (and RBR didn't do it on the radio, as we seen/heard), he was more accepting and apologised.

Also note that despite not having had it explained to him yet, he waved to Webber on the slow down lap, and then got up specifically to shake his hand (getting up being a sign of respect alone) when Webber entered the room, and then on the Forum we seen him spraying Webber with campaign, with a smile that looked far less forced than say, Silverstone. The relationship between them seems much healthier than before, and I think thats partly helped by the spotlight now being on Ferrari.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2010 05:12PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
ms says he is sorry if Rubens Barrichello felt he had been put in danger by his blocking manoeuvre at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 02, 2010 05:17PM
Clever wording. He is sorry if Rubens felt in danger. He isn't sorry for doing it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2010 05:24PM
^Yep agree.

And tbh he did to seem that fussed after the race, he looked calm and relaxed so whatever really. Due to the slating he has got today all over the world he has had to say something, its just PR tbh.
Date: August 02, 2010 07:36PM
Posted by: EC83
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Poor little Seb looked like a spoilt little brat
> on the podium, that had dropped his lolly pop in
> the dirt, and he was to never get it
> back....awwwwwwwwww, poor boy.

I'm getting sick and tired of reading biased crap like this about Vettel whenever he acts like a human being and shows a bit of emotion. It's like the stupid comments made straight after the race about Lewis apparently acting more mature than Vettel does when things go against him... LMAO! It's a while since I've read such BS.

If he feels like he's been robbed of a race win, he'll look and be unhappy. Why shouldn't he? He's not a spoilt brat or a sore loser, he's human.

rapid_f1 Wrote:
> ms says he is sorry if Rubens Barrichello felt he
> had been put in danger by his blocking manoeuvre
> at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Yep, and I'd say it's about as empty as apologies get - judging by the wording, as has already been said. It comes across as quite patronising too in a way.

Date: August 02, 2010 08:45PM
I actually felt sorry for vettel tbh, yes he broke the rule but it would have changed nothing in the race. It did not cause any danger to anyone behind he did not slam his brakes on or anything like that. Alonso would not have jumped webber after his pit stop as vettel did not cost him 6 seconds.

So you get a penalty for dropping to far back but no penalty for what button done in china that nearly caused a crash.
Date: August 02, 2010 09:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Let's be honest, Vettel was a bit ungracious in defeat. Making hand gestures at race control, ploughing into the No. 3 sign in parc fermé, and chucking his cap on the floor on the podium doesn't exactly spell sportsmanship. He didn't even wait to congratulate Webber, who hadn't even got out the car when Alonso shook his hand.

Anyone notice Webber's sigh when Vettel was arguing with Herbie Blash before getting on the podium?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 02, 2010 10:05PM
He wanted to know what was going on, and tbh I thought it was funny when he hit the sign.

Yes I heard Webber do that as well :)

I can see why he was upset though, he beat himself in the race. By the time they got to the team celebration he was fine.
Date: August 02, 2010 10:18PM
Posted by: danm
Schummi needs to watch some youtube.

5:30 > 6:25

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 10:19PM by danm.
Date: August 02, 2010 10:36PM
Posted by: gav
LMAO - I hadn't seen that before. :D

The Germans do like to give the finger to their competitors. :D
Date: August 02, 2010 11:22PM
Posted by: EC83
LOL too, I hadn't seen that either :P Quality clip!

And yep, it does seem like a German thing - remember Frentzen at Adelaide '95 and the A1-Ring in '97.

Just remembered - Vettel isn't the first driver to do a gesture like that while serving a drive-thru; remember Panis at Sepang 2004.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 11:24PM by EC83.
Date: August 02, 2010 11:35PM
Let's be honest, Vettel was a bit ungracious in defeat. Making hand gestures at race control, ploughing into the No. 3 sign in parc fermé, and chucking his cap on the floor on the podium doesn't exactly spell sportsmanship. He didn't even wait to congratulate Webber, who hadn't even got out the car when Alonso shook his hand.

Ok I need to pick you up on several points.

Lots of people make gestures at Race Control. Remember Montoya? He spent most of his time doing it. Ploughing into the #3 sign? Like Brundle said - you can't see the tip of your car. And it's been done before. Didn't even wait to congratulate Webber? What, apart from standing up the moment he entered the room to shake his hand (a sign of respect), and then during the BBC Forum we seen him holding Webber on his shoulders with a mechanic (may have been an engineer but I don't know the RBR team, it wasn't Horner, Rocky or Adrian, who were behind them at the time), and before that spraying Webber with champaign.

So yeah, I'm sorry but I'm tired of people picking faults where there is none. The only time Vettel looked unhappy is before he knew what the violation was. RBR did not explain what he did on the radio, simply told him to get on with it. Only after the podium was it explained why, and by that time he'd already shaken Webbers hand before he spoke to the FIA steward who entered the room. Had he lost the race himself then I have a feeling he might have been a bit less angry. But as far as he was concerned at the time, he'd just gotten a race win 'stolen' from him, and had no idea why. In that situation EVERY driver, including Webber, Lewis, Alonso, Jenson and Massa would be doing the same thing.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2010 11:51AM
Posted by: SpaceAce

hahaha

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: August 03, 2010 12:10PM
Posted by: shep34
DaveEllis Wrote:

> I'm sorry but I'm tired of people picking
> faults where there is none.

Well get over it, and move on.....

>The only time Vettel
> looked unhappy is before he knew what the
> violation was. RBR did not explain what he did on
> the radio, simply told him to get on with it. Only
> after the podium was it explained why, and by that
> time he'd already shaken Webbers hand before he
> spoke to the FIA steward who entered the room. Had
> he lost the race himself then I have a feeling he
> might have been a bit less angry. But as far as he
> was concerned at the time, he'd just gotten a race
> win 'stolen' from him, and had no idea why. In
> that situation EVERY driver, including Webber,
> Lewis, Alonso, Jenson and Massa would be doing the
> same thing.

Vettel DID lose the race himself. He broke the rules (as obscure as they might have been - i wonder if all the drivers knew that rule???) and cost himself the win. The strategy was going to play into his hands, and he would have comfortably won the race. But, he stuffed up, and yes, RBR probably should have told him what had happened (perhaps they did, and we didn't hear it?). Vettel simply lost the race by his own lack of awareness, both of the rules, and the current state of the race. Its that simple.
I personally don't like Vettel, as he comes across as a spoilt little brat. Yes, he is a good driver, yes he will win lots of races, and I will admire him for that. However I don't feel the need to hide any joy in seeing Vettel sook it up on the podium, and portray himself as a childish sore loser. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and accept the consequences. And yes, I am fully aware that can be quite hard to do just minutes after completing an F1 race, or any competitive sport one may have just partipated in. All I am saying, is that Seb did not portray himself in a very good way....
But seriously DaveEllis, I think you are taking this all way too seriously....
Date: August 03, 2010 03:19PM
But seriously DaveEllis, I think you are taking this all way too seriously....

Or maybe I have a very low tolerance for idiots who can't read posts or apply the same standards to each driver.

SpaceAce, the problem with what Vettel (And Webber) did is they left a TIGHT bit of room. But they DID leave a cars width. Michael did not. He continued moving over when Rubens was alongside him and only the pit wall ending was what stopped a massive accident. Vettel and Webber knew where the limit was, and went to it and stopped. Michael knew where the limit was, made a decision to go beyond that, and then refused to admit defeat.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2010 04:08PM
Posted by: Morbid

While beating up Marsellus, Butch said
You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride FUCKIN' with you! You gotta fight through that @#$%&!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 03, 2010 04:15PM
MS would have come out worse had they touch, he would have spun off to the right and hit that other wall and probably go over it.

When I see the pictures it just makes it look worse.

And yes vettel was out of order in Germnay but how fast were they going at the start compared to this at 180. There was just no need for MS to do that. I am still shocked he got no penalty in Canada for putting Kubica on the grass when he came out the pits.
Date: August 03, 2010 04:31PM
Posted by: chet
Morbid Wrote:
> [www.thisisgav.co.uk]
> 010.jpg
>
>
> You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride
> FUCKIN' with you! You gotta fight through that
> @#$%&!
>

haha brilliant !!

nothing ive seen in a long while has been worse than that incident.

What if this was a rookie? His first year in F1? How would he be judged?

I dont think a 10-place penalty is harsh enough. Besides, with his recent form I doubt it'll make a difference!

The good thing to take from this is that Rubens has performed one of the best overtakes of the year, and on MS :p fresh tyres or no fresh tyres I bet that felt good for Rubens, to put one over like that on MS :p despite his best efforts to put him in the wall.

edit - LOL Dan!!!!

also, same old ;)

0.15-0.20

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 04:37PM by chet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy