2010 Formula One season [Huge update on page one]

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2010 Formula One season
Date: February 17, 2010 07:30PM
Posted by: Frantic
i heard rumours about Windsor saying that they could not finish the car to run in the 1st race and that Chad Hurley from YouTube had left the team and hes going to Campos...
another thing I´ve heard is that would be possible a fussion between Campos and USF1 :O, and that would make easier to Stefan Gp to race

EDIT: quite obviously, but if the fusion between Campos and USF1 happens, the drivers would be Bruno Senna and Jose Maria Lopez.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 07:32PM by Frantic.
Date: February 17, 2010 09:27PM
Posted by: J i m
I don't see that happening tbh.

Although... hilariously a USF1 building is up for sale.

Rumours keep on popping up about Campos making an imminent announcement about investors, but each time there's only been silence. I'd like to say that no news is good news, but it just isn't.

Date: February 17, 2010 10:27PM
more news about USF1, from Corsa Magazine, one of most importants racing magazines here in Argentina. They spoke with Peter Windsor on the phone. He did not said yes or no to the rumours but he said they are still working, he was about to enter a very important meeting and that next saturday there is a critical meeting for the USF1 Team...

Date: February 17, 2010 10:56PM
Posted by: msater
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EDIT: quite obviously, but if the fusion between
> Campos and USF1 happens, the drivers would be
> Bruno Senna and Jose Maria Lopez.

Two rookies then, not ideal :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 18, 2010 12:24AM
Posted by: chet
Both these teams are complete jokes and should never have been selected.

Neither team has a solid foundation of funding, did the FIA somehow miss that off their checklist when short-listing teams?

What a total farce. I would rather see these teams not make and have a field of quality. Yeah, okay Dallara should cough up a good car, but if Campos cant afford development then its just gonna go backwards.

A fusion between the two? What will that result in? A Dallara car run by the prick Windsor?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 18, 2010 12:27AM
Posted by: Slash
what will they fusion?

they seem to have nothing...
i wanted to see them in Bahrain but with 2 weeks to flight the cars i really think they won't make it...

some teams have their cars on track right now and aren't ready to race a GP.. how will they?

nobody is expecting them to fight for wins, but i rather not see them in the grid in bahrain with some mickey mouse cars that won't start a GP.. how disrespectfull!
Date: February 18, 2010 12:32AM
You have to remember that Max Mosley was pretty much still in charge when the teams were selected.

And on the face of it... you would have thought that both Lola (who at time of selection already had models in the wind tunnel) and Prodrive would have been stronger entries than all Virgin, Lotus, USF1 and Campos.

God only knows what Max was smoking, but he's probably having a good ol giggle to himself right about now.

At least Virgin and Lotus look like being tidy little teams though :)

Date: February 18, 2010 12:39AM
Even epsilon euskadi who ahve the facilites and of course the famed sergio rinland ;-)!

when the lotus is shown i just love how everyone in the pitlane is getting a good look, nad the williams mechanic and a few others get a close look at the diffuser!

Date: February 18, 2010 12:58AM
Posted by: tripleM
chet Wrote:
> Both these teams are complete jokes and should
> never have been selected.
>
> Neither team has a solid foundation of funding,
> did the FIA somehow miss that off their checklist
> when short-listing teams?

Ah, but they have youtube or so ive been told

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: February 18, 2010 01:43AM
Now I listened Ecclestone likes the fusion idea... I think its because with that Stefan Gp will race without having to pull to an entry... and I think they would be something interesting... Campos needs money, and Jose Maria Lopez has US$ 8000000 and Chad Hurley would join Campos too... so... CampUs F1?

Anyway, I still think Mosley is a moron because he dropped professional structures like Lola/Prodrive/Epsilon and he had chosen the teams that had a deal with Cosworth

Date: February 18, 2010 06:39AM
Posted by: danm
HAHAHAHA! PATHETIC! All talk...

''US F1 could skip 2010 season''

[f1.gpupdate.net]

The US F1 team could decide not to compete in Formula 1 this year, according to reports in the Argentinean press on Tuesday. It is also believed that driver José María López could now switch to the Campos team as US F1 sponsor YouTube engages in discussions with the Spanish outfit.

With the futures of Campos and US F1 both having rumoured as uncertain for several months, not least by F1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone, Argentina's sole driver for the 2010 season could now switch to Campos and join fellow South American debutant Bruno Senna.

López was signed by US F1 last month.

According to several reports in Argentina's newspapers, US F1 joint-owner Peter Windsor has informed the father of López that the Charlotte-based operation may miss its first three races and possibly the entire season.

Furthermore, Germany's Motorsport Total claims that YouTube founder Chad Hurley, the primary investor in the US F1 team, has met in London with José Ramón Carabante of Campos and Felipe McCough - Manager of López - with a view to switching the former GP2 driver to the Madrid squad.

The possible absence of US F1 could also open the door for Serbian hopefuls Stefan GP - new owners of several Toyota F1 chassis, engines and gearboxes - which claim that they are ready to race, should a position on the grid become available.

-----------

I say bring on StefanGP! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2010 06:41AM by danm.
Date: February 18, 2010 07:46AM
Anf it looks like Chandhok will be the number 2, with Nakajima No.1!

Date: February 18, 2010 08:30AM
Posted by: alonso0506
danm schrieb:
> Anf it looks like Chandhok will be the number 2,
> with Nakajima No.1!

Hey man I dont think so cause Motorsport-Total writes that one of the all time greats is going to drive at Stefan GP take a look homes JV Comeback
:-o(H):-):-):-):-):-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: February 18, 2010 11:56AM
A sponsor pull out has cost Parente his "test" driver role at Virgin.

I doubt he was going to get much track time, but I guess it's still a bitter pill because he's also left without much of a budget to do anything else.

Date: February 18, 2010 12:39PM
There's also the now almost daily "Imminent announcement" due from Campus.

Today Autosport think Carbonte are going to take over the team, with Kolles and Willis in on temp contracts to sort out the management and technical direction. Adrian Campos possibly out on his ear.

As ever all sorts of random whisperings going on, will believe when we see something official.

Date: February 18, 2010 01:07PM
Posted by: senninho
J i m Wrote:
> You have to remember that Max Mosley was pretty
> much still in charge when the teams were
> selected.
>
> And on the face of it... you would have thought
> that both Lola (who at time of selection already
> had models in the wind tunnel) and Prodrive would
> have been stronger entries than all Virgin, Lotus,
> USF1 and Campos.
>
> God only knows what Max was smoking, but he's
> probably having a good ol giggle to himself right
> about now.
>
> At least Virgin and Lotus look like being tidy
> little teams though :)

My thoughts exactly. I did sense that politics are half the reason Prodrive didn't get an entry.

Date: February 18, 2010 02:15PM
Posted by: EC83
Credit to all those here who were sceptical about USF1 from the start. We're now so close to the start of the new season that a fusion looks like the only way of either them or Campos getting any cars onto the grid.

Date: February 18, 2010 05:06PM
Our of the three, Campos, USF1 and StefanGP, only Stefan will make it.

Prodrive must surely we given a ring for 2011, if VW are thinking of coming in too, now THAT would be a good collaboration!

Date: February 18, 2010 05:50PM
but David Richards was going to be with Aston Martin, wasn´t he?

Date: February 18, 2010 05:53PM
EC83 Wrote:
> Credit to all those here who were sceptical about
> USF1 from the start. We're now so close to the
> start of the new season that a fusion looks like
> the only way of either them or Campos getting any
> cars onto the grid.

tbh i think everyone was sceptical. As it got closer, i kinda believed they would make it, but over the last 2 weeks or so thats gone to sh*t.

As ive always said, i love the idea, and concept of a US f1 team. Windsor went on about how if Europe can do it, so can the US, and he's right, the US can make awesome racing cars. The days of Penske/Reynard/Lola designing and making the CART cars in UK are loooong gone. US can fully do it.... One problem, they should never have got a prick like Windsor to make it happen. USF1 minus Windsor and Anderson would be a much better off team IMO. Get someone in there who can manage.

Nobody expected Campos to suffer like they have. With Spain interest in F1 at an all time high I expected this team would be sailing through right now with sponsorship deals. Its a shame aswell because has this whole mess compramised a great GP2 team??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy