Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 06, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: gav
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeap, but I think Mercedes wouldnt allow it..

I'm sure they'd gladly allow it if McMerc had Ferrari ahead of them. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 08:45PM by gav.
Date: March 06, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: gav
"That is particularly pleasing given that our car was designed around a different engine and both the chassis and gearbox have been modified to accommodate the new engine."

Judging by the wording there, they've only got the engine (and KERS) from McLaren and Mercedes rather than the entire drivetrain that Force India have.

If true, then they won't have had to alter their suspension designs, rather just accommodate the engine, KERS and cooling for them.
Date: March 06, 2009 10:23PM
Posted by: Stan
according to people on atlas they dont even have the kers from mercedes, just the engineit self, no gearbox or other stuff

Date: March 06, 2009 10:23PM
Posted by: chet
Yeah, Gav, thanks for correcting me, I for some reason thought it was the whole drivetrain!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> Thanks Marc, fixed it now :)

Nice one. Cheers. (Y)
Date: March 07, 2009 04:14AM
Posted by: Silver
So good to see that everything is running fine and that BGP is going to race... i just only hope that they don't repeat the shamefull performance from the last couple of years.

www.gundambrasil.com.br

Date: March 07, 2009 05:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Gentlemen, after a swag of post reports, complaints etc. I have, with regret, taken steps to delete a user account and block the relevant ip access to this site. Far too many warnings have unfortunately, fallen on deaf ears.
Back on topic.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Interview today with Rubens for Globo, some info/quotes from the video:

-> He lost 5kg during these last 4 months, preparing for 2009. He is physically ready.

-> Everything changed with a phone call from Ross last week advising the team's future was assured, and that he (Brawn) wanted Rubens to drive for him.

-> He believes his best days might be yet to come.

"- I was considered out of the game, but nowadays, thanks god, I have a contract(...)"

"- I know some people doubt about how fast I can be, but Ross really knows (in the "believe me" sense - Rodrigo) my real speed."

"- I still feel like a boy ("younger" or "teenager" would fit better the meaning he expressed here - Rodrigo)... the boy of always, I prefer today... with the will of a boy, and experience of today."
I was just reading from a rather informed user on TenTenths that Bruno was asked to bring $14m to the table in the early days of the discussions, but has admitted he doesn't have that. His personal sponsors on his website are NOT funding drives for him. He also pointed out something I forgot, Petrobras sponsorship was very low. They didn't even sponsor Williams in the usual sense of the word, they were simply technical partners. Sounds like discounts and free stuff rather than a cash hand over.

So realistically, it seems Bruno needed to bring a lot of money to the table to make him worth dropping Rubens experience for. Rubens didn't need to bring anything. Bruno needed to bring $14m. Says a lot about how highly Brawn thinks of Rubens actually.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 07, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: danm
isn't rubens the only driver in the field to have raced competitively on slicks in f1 too? oh, and trulli and fissi included from 1997?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 07, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
that is a very good point - but i suppose in essence they all came from lower formula which don't use slicks.

EDIT - don't use treads, obvs. for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2009 01:05AM by loque.
Yes but Rubens, Jarno and Fisi have an advantage because they ran in an F1 car (with more HP, suspension, fuels etc.) with slicks and the rest of drivers not

Date: March 07, 2009 08:39PM
Posted by: J i m
I don't think that will be a major advantage to be honest, that era of technology is already light-years away from today's.
Wow, how time flies....doesn't seem that long ago that Fisichella and Trulli were the young new stars of F1.

Think reading this just bought it home to me!

And to think we'll have a driver that's been going since 1993 this year in Barrichello. I started following F1 in 1993, that would be like there still being a driver from 1976 when i first started watching ...and even then Barrichello was competing against Patrese during 1993 who started in 1978!Barrichello has shared a grid with a driver from 1978 and this year is probably sharing the grid with someone who will still be around in 2018 and beyond. Thats 40 years! (Could be a future pub quiz question in there somewhere!)

I wonder if Rubens ever thinks about this himself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 09:07PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: March 07, 2009 09:21PM
Posted by: danm
most likely. i think all that free time thinking those exact points is what made his hair turn ginger over winter :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I was just reading from a rather informed user on
> TenTenths that Bruno was asked to bring $14m to
> the table in the early days of the discussions,
> but has admitted he doesn't have that. His
> personal sponsors on his website are NOT funding
> drives for him. He also pointed out something I
> forgot, Petrobras sponsorship was very low. They
> didn't even sponsor Williams in the usual sense of
> the word, they were simply technical partners.
> Sounds like discounts and free stuff rather than a
> cash hand over.
>
> So realistically, it seems Bruno needed to bring a
> lot of money to the table to make him worth
> dropping Rubens experience for. Rubens didn't need
> to bring anything. Bruno needed to bring $14m.
> Says a lot about how highly Brawn thinks of Rubens
> actually.

Yea, the complication in the case according to the media here, was Nick Fry who had some problems with Rubens last year and was supporting Senna for the seat, interestingly, as soon as Brawn took over, Barrichello got the seat.
... because Fry hasnt got major control anymore ;)

> Another nice photo...
>
> [images.itv-f1.com]

As for me i don't like that photo, really... it looks like a Radio Controlled car.. doesn't it??? :p

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Brawn has worked with Rubens for years. I doubt anyone knows him better than Ross at this stage. Fry however is useless.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Whos number one driver jenson?

[batracer.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy