Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Brawn GP (topic rename)
Date: March 10, 2009 06:39PM
Posted by: chet
What has essentially changed?

Fry is still CEO.
Brawn still essentially in same posistion, except now owns the team. His duties will not differ much from last year.
And now they have mercedes engines.

So what has changed that has made them likable?

edit - Best put this, but I avoided mentioning the obvious exclusion of Japanese influence.

But other than that what has changed to make them a fans favourite, which they appear to be?]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2009 06:51PM by chet.
Date: March 10, 2009 07:08PM
Posted by: gav
The vigour and enthusiasm from everyone, the apparent battling against the odds, the fact the engine deal still hasn't been ratified by the FIA. I don't think the whole love affair will continue to this extent more than a few races in, but it just seems that it's now a people's team rather than a corporate one (and an outwardly cold corporate one at that).
Date: March 10, 2009 07:21PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Chetson I do believe Fry has no role in Brawn GP, and not having bad businessmen running the show in their stupid strict ways helps with the charisma bit.
Date: March 10, 2009 08:09PM
Posted by: chet
Gui - I would agree but ...

[f1.gpupdate.net]

Gav, I am sure the people had the same enthusiasm before hand. I agree, Honda were in it to sell cars. Like BMW, like Mercedes, like Toyota... No matter what anyone says, that is the primary goal for each and every one of those teams. Poeple kid themselves by saying BMW/Mercedes are in it for the racing...

Honda, cold?? How did you work that one out? I guess they did just abandon everyone and did nothing to help the team find a buyer/backers.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 10, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honda, cold?? How did you work that one out? I
> guess they did just abandon everyone and did
> nothing to help the team find a buyer/backers.

The average age of their market must be touching 3 figures by now. They and Toyota were/are pretty much the exact opposite of Red Bull. It might just be an external thing in F1 terms, but it's why people do like Red Bull.

I didn't mean they were cold-hearted bastards....

Nothing like some good old reading between the lines.

And I'm fairly sure the employees are a bit more motivated and determined now. Just look at Jenson - it's like he's got a new lease of life - he's even said so himself.
Date: March 10, 2009 08:36PM
It's a proving season for everyone in their team, if their car isn't going through failures/DNFs and battling not to be last during the first 6 races then I expect the team morale to only increase and for people to perform even better. However any crushing results here and there early on can take a big hit and cause a very adverse effect.
Date: March 10, 2009 09:48PM
Posted by: Paul Boy
I'm sure they will have there ups and downs. I'm pretty excited about this team now, not really sure why, maybe its Brawn himself.
Date: March 10, 2009 11:20PM
Well, it seems like now we know their main objective - survive in F1. They have a very competent team boss and 2 good drivers who seem very anxious to prove they're still worthy. Also the whole underdog appeal :P.
Date: March 13, 2009 12:49AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Great to see Rubens keeping his drive :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: March 13, 2009 01:28AM
Posted by: EC83
Red Sam Wrote:
> Great to see Rubens keeping his drive :)

Absolutely. Fantastic to see Rubens staying on at a time when he's been on good form and driving so well. It wouldn't have been his time to retire yet.
I've been a big fan of Rubens right from day 1(or since Donington '93 anyway). His drive that day in a car basically the equivalent of a Force India was nothing short of awesome, and at Silverstone last year he showed he's lost none of that brilliance. His intelligence as a driver always shines through in tricky conditions, and he should go better than ever in the "back to basics" 2009 cars. Also, continuing to work with Ross Brawn will help bring out the best in him.

Date: March 13, 2009 03:41AM
Posted by: SAMF1
go Brawn GP can't wait for Melbourne........

i'm also happy that Mclaren is struggling, because i never like that team

Date: March 13, 2009 07:00AM
Posted by: J-C
SAMF1 Wrote:
> go Brawn GP can't wait for Melbourne........
>
> i'm also happy that Mclaren is struggling, because
> i never like that team

+1

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
Date: March 13, 2009 08:36AM
Posted by: Nickv
SAMF1 schreef:
> go Brawn GP can't wait for Melbourne........
>
> i'm also happy that Mclaren is struggling, because
> i never like that team

How dare you :P
Date: March 13, 2009 08:43AM
Posted by: lanky180
+2....Ferrari fan here :P

[batracer.com]
Date: March 13, 2009 11:40AM
Posted by: willward
im hoping that they do well at melbourne and thaank god they've got rid of F**king EARTHDREAMS........ they were stupid having that....... they were doing so well in 2006 and then look what happens......lets be commercial and not ,make eny money by having a non profitable sponsor............im looking forward to brawnn gp and im hoping jenson can prove his worth cause if it wasnt for brawn we probably wouldnt see jenson in f1 again :-(

Date: March 13, 2009 04:25PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
With little or no advertisement on the car i think they could actually come up with a stunning design to suit the, i feel, most advanced and best suited car to the new shape.

Jenson to win in Melbourne (well i can dream cant i)

Date: March 13, 2009 08:24PM
shinnbob dreams (tm) ;)
Date: March 14, 2009 12:10AM
Posted by: Monza972
Guimengo Wrote:
> shinnbob dreams (tm) ;)

Byron Speak (tm) ;)
Date: March 14, 2009 02:14AM
Date: March 14, 2009 02:39AM
Posted by: montoya6k
can't read mah!,can't read mah! no he cant read mah @#$%& face.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy