Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 06, 2009 04:51PM
Posted by: Nickv
You say they don't have sponsors, how on earth should they put on sponsors on their car if the team doesn't have any sponsors?
Car looks lovely. A week ago we didn't even think we'd see Ex-Honda on the grid. Instead they've released images of a gorgeous machine people are cooing and cawing over. Looks like a great PR win for Brawn Racing already. Renault released their car with their sponsors and livery and people shat all over them.

Someone said that Pepsi might be sponsoring them, can't remember who said it? If this came to fruit, I would anticipate a sextastic livery. But already, just by being there, Brawn are more popular than Honda have been in years.
Bruninho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You really dont understand, do you?
>
> I'll put it simple:
>
> If they have sponsors but didnt stickied them on
> car for one of the best moments for publicity =
> EPIC FAIL from a marketing point of view. If you
> want to solidify your sponsors, get more and more
> money from them, they should use every opportunity
> they can to show them off in their cars. A
> shakedown is one of the most publicized moments
> for a F1 team, now go and look around the sites
> how many sites have the brawn gp car pictured in?
> How many advertsing space wasnt used by that?
>

why is this the 'best moments for publicitiy'? a shakedown test covered by specialst publications/websites and a few sports papers.

surely sponsors are interested in reaching as many people as possible, so an actual race where the audience is in the many millions world wide would be 'best moments for publicity'?

besides, where is your evidence?

the car is blank?

we've already provided plenty of examples where heavily sponsored teams put out a blank car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 04:57PM by marwood82.
Date: March 06, 2009 04:54PM
Posted by: kizz
erm bruno remember this?

ross brawn isn't stupid i doubt he would go into something knowing it would fail?
think of it as him posting stupid messages ever digging himself into a deeper hole, would he be stupid enough to do that? i don't think so
From a legality point of view, the buyout of the team and the rights holders of the team have now been transferred. All the previous sponsors such as Ray Ban, Seisko etc that were with Honda last year will still have a contract under Honda F1 which now doesnt exist.

Therefore its likely that contracts are being redrawn and have been sent to the respective sponsors to make the transfer. This is likely the reason no sponsors are seen on the car because technically/legally there aren't any as of yet under BrawnF1 because that team name is seemingly under a day old.

They've stated the Thursday before the Australian GP so that it maximises the time for all the existing sponsors to submit the contract changes and also to get any new sponsors on board in the meantime.

This is the logical answer as well as plenty of teams in recent years have started a shakedown test with no sponsors. Renault in 07, Ferrari in 06, Williams, Honda etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 05:03PM by 97kirkc.
Ok let me try again...

Brawn isnt a rich man. He doesnt have enough money to buy a team. Honda just sold it like they were saying since the start, for a simbolic amount, to Brawn. They are still paying the team, because its cheaper than breaking contracts and firing up people. When Honda will effectivelly pull the plug out of it? Many reports say that they are only supporting them for the first four races. I doubt that after this point, they'll have enough money to survive.

They are a new team, with a bit of Honda and FOM funding. Mercedes demanded a guarantee, that they will commit to the entire season, so they could give them engines.

But is that funding from honda + fom enough for the engines? I doubt it. Its looking like Aguri 2008.

So the money for the merc engines is coming from where? A management buyout doesnt involve a lot of money, I doubt that they have money, that is not from sponsors, to comply with Mercedes requirements to buy their engines.

And to make things worse, the car on shakedown was fully white. It means to me that they dont have sponsors. Its not clear at this moment if they will do the entire season. Potential sponsors wouldnt just sponsor them for 4 races only.

But if they have sponsors but ran a white car on shakedown. Then they did a big marketing, PR error, a F1 car shakedown gets bucketloads of media attention = good opportunity for their sponsors to get advertsing in every F1 website publishing their shakedown photos. Just google around F1 sites to see how many of them have the Brawn GP car pictured in.

Being a small team with no money, if they were desperate for money, they should have stickied their sponsors if they had any. It's also good to convince them to increase their sponsorship funding after checking how much attention they've got with the shakedown. Its basic marketing.

A small team must take every opportunity their car goes out to show their sponsors and get more money from them.

And please stop posting bloody photos of ferrari and renault running blank cars. They are factory teams, top teams. Therefore they didnt had that worry back then - the economic climate wasnt as bad as it is today.

Was it clear now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 05:05PM by Bruninho.
Bruninho Wrote:
> Brawn isnt a rich man. He doesnt have enough money
> to buy a team.

how do you know about Ross Brawn's personal finances?

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Bruninho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Brawn isnt a rich man. He doesnt have enough
> money
> > to buy a team.
>
>
> how do you know about Ross Brawn's personal
> finances?

If he was rich enough to buy the Honda outfit, then explain why this story was dragged for three months? If he was that rich why the team wasnt bought before without all that mess for three months?

Date: March 06, 2009 05:06PM
Posted by: Stan
NO
you seem to forget one thing, its NORMAL for teams to do the shakedown of the car with no livery on or no sponsors on it, it is something it has been going on for ages

Stan Wrote:
> NO
> you seem to forget one thing, its NORMAL for teams
> to do the shakedown of the car with no livery on
> or no sponsors on it, it is something it has been
> going on for ages

It is normal for top teams, factory teams. Because they dont have to worry so much about it. Well, it WAS normal, but now they have to put them on, Ferrari shakedown this year had sponsors, Renault shakedown this year had sponsors as well.

Everyone did their shakedowns with sponsors in, except Brawn GP.

you seem to forget that ages ago, the economic situation was completely different. Now that the finances are bad, they must make the most of it and it includes sponsoring on their shakedowns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 05:11PM by Bruninho.
Date: March 06, 2009 05:12PM
oh for @#$%& sake stop trying to pull your self out from the failboat

Aw, he looks so happy to be back :)

Also,

Jenson: Tell Chet i'm back! ;)
Date: March 06, 2009 05:14PM
Imagine that painting the car and putting on sponsors takes one day. With only a few test days left, BGP need to get every inch on track that they can get. Being at the HQ painting a car would mean a lot less valuable miles.
Bruninho Wrote:
> Ok let me try again...
>
> Brawn isnt a rich man. He doesnt have enough money
> to buy a team. Honda just sold it like they were
> saying since the start, for a simbolic amount, to
> Brawn. They are still paying the team, because its
> cheaper than breaking contracts and firing up
> people. When Honda will effectivelly pull the plug
> out of it? Many reports say that they are only
> supporting them for the first four races. I doubt
> that after this point, they'll have enough money
> to survive.

Honda will support the team for the first season as has been stated numerous times. Mercedes will want payment upfront for engines which they would have to have given them before the engines even sat in the car. Brawn isnt going to pour money into something that will collapse in 3 months time.

> But is that funding from honda + fom enough for
> the engines?

Yes. Mercedes arent stupid. Neither is Bernie. They need 20 cars, theyll make sure it happens longer than 4 races.

> And to make things worse, the car on shakedown was
> fully white. It means to me that they dont have
> sponsors. Its not clear at this moment if they
> will do the entire season. Potential sponsors
> wouldnt just sponsor them for 4 races only.

You keep saying 4 races while ignoring evidence to the contrary. Are you trying to convince yourself? Or are you convincing yourself as part of a personal grudge?

> But if they have sponsors but ran a white car on
> shakedown. Then they did a big marketing, PR
> error, a F1 car shakedown gets bucketloads of
> media attention = good opportunity for their
> sponsors to get advertsing in every F1 website
> publishing their shakedown photos.

See my post above on legality on the situation.

> Was it clear now?

No, not at all. Listen to other people and the facts. It's a shakedown. The sponsors are still being finalised due to the team change. They need to test to see if the car is functioning at a basic level. Many teams run with no sponsors despite the media attention. Bernie, Mercedes and Brawn are grown business men with a wealth of experience more than you or anyone else on this forum. They're not morons and wont let a team live for 4 races and then pull the plug, its impossible to be that short sighted.

It's usually run without sponsors in occasions to pay respect for someone's death.

Possibly Senna's career.
Bruninho Wrote:
> [too much stuff to quote]

so i take that as a yes, your only evidence that they have no sponsors is that they ran their 1st shakedown test with a blank car.

i can only hope you never end up on jury.
Date: March 06, 2009 05:23PM
So many people have so many valid points and you pick out the most irrelevant (though funny) comment and say STFU. Are we really supposed to take you seriously?
Date: March 06, 2009 05:24PM
Hahahhaha well said Rodrigo!

Im sure Bruno wouldnt saying all this rubbish if Senna is in the car.

Bruninho Wrote:
> Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's usually run without sponsors in occasions
> to
> > pay respect for someone's death.
> >
> > Possibly Senna's
> >
> career.[img9.imageshack.us]
>
> > if
>
> STFU if you have nothing better to do than to
> insult a legend

Since when is Bruno Senna a legend?

Also what gives you the right to tell people to STFU, if anyone needs too you do (just an opinion not actually telling you to, although it would be nice)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy