Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 31, 2010 03:39PM
Posted by: EC83
Anyone else notice Lewis has picked up a trans-Atlantic accent? LOL :D

Date: July 31, 2010 03:55PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Wot the fook went wrong with schuey??he was miles behind rosberg,very disapointing :(
Date: July 31, 2010 04:35PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i have no ideeeeea! :x
and the worst thing is, that he said in an interview after the qualy, that they were trying different setups in todays practise session compared to yesterday because they had NO IDEEEEAAAAA !!!! how to go faster.
.8 is huuuuge margin ! andfrom the dirty side of the track :(. i guess schumis only hope is rain really. button won from p14 4 years ago :)
so who knows
Date: July 31, 2010 05:55PM
Basically, new team + out of practise + very different F1 to 2006 + horrible car = what we see with MS. I think. I still don't personally think he's lost anything.

Date: July 31, 2010 05:58PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Strange,usually ms can drive round these sort of problems,being a huge fan of his am starting to think this comeback is a failure,hes had 12 races now and there running out of excuses..:(
Date: July 31, 2010 06:17PM
What needs to be remembered too is that the car problems he used to always drive around were minor compared to his situation in the Merc. Before he always had a fundamentally front-running car which sometimes had the blips and temporary problems during its development, during which it was off the pace. The Merc is fundamentally a slow and difficult car which belongs in the midfield, and occasionally but rarely annoys the top teams. MS never had to deal with a car like this during his Benetton or Ferrari years. In that respect, he's been in uncharted territory this season.

Date: July 31, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: marcl
MS went for a setup gamble that did not work, he is hoping it will go better in the race.

I dont think he is the same driver at all the car cannot not that bad Nico is finding some speed in the car. Sorry I think MS is under performing and as I said before if it was anyone else in the car the team would drop them. I am sure in a car built for him where his team mate can also run 2nd he will be fine. This is now the longest time MS has been without a front row start, without a top 3 finish.
Date: July 31, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: kubica2
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Basically, new team + out of practise + very
> different F1 to 2006 + horrible car = what we see
> with MS. I think. I still don't personally think
> he's lost anything.

Baically, $30million a year, more then any other driver in f1, drivers being paid 1/15th his salary are doing a better job, 1/3 the points of kubica in a renault, half the points of his teammate, 14th in q2 while his teammate 5th in q2. nah hasnt lost anything.
Date: July 31, 2010 08:21PM
Posted by: chet
What is his pay?

If it is £30mil ill be ashamed at the team for not wanting to pay JB £8mil lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 31, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: Slash
kubica2 Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Basically, new team + out of practise + very
> > different F1 to 2006 + horrible car = what we
> see
> > with MS. I think. I still don't personally
> think
> > he's lost anything.
>
>
> Baically, $30million a year, more then any other
> driver in f1, drivers being paid 1/15th his salary
> are doing a better job, 1/3 the points of kubica
> in a renault, half the points of his teammate,
> 14th in q2 while his teammate 5th in q2. nah hasnt
> lost anything.

the amount of money they earned is not only based on performance, but popularity as well, Schumacher, being who he is, can make twice as anyone on the grid in merchandising alone, he knows that and his manager as well as probably every team on the grid.
i think the amount he earns a year is 7 million and the merchandising is all his... i don't know where the 30 million comes from, but if a team recieves any part on merchandising wouldn't be a bad idea... remember, there's manegement, even in motorsports
Date: July 31, 2010 09:11PM
kubica2 Wrote:
> Baically, $30million a year, more then any other
> driver in f1, drivers being paid 1/15th his salary
> are doing a better job, 1/3 the points of kubica
> in a renault, half the points of his teammate,
> 14th in q2 while his teammate 5th in q2. nah hasnt
> lost anything.

EC83 Wrote:
> What needs to be remembered too is that the car
> problems he used to always drive around were minor
> compared to his situation in the Merc.

That, plus the other factors I pointed out above. Oh, and the fact he'll be staying on for at least one more season with Merc and they aren't looking to replace him.

Date: July 31, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: Slash
about his performance today.. mmmmmmm, not entirely convinced, his best lap the whole weekend was Q2, 2 tenths faster than FP2... that doesn't say much does it?.. setup gamble? it might've work in 2005 but it certainly didn't today... i tought i was going to see a faster Michael today but i feel quite gutted, of course there's room for improvement, he's been making great starts since australia and tomorrow shouldn't be different.. i hope he makes some progress through the race

the "flexi" wings row... Brawn is being dimplomatic, Witmarsh seems frustrated, but wings were declared legal, Red Bull and Ferrari found a way trhough, just like they did with the diffuser and the fduct, is just clever design, i don't understand why they put FIA under pressure

"if we cant figure it out it means is illegal" it seems to me they think that way
Date: July 31, 2010 09:27PM
i think he lack consistency as well. for example he was right there with nico at hockenheim, canada, valencia (in terms of pace). but on other occasions he just seems paainfully slow.
just like today. i felt so frustrated, really. the last 2 minutes of Q2 i was only monitoring the time sheets hoping that he will shine and probably goes up to 7-8-9 th but unfortunatelly.... :(. sure the problem is also related to the big standards he has set ,but what i really miss in schumacher is the way he was out out-performing an underperforming car.
in this aspect i will NEVER forget the qualyfying in shanghai 2006. Schumi was the only bridgestone runner in top 10 and the next one was 8 positions or so behind !!!!
i still have my hopes for spa and monza mostly, suzuka as well.
P.S. at hungary schumi is maybe just not so good. 2003 and 2006 he was really slow there. lapped by a renault in 203 and making 100 accidents in 2006.
and i personally dont see the point in making good setup for the race here in Hungary. overtaking is nearly impossible so qualy is everything ! and in the interviews on RTL he was smiling after that qualy.... how is it possible :( :( :(
Date: July 31, 2010 09:31PM
and, Slash i fully understand what you mean with "gutted" . the last time i felt like this was when his tyre in brasil suffered a puncture in '06.
Date: July 31, 2010 09:40PM
Well now they don't seem to think it's the wing, they now recon it's the floor so god knows. Tbh though regardless of what it is everyone can see the wing on the ground and I for one did not think that was right. No idea what tests can be done but the rules only seem to cover the cars whilst not on track at speed.
Date: July 31, 2010 09:45PM
Posted by: Frantic
i said it before and i say it again: MS isnt driving the 2010 Mercedes like he used to drive the 1996 Ferrari...
I think MS will be back in 2011: De la Rosa said earlier this year that he (De La Rosa) would need 1 year to get used to the new cars, and now he isnt struggling like in the beginning of the season. MS has been 3 years without driving a F1 car (except for 1 or 2 times in 2007 and 2008), and Pedro was almost 1 year with the testing ban. Everyone knows MS is better tan DLR, but MS has been more time than DLR whitout activity, so may he needs more time to get used to this F1.

anyway, im sure he will make some good things in Spa, just like Kimi used to do.

Date: July 31, 2010 09:52PM
Posted by: rapid_f1

good pic from another forum. The reference plane is the top of plank which is 10mm thick. No bodywork should ever pass below the height of the reference plane.

[www.pistonheads.com]

also remember the mclaren briidge wing that used to close up at speed and then open up again at corners.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 09:55PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 31, 2010 09:54PM
Merc will not be that good in Spa or Monza though the car lacks straight line speed.

By now MS should be up to speed, winters testing and a good number or races. Even my mates who are MS fans are hoping next year will be better. Or maybe he does need a car and tyres made 100% for him with the team 100% behind him only, he is going down in peoples thoughts tbh. It is really damaging for him and if next year is no better then what then?

In 1993 Senna done what 2 tests in the car which was the 1st time they had narrow tyres and was straight away on the pace.

By now MS should be on the pace of Nico and he is way off the gap is bigger now than the start of the year.
Date: July 31, 2010 10:13PM
Posted by: gav
rapid_f1
No bodywork should ever pass below the height of the reference plane.

And where is that stated in the rules?

Even if it was in the rules, you couldn't possibly regulate it. You can't penalise 2 teams because their wings look closer to the ground than others. They clearly are lower than when they where measured in parc ferme, yet all the teams are - McLaren included. You'd have to factor in bumps (when the front wheels are in a dip), lateral pitch (which you can clearly see on all the shots, be they photos or slow-mo replays) and longitudinal pitch and dip. It would be impossible to regulation it under the current regulations - frankly it would be a minefield even with laser measuring devices.

All the regulations state is that the front wing is within certain parameters when static (with and without loading). Until that changes, it's case closed.
Date: July 31, 2010 10:20PM
As I said before its not the wing that is meant to be flexing now, they seem to think its the floor even though I dont see how this would do that.

Yes Gav I agree about the bumps and all that which is why rbr have been seen sanding the wings down as they are rubbing on them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy