Alguersuari claims Bourdais has lost his seat!

Posted by micky-cannonball 
Jaime Alguersuari today indicated that Sebastien Bourdais has in fact been ousted from his race seat at Toro Rosso Ferrari.

The 19-year-old Spaniard is the favourite to replace Bourdais, whose immediate exit from the Red Bull-owned team is expected to be confirmed tomorrow.

"He is 30, he has a daughter, has won four championships in the American Champ Cars, won the F3000 here in Europe and, honestly, is a highly trained driver,” Alguersuari told Radio Catalunya. “But it seems that this year he has not given it everything, as he should have.

"I truly believe that the decision by Red Bull is just, but it is never nice to see someone taken away after half a season," Alguersuari added.

Should Alguersuari make his debut as expected in Hungary in two weeks, the 2008 British F3 champion would become the youngest ever Formula One race driver.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

@topic - hang-in their kid... Don't be too sure about that you might be depressed later on!

Re: Alguersuari claims Bourdais has lost his seat!
Date: July 14, 2009 05:38PM
Posted by: Frantic
Also, Briatore can´t confirm Piquet is going to drive in Hungary, says some spanish reports, and he would be replaced by Romain Grosjean

Date: July 14, 2009 05:54PM
Posted by: EC83
It would make sense. Jaime wouldn't be saying this unless the team had given him the go-ahead to say it, and the rumours have been gathering speed for a while. Plus, Bourdais wouldn't exactly be missed if he exited F1 now; this season he's done so little, the only times I even remembered he was in F1 were when the camera cut to him going off or retiring from races.

Date: July 14, 2009 05:59PM
Posted by: Monza972
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, Briatore can´t confirm Piquet is going to
> drive in Hungary, says some spanish reports, and
> he would be replaced by Romain Grosjean

That will never be true until after Hungary. The car that Alonso was driving in Germany was actually different to what Piquet's was due to the floor, diffuser and all other little aero changes. Nelson's getting this car in Hungary so lets see what happens there. If he doesn't improve and still get pwnd by his team mate then, he should look else where. Toro Rosso anyone?
i would give Bourdais one more race tbh - with a big upgrade coming to the car then (including the double diffuser for the first time, and the new silverstone nose), he might be able to produce a better showing. According to Buemi, it is expected to be up to a 0.9s gain in performance.

after that, there is the 4 week mid-season break anyway, so that would give a lot of time to do a switch if needed

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 14, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nelsinho said in his twitter he still didn't have the upgrades in Nürburgring.
Date: July 14, 2009 07:29PM
Posted by: msater
Arghh, 4 weeks gap? How will I survive?!

Bourdais should be given Hungary to prove himself. Same for Piquet.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 14, 2009 07:52PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Most of you will probably disagree with me, but I don't like the way Alguersuari went about this.

It would be one thing to make the announcement he got the drive, but to make the announcement that Bourdais has been fired and hadn't given it all this season, that's kicking a man when he's down, and lacks class.

Date: July 14, 2009 08:15PM
Posted by: danm
...and he hasn't raced one race himself yet!

I want Sato to get it!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Yeah agree on that, bit of a low blow really

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 14, 2009 09:03PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Nelsinho said in his twitter he still didn't have
> the upgrades in Nürburgring.

Get your ass on twitter Mengo.

On topic however, I agree with Dan. Sato should be put in. He knows what it takes to run in formula 1, what the problems are and how to sort them. And out of Hartley or Jaime, He has the biggest mileage in F1! So I don't know what teh heck STR are playing at. They really should go to someone with experience. Look at Vettel now. He's a 3x race winner after a lot of times testing
Date: July 14, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: gav
Monza... you're selling Sato on his reliability and consistency? WTF?!
Date: July 14, 2009 10:21PM
Posted by: chet
4 weeks?! I guess this is one of the agreed cost saving rules, I dont believe we have ever had such a long gap have we? Btw, by cost saving I mean I think 2 of the 4 weeks will be a total no no for F1 teams, ie turn the factory lights off.

Ive never really liked it when a driver pretty much confirms such things before an official press-release. They do have press-releases/conferences for a reason, I mean Bourdais could still be thinking he has a ride till he reads such an article.

Putting him in the car will either be a big 'no' or an, 'well that didnt work out too bad'. Personally i cant see the guy being much better than the confidence shattered SeaBass! I too would like Sato in the car, or at least an effort to get Loeb in, but like has been mentioned STR could destroy the kids career before its begun! What great managment idea is to pull such a risky move? He does have experience on all the remaing tracks, a bonus but straightline testing in an F1 car is not enough to justify a race-seat! Nor are his previous championships, we all know they dont really count for anything once you step into an F1 car. I dont think his speed is in doubt, but whether he'd last the race without f*cking it up. I mean its a big risk to not only the team, and himself but other drivers.

edit - no-one come back and say every driver, and rookie is a risk.

The guy has never driven an F1 car in anger I believe, at least not on a track! Correct me if im wrong but thats insane. People may say its the only experience he will get... Im sorry but mistakes come and he will make mistakes. Now there is a chance that he could make a mistake and take out, ermm lets say Webber or Button, or even cause an accident which effects them someway, I dont think its right.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 10:25PM by chet.
Date: July 14, 2009 10:28PM
gav Wrote:
> Monza... you're selling Sato on his reliability
> and consistency? WTF?!

Ofc that isn't his speciality but from what has learnt on track throughout these years is valuable to the team and IF he does get the chance in F1, i doubt he'd want to throw it away by doing kamakazi moves
Date: July 14, 2009 10:59PM
We all saw how much Sato matured when he got put in the SA, I was one supporting his signing over Bourdais' because in his last year and a half Sato showed an enormous jump in quality, something Bourdais hasn't.
Date: July 14, 2009 11:12PM
Posted by: danm
sato matured in that super aguri and pulled off some tremendous drives in an otherwise wretched machine.

it was like doing the gumball rally on a flymo lawnmower in less than 3 days.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: July 15, 2009 01:08AM
Posted by: chet
Good point Gui, Sato did look a much different driver to the one of 2004 and 2005 where mistakes were often!

However the reason he was not signed was because they said though he was sometimes quicker he proved a little more inconsistant. I think that was it anyway!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Does anyone know why Brendon Hartley was dropped as Red Bull / STR's 3rd driver?? Was there a reason given??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 01:27AM by **Taylor**.
Date: July 15, 2009 03:46AM
Must be just some alternating! And perhaps pressure/opportunity with the money from Repsol... I also read Loeb may run the Abu Dhabi GP.

Lucas di Grassi said that Renault need a Frenchie to stay in F1 and that is why there's no chance of Grosjean not being given the seat by the end of 2009.
**Taylor** Wrote:
> Does anyone know why Brendon Hartley was dropped
> as Red Bull / STR's 3rd driver?? Was there a
> reason given??

he said he chose to step down to focus on his racing this year

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy