Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 05, 2009 12:54PM
Posted by: mcdo
Senna hardly needs a drive with such a gossip factory. Gossip, put Senna in 1st, arrive on Moon pronto.
Interview with Bruno about F1, DTM and GP2.

[www.autosport.com]

Bruno Senna: "So far nothing is official, and we've been struggling to make contact with them because they've been very busy with preparing for the shakedown test. At the end of the day, it seems that Ross [Brawn] has made his decision. It looks like he's based it on the security of the team - it's much easier for him to take Rubens because he's worked with him for a long time.

"Ross was happy with my testing at the end of last year, but it just wasn't enough for him to have the proof that I'm ready for Formula One. I respect his opinion, but I think it's a very straightforward way of looking at things."

it looks like he has conceded

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 05, 2009 01:57PM
Posted by: danm
jackpot.

Q. There has been talk of you racing with Mercedes in the DTM, is this an option?

BS: "We have spoken with Norbert [Haug] but we haven't taken anything forward from our chat yet. When we last spoke I still had a really good chance with Honda in F1, so I can't really say anything – the discussion hasn't really happened about that yet. It's something that is certainly in the frame, but we need to talk about it a lot more. Whatever I do, I will take it very seriously. I want to be successful in anything I do."

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I thought he definitely wasn't driving in DTM!! :o :o
Well, its not that bad, Ayrton Drove a Joest Porsche 956 in 1983 and 84, and in 85 he was in a Lotus, and he didnt go to Brabham in 1984 because Nelson Piquet (asked for Ecclestone) refused it

Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, its not that bad, Ayrton Drove a Joest
> Porsche 956 in 1983 and 84, and in 85 he was in a
> Lotus, and he didnt go to Brabham in 1984 because
> Nelson Piquet (asked for Ecclestone) refused it

These were one-off events, in 1983 he was still doing F3 and in 1984 he was already contracted to Toleman

;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Bruninho Wrote:
> Frantic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, its not that bad, Ayrton Drove a Joest
> > Porsche 956 in 1983 and 84, and in 85 he was in
> a
> > Lotus, and he didnt go to Brabham in 1984
> because
> > Nelson Piquet (asked for Ecclestone) refused it
>
> These were one-off events, in 1983 he was still
> doing F3 and in 1984 he was already contracted to
> Toleman

I know that. My point was Bruno can drive a sport car without ruin his carreer without problems :)

There is something familiar in that iSport car that was launched...

GP2 return? Diego Nunes being kicked out?

Hell, better than the crappy DTM! :)

;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 07:17PM by Bruninho.
Date: March 05, 2009 07:51PM
Posted by: Stan
williams have that logo too, does that mean hes driving there too??

Stan Wrote:
> williams have that logo too, does that mean hes
> driving there too??

Good point, but not so good anyway.

As for Williams, it was Frank Williams initiative to pay a tribute to Ayrton. He'd have probably tried to sign him if he wasnt tied to a Toyota deal to align Kazuki on grid.

iSport isnt doing the same thing, neither knew Ayrton... that logo was in all cars driven by Bruno in his career.

And both logos are slightly different. Franks car has a S inside a squared box, iSport doesnt.

iSport's boss has been quoted today in a newspaper praising Bruno Sennas skills and intelligence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 08:01PM by Bruninho.
Um, I seem to remember a certain M. Schumacher driving in World Sportscars for Mercedes with Frentzen and Wendlinger, and with a degree of success too. So driving something else other than single-seaters isn't necessarily a bad career move, although DTM has these days been associated as the refuge of older F1 drivers or those without a race/test seat. IMO another season in GP2 wouldn't be a bad thing - it's helped Giorgio Pantano the last 3 years when he got shafted at Jordan in 2005.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 05, 2009 08:17PM
Posted by: Nickv
So how exactly has it helped Pantano? He hasn't really moved up since then, has he?
He's had more of a reputation as a better single-seat driver since he's been in GP2 - he did win the 2008 GP2 season.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

I'd say cases like Pantano show that you shouldn't bring a driver up too soon without experience. Sure I believe Bruno to have more natural talent and be able to have set up a good base by the end of the year, but the beating he'd take from those without knowledge of F1 could be crushing and he could never achieve his potential. Bruno could definitely use a year of racing not for the top team, and have Rubens develop the new team's car fit into the current regulations, like Schumacher benefitting from Piquet's work at Benetton.
Date: March 06, 2009 12:20AM
Posted by: chet
Taken from AtlasF1 BB which was taken from RealHonda.

Snetterton is the new test venue, silverstone couldn't accomadate us. The cars are already on their way there. First shakedown is tomorrow morning. Ross & Nick will make an announcement either this evening or first thing tomorrow morning, we are just waiting on the ok from Honda to announce everything.

Spyker are not involved, that is simply a PR grab as were the Virgin rumours.

We will not use last years motorhome at races, but a much smaller more traditional style one. Our trackside operations will be severly scaled back.

Mike has now signed contracts, his appointment will be announced by Ross & Nick at the press conference.

We have struck a deal with Force India whereby they will agree to allow us use of the McLaren KERS system along with the Mercedes engines, on the condition of Mike ending his legal battle against his former employer.

As said in the Gascoyne thread before, I dont think he is bad, but I cant see this being a good move.

Under Brawn though I believe he will be kept well in place ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
hmmm

so probably Senna will also drive for my SimRacing team :p or it was driving since 2003???

[racing.virtual-games.com]
[racing.virtual-games.com]

we always had the "S" on our F1 cars

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 01:38AM by NunoEspadinha.
Date: March 06, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: chet
[www.brawngp.com]

real or not lol?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
it's now official Brawn GP is the name of the new team:[www.autosport.com]
looks real!! read the press release.

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy