2010 Formula One season [Huge update on page one]

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2010 Formula One season
Date: November 04, 2009 09:47PM
Posted by: villej
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi is jut saying stuff to save his dignity

Off topic, but I think Kimi is actually the best possible example of a person who wouldn't give a crap about his dignity. :P

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: November 04, 2009 10:16PM
Posted by: IWE
lol! Yes like he say:

1. He choose to leave Ferrari.
2. He didnt have any contact with Toyota.
3. In his opinion Yas Marina Circuit is boring track to drive...

And these sentences stright after:

1. Beeing Fired by Ferrari.
2. Failed to make contract with Toyota, because of asking for too much money.
3. He was way too slow at Yas Marina Circuit.

Might be that he is not talking crap, but the timing and way how he say these things (and tons of other thing during his career) sounds like pure bullshit. He would have called even Spa as boring track if he wouldnt have won in there..;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 04, 2009 10:42PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IWE schreef:
> lol! Yes like he say:
>
> 1. He choose to leave Ferrari.
> 2. He didnt have any contact with Toyota.
> 3. In his opinion Yas Marina Circuit is boring
> track to drive...
>
> And these sentences stright after:
>
> 1. Beeing Fired by Ferrari.
> 2. Failed to make contract with Toyota, because of
> asking for too much money.
> 3. He was way too slow at Yas Marina Circuit.
>
>
> Might be that he is not talking crap, but the
> timing and way how he say these things (and tons
> of other thing during his career) sounds like pure
> bullshit. He would have called even Spa as boring
> track if he wouldnt have won in there..;)

1. He did choose to leave Ferrari, he had a contract, if he wanted he could stay at Ferrari. Fact.

2. He probably didn't have any contact with Toyota, his management did though. A normal way of making a contract, if you tell a team you only speak with them the team will give you the lowest salary possible with as much PR as they like to. Just like Alonso talked to Honda for 2009, while he most likely had no intentions what so ever to go to Honda this season, the mistake he made :)

3. Personal opinion, Abu Dhabi doesn't has alot of high speed corners, some drivers like technical tracks without alot of highspeed corners, some like highspeed corners and then Abu Dhabi can indeed be a boring track with a huge straight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 10:44PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: November 05, 2009 06:50AM
Posted by: Slash
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> 1. He did choose to leave Ferrari, he had a
> contract, if he wanted he could stay at Ferrari.
> Fact.

WRONG, that he's still being paid for the 2010 season means Ferrari are sticking to the contract (or part of it), Ferrari just found a way of keeping him out of the car, let him drive for another team and subsequently, paying him a bit less than what the contract stipulates.
is Alonso being paid by Mclaren? ... NO, Alonso WANTED to leave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2009 06:50AM by Slash.
Date: November 05, 2009 10:25AM
Posted by: gav
Kimi couldn't give a @#$%& who he drives for so long as it's a strong car. He hasn't fitted into Ferrari at all. Ferrari wanted Schumacher mkII (and Alonso fits that bill better than anyone) and Kimi couldn't be that person. He's not a leader, he's someone who just jumps into the car and drives it fast. That's not a negative, that's just the way he is.

No one really knows how long Kimi will remain in F1, so Ferrari were never going to keep him in the long run. They needed someone who they know is going to stick around, and Alonso provides that. That he was available a year in advance doesn't show Kimi in a lesser light, just that they're thinking long term.

Let's face it, whether Massa was fit enough or not, that didn't affect their thinking - it's not like they didn't have enough options internally, and they could have their pick of most of the field externally if necessary. It wasn't a case of Massa or Kimi, it was a case of when Kimi left.
Date: November 05, 2009 10:57AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Slash schreef:
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> > 1. He did choose to leave Ferrari, he had a
> > contract, if he wanted he could stay at
> Ferrari.
> > Fact.
>
> WRONG, that he's still being paid for the 2010
> season means Ferrari are sticking to the contract
> (or part of it), Ferrari just found a way of
> keeping him out of the car, let him drive for
> another team and subsequently, paying him a bit
> less than what the contract stipulates.
> is Alonso being paid by Mclaren? ... NO, Alonso
> WANTED to leave

That's the thing, Kimi could have driven another year for Ferrari, knowing Alonso would come in 2011, yet it has no point driving another year for them, so they made a deal for xxx amount of millions he would make place for Alonso, and it's like gav says really. The reason Kimi was at Ferrari was Jean Todt, but Ferrari got more and more ''Italian'' since Todt left, and Italians rather not have anyone as cool as Kimi in their team I'd think. They would much rather have someone who drives the race, and after that goes with the team to a fancy restaurant, and Kimi isn't like that.

Date: November 05, 2009 11:37AM
Posted by: IWE
"anyone as cool as Kimi"

LOL

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 05, 2009 06:29PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Date: November 05, 2009 07:59PM
gav Wrote:
> Kimi couldn't give a @#$%& who he drives for so
> long as it's a strong car. He hasn't fitted into
> Ferrari at all. Ferrari wanted Schumacher mkII
> (and Alonso fits that bill better than anyone) and
> Kimi couldn't be that person. He's not a leader,
> he's someone who just jumps into the car and
> drives it fast. That's not a negative, that's just
> the way he is.
> No one really knows how long Kimi will remain in
> F1, so Ferrari were never going to keep him in the
> long run. They needed someone who they know is
> going to stick around, and Alonso provides that.
> That he was available a year in advance doesn't
> show Kimi in a lesser light, just that they're
> thinking long term.
> Let's face it, whether Massa was fit enough or
> not, that didn't affect their thinking - it's not
> like they didn't have enough options internally,
> and they could have their pick of most of the
> field externally if necessary. It wasn't a case of
> Massa or Kimi, it was a case of when Kimi left.

and that's exacly why he shouldn't be asking for much, what are his guarantees?
Conistency?, no, Long term commitment?, no
Date: November 05, 2009 08:29PM
If McLaren were to employ him, they wouldn't need many guarantees. Hamilton is their long-term asset, and Kimi would just slot in alongside him, probably with a flexible contract from both sides.

I'm not saying Kimi isn't overpriced, but how many other top level (IMO) no-fuss drivers are there available? In a completely different way to what Ferrari were wanting, that in itself leaves him in a strong negotiating position. It's the reason why Rosberg is heading to Brawn rather than McLaren, as had been expected months back - he didn't want to play second fiddle to Hamilton. Kimi won't care for that, he'll just sit in the car and drive it.
Date: November 09, 2009 12:25PM
Posted by: EC83
Lotus are apparently looking at Jacques as one of their potential driver choices:

[www.crash.net]

Date: November 09, 2009 12:37PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
If he was to return, I think USF1 could be a better option for him. He probably has a better presence in the USA than a lot of the other drivers they are supposedly considering (Wurz, Davidson etc.)

Alongside Trulli (which seems very likely), hopefully Lotus take Kobayashi or Sato.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 09, 2009 02:20PM
Posted by: msater
Looks like Buemi is staying with Toro Rosso: [en.f1-live.com]

He had a good debut year, except by that error in Japan. I'll be happy to see him again.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: November 09, 2009 03:15PM
Posted by: marwood82
msater Wrote:
> Looks like Buemi is staying with Toro Rosso:
> [en.f1-live.com]
> 091109115025.shtml
>
> He had a good debut year, except by that error in
> Japan. I'll be happy to see him again.

yeah, he didn't do that much wrong and seemed to have the legs on his team mates. certainly worth a 2nd look.

Alguersuari looks set to get the nod alongside him. had some ok qualy performances towards the end and i think carrying on with WSR did hurt him a bit. so a full set of pre-season tests may well help him.

be interesting to see how they go next year now torro rosso can't run the same chassis as red-bull.
Date: November 09, 2009 04:13PM
Posted by: chet
Neither driver were anything special. Buemi spent the whole pre-season testing so I expected more... Kobayashi has made all the rookies this year look pretty awful.

Not impressed by Jamie at all, but he's had limited track time so I guess ill judge next season but I saw no improvment from Hungary in the following races.

One thing that's let all rookies down this year is Lewis. He's massivley raised the bar for expectations of young guys in F1. He came in and made it look like he had been doing it for years. These guys just look clumsy...

edit - [www.autosport.com]

nice to see brawn taking the risk of concentrating for next year early on.. was a close call! I guess it also explains their drop in performance compared to RedBull and more noticably with Mclaren. Bodes well for next year...

In theory the better engine intergration should bring a couple of tenths or more. I wouldnt go quite as far as saying Brawn won with a botch-up but I would say they won with a less than desirable package.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 04:19PM by chet.
Date: November 09, 2009 04:19PM
i hope Sutil gets replace, he deffinately didn't do a good job, when he had the chance he put the car on the wall or kept making silly mistakes,.
same with Buemi but he's a rookie
Grosjean was another disgrace, he spun on all the races, he just emulated Piquet, no need to waste that 2nd seat there
Date: November 09, 2009 07:11PM
chet Wrote:
> One thing that's let all rookies down this year is
> Lewis. He's massivley raised the bar for
> expectations of young guys in F1. He came in and
> made it look like he had been doing it for years.
> These guys just look clumsy...

The thing is though, he has been doing it for years in comparison to most rookies. By modern standards he was quite experienced. He'd been doing it for years and years, supported by one of the very biggest teams in the world through most of that time. He's not a kid. He was 22 when he started.

At a complete guess, I'd imagine of the top line drivers, Hamilton would be one of the oldest to debut in F1 since Damon Hill. Certainly give or take a year or so he will be.

Hamilton also had the luxury of starting off with the best car on the grid and a world class teammate who could do all the developing while he was learning the ropes.
Date: November 09, 2009 07:30PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
gav Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > One thing that's let all rookies down this year
> is
> > Lewis. He's massivley raised the bar for
> > expectations of young guys in F1. He came in
> and
> > made it look like he had been doing it for
> years.
> > These guys just look clumsy...
>
> The thing is though, he has been doing it for
> years in comparison to most rookies. By modern
> standards he was quite experienced. He'd been
> doing it for years and years, supported by one of
> the very biggest teams in the world through most
> of that time. He's not a kid. He was 22 when he
> started.
>
> At a complete guess, I'd imagine of the top line
> drivers, Hamilton would be one of the oldest to
> debut in F1 since Damon Hill. Certainly give or
> take a year or so he will be.

Interesting point, and it also seems to leave Hulkenberg in good stead, taking a similar long route to Formula 1.

Webber and Kovalainen were 25 when they debuted, so they would probably be the oldest debutants of the recent GP winners. In terms of champions, Hakkinen was also 22 when he debuted, whereas Hill was 21.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 09, 2009 07:38PM
Hill was 31. ;-)
Date: November 09, 2009 07:56PM
Posted by: EC83
LOL!
I'd say that of the top drivers, Vettel has easily impressed me the most, considering his age and his general level of experience in motorsport relative to the others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy