Alguersuari claims Bourdais has lost his seat!

Posted by micky-cannonball 
Re: Alguersuari claims Bourdais has lost his seat!
Date: July 15, 2009 12:21PM
Posted by: Red Sam
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4 weeks?! I guess this is one of the agreed cost
> saving rules, I dont believe we have ever had such
> a long gap have we? Btw, by cost saving I mean I
> think 2 of the 4 weeks will be a total no no for
> F1 teams, ie turn the factory lights off.

I seem to remember there being five weeks between the last two races of 1999...? (Nurburgring rain chaos to Japan)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
You must have completely missed Malaysia, then ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 15, 2009 12:46PM
I'm not sure exactly when, but there was a 5 week gap somewhere!

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 15, 2009 12:48PM
It was 1998. Last week of September at Nurburgring, 1st November at Japan

RedSam

there was also a 5 week gap in 98, between Aus and Brazil after Argentina was scrapped

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: July 15, 2009 01:37PM
Posted by: chet
5 weeks?! Sure dont remember that one!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, excuse my stupidness!
It was between the 1999 Aus and Brazilian GP's when the Argentine GP was cancelled.
Aus GP was March 7th, Brazilian was April 11th, and was followed by a 4 week gap to Imola on May 2nd
[en.wikipedia.org]

2013 - Nando must come through..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 02:13PM by casabonka.
Date: July 15, 2009 03:40PM
"Jaime Alguersuari will step into the cockpit of the Toro Rosso STR4 on Thursday as the Italian squad prepares to run the Spaniard in the car for the first time."

[f1.gpupdate.net]

No s***, it is really happening.

Date: July 15, 2009 09:25PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Apparently Bourdais won't be the only one absent in Hungary.

[en.f1-live.com]

Date: July 15, 2009 09:53PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The main announcer for Globo said that on tv but Nelsinho said he got it wrong, so the guy went back and said he'd be very happy of making that mistake. However de Grassi himself said that there's no way Grosjean won't be driving next year as Renault are looking for a French driver, even if they have better drivers available.
Date: July 15, 2009 10:18PM
tbh, though Piquet has not set the world on fire I would like to see him in a team with a team boss who first of all wants him there and gives him equal equipment.

Ive read on forums that Piquet had a verbal agreement with Renault to get equal equipment as Alonso but that has not been the case, certainly for Germany and for races before. I dont think Piquet would be a Senna, but in another car, but having recieved some tlc I believe he could be a strong point scoring driver.

Never been much of a fan of his, but im less a fan of what is blatent unfair treatment and a continuing lack of support from his superiors. Its like Brundle says, alot of drivers would benifit from coaches. Look at Button in 2001, he had no place on the grid, he was simply awful, probably the worst driver on the grid at the time. Then, sent to a new team with a supporting boss, add a touch of love and we have a race winning driver. Piquet is wasted at Renault.

Date: July 15, 2009 10:52PM
Posted by: Slash
it shouldn´t be a walk in the park, there's no place in F1 to waste time with weak personalities, same with Bourdais, the guy always complains and keeps saying the car doesn't suit him, tbh i never toguht he'll finish his first season, obviously i was 1 year wrong, the probelm was that Toros Rosso's car got better for the end of the season and the guy made a couple of reasonable races, but Piquet should've been sacked a long time ago, probably the introduction of the Slicks made Renault to give him another opportunity, but it only takes 2 or 3 races for a driver to show the signs of his "super talent", but Renault might be waiting for that forever
Alonso might leave anytime and to concentrate their efforts on a guy that hasn't shown anything would be bad for them, it didn't worked with Fisico and he was a race winner
Piquet wants equal tratment and to be treated as if he was the one who'll take the team and would fight at the front but he hasn't earnd it, this is not daddy's team

Jenson´s was a different story, he was a¨"superstar rookie" with a great first season in a series harder than todays (i think F1 was harder back then), and dedicated himself to party and enjoy the 15 minute fame he got, after that he realize he was going to be out of F1 for good and decided to get his act back together, and in 2002 we saw the big difference
Piquet got his second chance, F1 went back to slicks, i mean, it just seems he needs a lot of things to come together so he can have a good season, and it shouldn't be that way, it shouldn't be a walk in the park
Date: July 15, 2009 11:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Piquet has achieved laughable results but last year already his car wasn't the same as Alonso. This year he maybe had a similar car for 1 race, 2 at most.

Anyway, Piquet said that Briatore gave him his word he'd have a car equal to Alonso's for Hungary. We will see if that is the case in a few weeks.
Date: July 16, 2009 12:08AM
Posted by: danm
piquet to williams?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: July 16, 2009 01:59AM
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Piquet should've been sacked a long time ago,
> probably the introduction of the Slicks made
> Renault to give him another opportunity, but it
> only takes 2 or 3 races for a driver to show the
> signs of his "super talent", but Renault might be
> waiting for that forever

Piquet is no super talent, I know that but he is better than he appears to be atm imo

> Alonso might leave anytime and to concentrate
> their efforts on a guy that hasn't shown anything
> would be bad for them, it didn't worked with
> Fisico and he was a race winner
> Piquet wants equal tratment and to be treated as
> if he was the one who'll take the team and would
> fight at the front but he hasn't earnd it, this is
> not daddy's team

I think when a team hires a rookie they need to take the responsability of moulding him into a winning machine. With some drivers they dont need that, Lewis for example (but Lewis is great, not good but great), but others do. Ill agree that for Renault to concentrate on Alonso could pay-off, it did last year however at the same time they are helping destroy someones career.

I agree on your post almost completley nad your view, but we have seen it in the past the way Flavio can quite easily make a driver feel unwanted and we have seen how it effects driver performance.

Now it's easy to say, but if I were Piquet I would get out before they kick me out and pretty much blame Falvio for the most part. The evidence is there with past drivers. I doubt there are a few would who disagree with me in that in a better enviroment Piquet could be a regular point contender.

I agree that it should be no walk in the park, however there are many weak personalilitys in F1. Hell, Rubens is a great example, Trulli, and Button. Fizzy?? They're the ones I can think of driving currently. Now heres another one, Alonso??? He suffered at Mclaren in 2007, big time. Favouring Lewis??? Now alot say it happens at Brawn with no solid (or real) evidence. Did it happen at Mclaren? Did it heck!! Alonso expected #1 status, and when he didnt get it he made mistakes, silly mistakes! It should have been another title for him but in the end he let his mind and Kimi beat him! Once a driver gets a thought into their head, ie favouring the other side of the garage or the thought unwanted-ness then it must be very hard to forget.

Yeah! It's their ego who brings them down.

Date: July 16, 2009 11:56AM
Piquet knew the score when he joined Renault.

I dont see the point of replacing Bourdais with someone who hasnt even driven the car yet...

RedSam

Date: July 16, 2009 12:31PM
Posted by: danm
Bourdais Announcement Official now - he has gone! Shame...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Its now official - Toro-rosso finally dumped bourdais in f1 [www.formula1.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy