Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
They'll fail without Bruno Senna, and Brawn will regret it.

LMAO!

I dont read autosport and I dont trust in them.

Just like you don't read Globo...wait...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They'll fail without Bruno Senna, and Brawn will
> regret it.
>
> LMAO!
>
> I dont read autosport and I dont trust in them.
>
> Just like you don't read Globo...wait...

I definately dont read Globo more often than Rodrigo does.

It just happened that they lie less than Livio does, so they are more reliable than Livio for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 04:59PM by Bruninho.
Bruno, try not to fall into old habits. ;-)

It's good for Honda that they have at least SOME continuity, the 2007 car was god-awful, the 2008 car even worse, and the drivers are experienced enough to work through that. Button was solid if unspectacular last season, Barrichello was game to be more adventurous in the race with strategies and the like, and it paid off handsomely at Silverstone - had Hamilton fallen off the road and stayed there in that race and Barrichello not had fuel-rig problems that meant his perfect 1-stop strategy turned to a 2-stopper, that could have been a much-needed morale-boosting win for the Brackley squad.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Yes! Love Rubens ;)

[batracer.com]
Bruno is 'upset', according to Autosport:

[www.autosport.com]

Looks as though he has given up on the seat, even if Bruninho hasn't.

The sooner this matter is silenced the better. Maybe we should send a petition to the Brackley site for disclosure so we can settle this petty quarrel.

As it stands, how many of the people have been laid off at Brackley? If the numbers haven't changed all that much, and they've missed all the testing sessions, they may not be that far behind as people suspect. Of course they won't be racing fit as they would've been, but it doesn't seem like a major reshuffle to me.

If it were to be true, then either driver would suffice really. Back of the field squads tend to be the same looking at it in the past, with a highly experienced driver and a rookie. (Minardi kept Jos for sometime, and Force India have Fisi) That might have something to do with the financial gains from sponsor laiden rookies, which I guess Senna would also qualify as. I'm not sure what sponsors Rubens has (if any?), but financially he would seem unwise.

Autosport tend to get their sources up quicker than the F1 website most of the time, so I'd hazard a guess and say its highly likely that he has got the contract in the end. I'd imagine that he is there for a quick short-term solution to the delay on testing, to bring the squad back up to speed again.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Brackley will lose staff for 2 reasons

1 - Test Teams will be significantly smaller with the testing ban

2 - Honda has an engine development department. Brackley won't.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I think Rubens is a more sensible choice for them atm. TBH, not sure if Bruno Senna is really ready to undertake F1 in a team that is in this kind of instability.
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 03, 2009 08:23PM
Posted by: Stan
looks like that pay driver they tried to get couldnt find the money needed to pay for his seat so they went with the proven race winner and veteran Rubens instead

Date: March 03, 2009 08:33PM
Posted by: chet
Bruno - Ross has probably just saved Bruno's F1 career.

The RA109 is not going to be a quick car is it. It will start off a dog, and that is not going to do any good to Senna's confidence. He will be in a totally unknown situation and will lose out alot to Jenson.

Rather than risk Brunos career and destroy with it what is probably going to be a terrible car during a very very difficult season for the team he has opted to do the best thing for Senna and the Brackley team.

Senna deserves an F1 chance, I agree, and next year he will no doubt get one. Unfortunatley for you, it will just be a year till you find out how good he really is.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
As the only saying goes, 'In F1 you are only as good as your last race". Chet makes a great point. A single bad year can end a drivers career, and Senna was looking at one of the most difficult rookie seasons in history.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
chet Wrote:
> it will just be a year till you find out how
> good he really is.

I know how good he really is. He is good enough to win the title in F1 and kick the ass of most of the field, because they arent good enough for F1.

For sure, it will happen.

I'm expecting to see the Brawn Racing to be an epic fail after 4 races, withdrawing because they had no money, no sponsors.

Date: March 03, 2009 09:05PM
Posted by: Nickv
It's not like that one sponsor that Senna has decides whether the team will survive or not. Unless he brings tens of millions, it's hardly going to be much of a difference.
Bruninho Wrote:
> I'm expecting to see the Brawn Racing to be an
> epic fail after 4 races, withdrawing because they
> had no money, no sponsors.

Do you know what's happening with "Honda" this year, or have you had your head buried in the sand thinking "happy" thoughts about B. Senna? Honda are backing the team for the season because it's cheaper than laying off the staff. By then, they will have found a buyer who will keep them going beyond that.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 03, 2009 09:27PM
Posted by: gav
Bruninho Wrote:

3 points.

1) If they didn't have enough sponsors (or Rubens didn't bring any) then they'd have picked Bruno (if he did bring sponsorship) just to get the team through the year. Regardless of whether it destroyed Bruno or not, as the team is far bigger and more important than any single driver. So clearly, at this point, there is either enough money for the season, or what money Bruno would have brought wouldn't have been enough to make much difference.

2) Mercedes weren't going to do an engine deal unless the team could show they had the resources to see out the season, so either they do have the money, or it's in place ready.

3) Chet's point is great, and to be honest, the way you should be arguing for Bruno - if he failed in 2009, then his career was more than likely finished before it had started. If he fails in 2010 (assuming he gets a seat, which at this point is probably quite likely with a few ageing drivers on the grid), then at least he'd probably have failed with a decent chance. As thing are, if he was to drive in 2009 now, he could well be in Brazilian stock cars before Mr. Barrichello, because regardless of how good he is, he'd be far, far less prepared than even Piquet was (and regardless of what you think, even you admit he had a poor, or 'learning', season), so wouldn't have a hope in hell of impressing. ;-)

His best hope is a GP2 drive with a reserve contract for an F1 team (presumably Brackley) in the hope that he'd get an outing or 2, where he'd hardly be judged, but would get some much needed experience, alongside a few drives in the youth development loophole. Had the Honda sale gone through before Christmas, he would have been better placed to partner Button.

It's not been talked about, but I'm not even convinced Bruno would have got a Super License given his lack of driving in an F1 car - he hasn't driven a 2009-spec car at all, so surely he'd be scraping the barrel?
Date: March 03, 2009 09:28PM
Posted by: chet
Bruninho Wrote:
>
> I know how good he really is. He is good enough to
> win the title in F1 and kick the ass of most of
> the field, because they arent good enough for F1.
>
>
> For sure, it will happen.
>

And Senna would have bought enough money to prevent them 'failing' after 4 races? Doubtfull, and if the case had been he bought money, it certainly would not have been enough to last the season, therefore eventually they would have 'failed' according to you and Senna would not see out the season. Perhaps a worse thing for him and the team.

I believe he is good, but to say what you say before he had a race is as silly as saying Piquet could win the championship without having seen him race an F1 car.

edit - posted without reading Nicks or Jethro's posts, but they pretty much got the point across lol! And now Gav too :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 09:29PM by chet.
As for the sponsorship thing, Bruno had 14 million with him for it. His rival for the seat did not bring any sponsorship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 09:37PM by Bruninho.
Then clearly Brackley/Brawn have the finances to run a season. Otherwise they would have taken Bruno and not Rubens.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I doubt it. What I read around the net is that they have money for only 4 races. If they had money for another season, why all that confusion about the Honda withdrawal then? Why they didnt just said "ok, we will do another season, but after 2009 we will be out"?

If they had the money, why they didnt made the management buyout before? They took three months for it...

The delay in Hondas situation tells me that they dont have enough money for a full season. Brawn said last week, by monday we would have a decision. Its tuesday now and they dont have a decision yet. Now they postponed it to Thursday.

Its all a box of lies atm really. No one is saying the truth until we see the cars on track...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 09:46PM by Bruninho.
So why didn't they take Bruno? If cash is so important, $14m would have helped a huge amount.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy