Guess who's back....Mosley!

Posted by Covfan 
Guess who's back....Mosley!
Date: May 29, 2010 04:00PM
Posted by: Covfan

Max Mosley has attempted to gatecrash Ferrari's 800th Grand prix celebrations by accusing them of attempting to fix the results of FIA hearings.

Mosley, who stepped down from the role of FIA President last year, accused Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo of trying to peruade the FIA to swing the results in favour of the Italian team.

Most recently at the start of 2009 when the double-diffuser row erupted.

"Luca does have this silly idea that if it is Ferrari then it is okay," Mosley told the Daily Mail.

"When we had all this stuff about the double-diffuser he was on the phone every day saying, 'You have got to sort out the Court of Appeal and make sure we win'.

"He didn't put it as baldly as that but that is what he said. I said, 'Luca, I'm sorry but first of all they wouldn't take any notice and secondly I am not going to do it'. Icouldn't.

"He took that quite personally. He honestly thought I would."

Mosley also spoke about the barge board incident of the 1999 Malaysian GP when Micheal Schumacher and Eddie Irvine were disqualified.

"Ferrari won that appeal quite rightly on the technicality," Mosley explained.

"Two years later I was at the Turin Motor Show and I was invited into a little area where the Fiat [Ferrari's parent company] people were and Gianni Agnelli [Fiat owner] himself came up to me.

"He said, 'Thank you so much for what you did over the barge boards'.

"He honestly thought it had been fixed."

Ferrari haven't commented on the accusations, simply saying: "We don't want to make any comment. It is better to look ahead and not waste time talking about what is - luckily - old and gone."

Anyway, thoughts on this? Mosley trying to rock the boat but I love the Ferrari reply :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 04:02PM by Covfan.
Re: Guess who's back....Mosley!
Date: May 29, 2010 04:24PM
Posted by: gav
Doesn't sound like Mosely to be honest. I just can't picture him saying "When we had all this stuff about the double-diffuser"... "stuff" isn't the sort of word Mosely uses.

And it's the Daily Mail.

So either it's the usual Daily Mail, or he has a book coming out.
Date: May 29, 2010 04:28PM
Posted by: Covfan
Good point, although for the Daily Mail they've managed to avoid mentioning someone being banned from wearing an England shirt in case it offends minorities. Well done to them.
Date: May 29, 2010 04:47PM
Posted by: mortal
That reminds me of a comment I read recently about what is the definition of being politically correct? The answer is picking up dog poo from the clean end....go figure.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 01, 2010 04:50PM
Posted by: RebelWithoutaCause
Mosley will die in 2012.
Date: June 01, 2010 05:07PM
Posted by: Nickv
We all will.
Date: June 01, 2010 05:15PM
Posted by: senna9194
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We all will.

no.just you and max

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 02, 2010 05:48PM
Posted by: mcdo
I'll pay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy