2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 01, 2010 05:42PM
Posted by: Slash
Michael says he left too much room because Rubens managed to get past... lol

i don't remember Massa going crazy and crying out loud when Webber tried this... and no penalty for him either... a warning should've been enough...

but ofcourse being as dangerous as it could be, a new rule to prevent cars from switching lanes when reaching the pit exit should be implemented as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 05:43PM by Slash.
Date: August 01, 2010 05:43PM
Posted by: EC83
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 10 grid drop for Michael confirmed.

Awesome.
Will there be any point in him doing any quali laps at Spa? :P

Date: August 01, 2010 05:47PM
Renault fined for 50000 dollars, and Mercedez as well.... for me Mercedez should've been fined with twice or more
Date: August 01, 2010 05:52PM
Posted by: gav
mitadumapaga
it is too harsh however :( too harsh ;(

Alesi no1
That looks like a cars width to me^,Ridiculous decision by the stewards!

It is a cars width, but he's not only pushed him beyond the confines of the race track, but beyond the pit wall

What would have happened had a car been leaving the pits? HUGE accident.

What would have happened had they collided? At least 1 airborne car, potentially wheels everywhere, a narrowing track (so Kubica Montreal style accident).

This isn't just about what is fair and what is not, you have to consider the safety of not only the drivers, but the marshals and spectators.
Date: August 01, 2010 05:58PM
gav Wrote:
> > it is too harsh however :( too harsh ;(
>
>
>
> That looks like a cars width to me^,Ridiculous
> decision by the stewards!
>
>
> It is a cars width, but he's not only pushed him
> beyond the confines of the race track, but beyond
> the pit wall
>
> What would have happened had a car been leaving
> the pits? HUGE accident.
>
> What would have happened had they collided? At
> least 1 airborne car, potentially wheels
> everywhere, a narrowing track (so Kubica Montreal
> style accident).
>
> This isn't just about what is fair and what is
> not, you have to consider the safety of not only
> the drivers, but the marshals and spectators.

yes, but gav, these moves have never ever been penalised, as dangerous as they've been, this is not the first one, nor the most dangerous we've seen

i think Barrichellos complaints and MS "the bad guy" had a lot more weight on this penalty than anything else
Date: August 01, 2010 06:01PM
And at no point has anyone in F1 been pushed within half an inch of the wall.

I don't agree that those incidents didn't deserve punishment, but rules and standards (and perhaps reputations) change. Today was a step too far.
Date: August 01, 2010 06:07PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i never seen the mark webber/massa one in the top vid bloody hell that was close!

looking at it again that def deserved a penalty too.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 06:08PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 01, 2010 06:11PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
As a sidenote, it was nice to see Sauber get a double points finish in their 300th GP.

In particular, nice to see de la Rosa get some points - he has been terribly unlucky this year.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 01, 2010 06:11PM
Posted by: marcl
There have been a few over the years thats for sure but as I said they now look closer.
Date: August 01, 2010 06:16PM
Posted by: danm
Difference between the Webber-Massa move and Schummi-Rubens:

Webber was already over halfway across the track defending his line when he was only at the back half of the gridlines. By halfway, he was pretty much right on the far side, come the pole spot, he was definitely on the right side of the track. We knew what he was doing long in advance. It was a smooth glide, and I expect he didn't think Massa would be in that space between until the latter stages. It was a move kinda like block him from diving in the slipstream.

Schumacher swerved way, way, way later and purposely towards the oncoming Rubens - check the sudden head movement. It wasn't smooth, and it wasn't smart. Absolutely outrageous. Rather than smoothly slide across and block the inside line, Schumacher darted at the last minute. I think this may have exaggerated it all, but it was still vicious.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 01, 2010 06:16PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Thats what iam saying about ms getting a penalty being ridiculous,as u can see from these videos its been happenin for years,so why wait till ms does it then hand out grid penalties?As i said ridiculous!
Date: August 01, 2010 06:20PM
Because MS's move was downright dirty and FAR more targetted than the Massa example. And for what, 10th place!? (not that places mean you can driver nastier).

Date: August 01, 2010 06:21PM
I think MS has got off rather lightly over the years, so I doubt his fans can complain that he's been hit a bit harder than they expected here.

As I've said, yes, it's gone on, but at no point in F1 has someone been shoved within half an inch of the pit wall.
Date: August 01, 2010 06:23PM
To add, the Alonso/Webber jaguar clip - notice the guy in front, as with the Webber/Massa clip, neither of the lead drivers rapidly dart like a bluebottle.

It's the guy behind doing all the rapid manouvering / choosing direction and chasing.

Schummi did the dart like he was the one behind.

The more I rewatch and think about it the more my opinion drops.

Date: August 01, 2010 06:29PM
danm Wrote:
> To add, the Alonso/Webber jaguar clip - notice the
> guy in front, as with the Webber/Massa clip,
> neither of the lead drivers rapidly dart like a
> bluebottle.
>
> It's the guy behind doing all the rapid
> manouvering / choosing direction and chasing.
>
> Schummi did the dart like he was the one behind.
>
> The more I rewatch and think about it the more my
> opinion drops.

one can have different views, for me Michael was more than halfway to the right before Rubens starts his move... check slow mo, is a lot more reliable than those pictures...
Date: August 01, 2010 06:38PM
Slash
check slow mo, is a lot more reliable than those pictures...

Why? MS and Rubens were doing 180mph+. Why should we watch it in slow motion (I have anyway of course and it's even more damning in my opinion).

As I've said, this isn't so much about whether this is fair or not, but more how bloody dangerous it was.
Date: August 01, 2010 06:52PM
pictures in several websites show Rubens touching the wall, which he never did

i'm not arguing how dangerous it was, but it's been done before, and no one has been penalised for it
didn't rubens himself tried it against hamilton last year?
Date: August 01, 2010 06:53PM
Posted by: EC83
That vid just goes to show how reckless and irresponsible MS was. Had the pitwall continued for a few more metres, Rubens would have been squeezed into it and there would've been one hell of an accident. It was only by pure chance that he didn't cause one, and he seems not to give a sh*t about it either.

As said already - there have been other not dissimilar incidents in the past, but this has taken it to a whole new level. It was bloody close, and bloody scary.

Date: August 01, 2010 07:16PM
Just the watched the onboard frame-by-frame, just intending to see how close Rubens got to the wall, and he actually has to steer towards Schumacher as he thinks he's going to hit the wall... I'm sorry, but this can be in no way defended.

Date: August 01, 2010 07:19PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
certainly a penalty was needed for ms, i didnt doubt him coming back but i do now.

if he has a bad few races at the start of 2011 i can really see him being re-placed halfway thu the season which would be the ultimate shame for a 7 time world champ. why o why did he come back? to risk further dent to his rep? surely he must have known that unless brawn built a miracle car, he was never gonna beat alonso, vettel, lewis and the others after being 3 years out.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy