DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No offense Bruno, but you also said Senna was 100%
> confirmed for the seat, and now it appears he
> isn't. Haug has just confirmed that there is talks
> -
>
> "There are talks but no decision."

Dude, its not me confirming that hes not in talks with them. Bruno Senna himself is denying it to the press.

Page three, third post of this thread.

- I really talked with Norbert Haug, but only about Formula 1. We didnt talked anything about DTM. My interest is racing in F1. Only after that i'll think in any alternative.

Berger is one of Sennas career advisors. Considering the advices he gave to Senna through the career, like the direct move from karts to F-BMW then F3 and GP2... he'll most likely tell him to stick with GP2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 05:03PM by Bruninho.
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 04, 2009 05:03PM
Posted by: J i m
Whilst that may or may not have been true. The situation may well have changed since then. What is there to say that at that time Bruno was not considering DTM, but has since changed his mind?

I appreciate that you've at least tried to balance out your posting in the last couple of days Bruninho.. but you really do need to stop stating your wishes as fact and you need to acknowledge that there are people who are far better informed in such matters as yourself.

I'm sure many of here would like to see Senna in F1, myself included. However good sense as well as the available evidence suggests that isn't going to happen this year.
Date: March 04, 2009 05:09PM
Posted by: Nickv
Now tell me, why would Mercedes lie about it?
Date: March 04, 2009 05:27PM
Posted by: danm
I think its just a case of Senna's last statement made a few days ago said no DTM link. It's old now.

But more recently, Mercedes and Haug have released a newer statement yesterday and today saying that there have been talks, but just talks.

I would say that because the Mercedes statement is most recent, for all we know a lot could have changed, especially coincided with Rubens' sudden rekindling to ex-Honda. What may have been no interest three days ago could now be interest or talks.

As Bruno Senna hasn't made a statement in reply to Haug and Mercedes' latest statements today, then it must be said that Bruno Senna's non DTM talks of a few days ago are perhaps outdated. Until he releases a new statement, the non interest in DTM is old news.

The same way Irvine's latest F1 statements many years ago involved him becoming a potential team owner and a team boss. They were his last F1 statements we know of, but just because they are the 'latest' that we have from him, doesn't mean they still stand. That was 5 years ago and we havent heard from since.

We haven't heard from Senna since fresh talks of DTM came about. First wave of DTM talks was a no, Senna said himself. Correct. Second wave of DTM talks yesterday and today, circumstances have changed. Senna has yet to comment, meaning things could have changed.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 05:31PM by danm.
Nickv Wrote:
> Now tell me, why would Mercedes lie about it?

Now tell me, how can you be confident that GPUpdate.net is a reliable source?

There is not a reliable source atm for all that Honda mess. The only thing we can say for sure is when we see them driving.

Autosport has already published wrongly an interview with Senna where it looked like he had already signed with them. Then Senna himself came to the press (I read it in two brazilian sources) to say that he didnt said these exact words to Autosport, he said them in a "conditional way", or in other words, he talked about the possibilities, the "IFs".

But I have my own confidence in my interpretation of the things, and I believe that hes returning to GP2. Why? Because most of the drivers with who he'll be fighting for the 2009/2010 F1 seats are there.

Date: March 04, 2009 05:33PM
Anyone else thought that the triple Mercedes options in F1 now with three teams, Senna could actually end up in a Force India next season as much as an ex-Honda!?

I think that would be a brilliant opportunity, not only just for the McLaren links...

For Force India there are other Mercedes drivers in the queue ahead of him because of Mercedes preference - Di Resta, Paffett, De La Rosa...

It would be just 1 seat. Sutil is german, Mercedes wants a german driver so they'd probably stick with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 05:38PM by Bruninho.
Date: March 04, 2009 05:38PM
Posted by: chet
In place of Sutil imo.

Giancarlo fully deserves his seat, and whilst Sutil put in some good drives but they only come in mixed conditions it seems.

It wont happen, VM is pretty happy with both drivers atm, and it would cause quite an uproar if Sutil or Giancarlo were to be punted out.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 04, 2009 05:41PM
Yeah but come on... Senna would for sure get the chance over Paffet and De La Rosa! De la Rosa is OLD! Safe hands, but old. It would be better him help develop I think, much like Wurz did. Wurz lost his fighting spirit in the Williams.

Paffet hasn't raced single seater open wheelers much had he? Mostly DTM, so he is mor eunproven as a racer, not so much as a tester.

Di Resta, true, is a good candidate, but he is still pretty young isn't he? Maybe a few more years to develop into a higher tier of formula?

With Mercedes you never know what they will do, I'd not take anything as granted with them.

If I was Senna i'd say to Mercedes: "Put it a contract, a paper, to guarantee that you are giving me a F1 seat in 2010, no matter which team is it, then I can drive for your factory."

This time he has to put the things in a sheet of paper, not to be fooled again by bad characters like Ross Brawn.

yes, de la Rosa would me much better suited to the US team rather than FI or Former Honda.

there's no reason they couldn't have Senna in one team, and Paffet/Di Resta in the other one. I can't see more than two of Barrichello/Button/Sutil/Fisichella making it into 2010.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 04, 2009 06:42PM
Posted by: chet
Been going round a few forums.

I quite like it, I hope he is that fired up lol!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Did I miss something again? Is Senna now driving for McLaren in 2010... has he won the championship already... Damn, I need to stop blinking and missing things.
I'd laugh at it if there was a possibility, that on thursday, they announce Senna and Button, then Mantovani would paint Senna shooting him back to the coffin and repainting his... tombstone. hehehe.

Livio delivers right, again.
Date: March 04, 2009 07:16PM
Bruninho schreef:
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Now tell me, why would Mercedes lie about it?
>
> Now tell me, how can you be confident that
> GPUpdate.net is a reliable source?
>
> There is not a reliable source atm for all that
> Honda mess. The only thing we can say for sure is
> when we see them driving.
>
> Autosport has already published wrongly an
> interview with Senna where it looked like he had
> already signed with them. Then Senna himself came
> to the press (I read it in two brazilian sources)
> to say that he didnt said these exact words to
> Autosport, he said them in a "conditional way", or
> in other words, he talked about the possibilities,
> the "IFs".

If you look at it like that, you can't trust any source. So not your two Brazilian ones either.

> But I have my own confidence in my interpretation
> of the things, and I believe that hes returning to
> GP2. Why? Because most of the drivers with who
> he'll be fighting for the 2009/2010 F1 seats are
> there.

In other words, you also think Barrichello is getting the seat then?
As for Senna, are there any decent seats left? He can't wait much longer, seats are running out there.
Nickv Wrote:
> If you look at it like that, you can't trust any
> source. So not your two Brazilian ones either.

Touche. Its a draw now. :)

> (Second quote here)
No, I dont think hes getting the seat. I am just waiting for thursday announcement.

> As for Senna, are there any decent seats left? He
> can't wait much longer, seats are running out
> there.

Decent seats left? Dude, this is GP2. All cars are equal. Any car there will do for him. Theres not a such thing like "decent seats" in GP2. I dont believe in that bs concerning lower formulas where all cars are equal.

Date: March 04, 2009 07:29PM
The cars are equal, the staff however isn't. It can't be coincedence that the same teams have been at the front for years.

Also, why would people switch teams in GP2 then? Going by your logic it wouldn't make a difference.

EDIT: A great example is Timo Glock.

[en.wikipedia.org]

As you can see, driving for BCN he didn't do much good, points were rare. As soon as he switched to iSport he started getting podiums and victories. 'Coincedentally', iSport is a team that has constantly been to the front for the last few years. If this isn't proof enogh that teams do matter in GP2, then I give up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 07:37PM by Nickv.
Date: March 04, 2009 08:45PM
Posted by: TC
You are of course forgetting that Senna is so awesome he doesn't need staff to help him out.
[en.f1-live.com]

'And Senna is quoted as saying by Germany's Sport Bild: "Now I have to try to remain as close as possible to a manufacturer that is also represented in Formula One."'

That's got Senna entering DTM with Mercedes for 2009 written all over it in my opinion...

GP2 wouldn't be remaining 'as close as possible to a manufacturer that is also represented in Formula One' (Although of course i'm aware that it's GP2 'by Renault' - But it hasn't exactly helped Senna into a Renault or a Red Bull cockpit so far has it?!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 12:01PM by **Taylor**.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy