Posted by: danm
Crikey, that must be SOME funding! :O

[f1.gpupdate.net]

[f1.gpupdate.net]

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: USGP Youtube Deal
Date: August 20, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: EC83
Wow, that's something of a landmark. How it rates in the overall scheme of things RE F1 sponsorship history I don't know, but it has to be significant. I don't remember any website being the title sponsor of F1 team before; surely, this could open the floodgates.

Date: August 20, 2009 09:42PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, definitely a coup for the team!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 20, 2009 10:10PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Yeah, good imagination from USF1, and it (literally) paid off, so props to them.

Date: August 20, 2009 10:53PM
Posted by: tripleM
so a guy who sold his stake and may no longer have any real clout at youtube invests his own money in the team and people talk about youtube getting on board

rriigghhtt

Date: August 20, 2009 10:59PM
Posted by: Monza972
YAY FOR F1 Videos on Youtube. hopefully! :D
Date: August 20, 2009 11:42PM
Posted by: chet
Im pretty sure its not actually Youtube which will be on the car, is it??

I thought it was just this guy investing money, and not the company Youtube???? The articles arent really too clear.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 20, 2009 11:51PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
that'll be good, they put the videos on youtube and fom immediately take them down .

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 21, 2009 07:11AM
Posted by: Briere
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't remember any website being
> the title sponsor of F1 team before;

Yahoo! Prost Peugeot
Date: August 21, 2009 09:18AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
so a guy who sold his stake and may no longer have any real clout at youtube invests his own money in the team and people talk about youtube getting on board

No longer have any real clout? Being CEO of a company means that little now days?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 21, 2009 06:05PM
Posted by: Nickv
tripleM schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so a guy who sold his stake and may no longer have
> any real clout at youtube invests his own money in
> the team and people talk about youtube getting on
> board
>
> rriigghhtt

Have you been eating through your ass again, because there's a lot of sh*t coming out of your mouth.

If he was no longer linked with YouTube, would the media reports have said that he was? Probably not. The media write crap sometimes, but they're really not that stupid.
Date: August 21, 2009 06:22PM
Posted by: LS.
[www.sniffpetrol.com]

There was good news this week for the fledgling US F1 team with the announcement that its debut season will be sponsored by YouTube, a move that will bring all the values of the popular video sharing website to America’s 2010 Formula 1 entry.

The first corollary of the new deal will be seen in the advertising carried on the car which will move and flash annoyingly, but only down one side. This will leave the main body of the machine free to carry liveries that will reflect the content of YouTube itself. American sources say during the first race, for example, the front of the car could carry some almost unwatchable footage filmed illegally at a Justin Timberlake concert. By the next race, however, this will have been mysteriously removed but it will be replaced with a pointless image of a mildly inbred American teenager endlessly performing wheelies on a small bicycle which will in turn give way to some needlessly macabre images of air disasters inexplicably set to the theme tune from Knight Rider.

The YouTube link up also promises to have a unique effect on the way the entire team’s efforts are seen on television. Whilst the rest of the 2010 F1 pack can expect to be filmed using state of the art High Definition TV cameras, the US entry will be exclusively covered on a low quality mobile phone promising unmatched levels of wobbliness and the constant sound of some unseen people noisily whooping and giggling just out of shot.

Finally, as a tribute to their title sponsors it is expected that during busy parts of the race the US F1 cars will become annoyingly slow and then crash. Although they’d probably have done that anyway.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 21, 2009 08:34PM
Posted by: smorr
I like news like that. It atleast shows that the team is still alive and could perhaps already have a sponsorship opportunity, which is the first hurdle.

Plus, we could be the winners big time in that. Windsor is on the record of saying that he wants his operation to be very much more people friendly - much more like the NASCAR operations in the same area where you can get tours through the shops (Try that at McLaren!), and one would think that if this DID happen we would see some pretty good Youtube-age of behind the scenes F1 stuff.

I'll wait to hear more concrete word. As in a press conference type thing. Which, I would damn well hope we would get to know about here.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 28, 2009 11:06PM
Posted by: elio
Yahoo did sponsor the prost team in 2000 so YouTube is not the first website to sponsor a car, albeit not title sponsor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy