Brawn GP (topic rename)

Posted by DaveEllis 
The things arent confirmed yet... it is still newspaper bs to sell its paper. IMO it can be the other way around: the f(censored) u(censored) slow driver going to DTM and Senna taking the Honda/Brackley/Brawn seat. I believe in this theory, particularly because of Haug saying that it would be a surprising name for DTM. No one had speculated about him going to DTM so thats where the surprise would come.

And to add more sense to my theory, today Senna himself has already denied the DTM rumours.

I'll only believe in someone when we see the team testing at Barcelona. Let me be honest. If it's the f(censored) p(censored) at the wheel, i hope they dont last 4 races and fail epically. If its Senna, yay!

Wild theory - maybe Senna will join McLaren as a tester, leaving one of McLaren's current testers to join DTM? De La Rosa or Paffet? Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wild theory - maybe Senna will join McLaren as a
> tester, leaving one of McLaren's current testers
> to join DTM? De La Rosa or Paffet? Wouldn't
> surprise me tbh.

I doubt that Senna would accept it. He's 26 yrs old, he needs to start his career asap and not as a test driver. Also, if he gets a contract with McLaren/Mercedes in this form, he knows that he would never be given the chance to race Lewis in equal conditions when he gets the seat. Lewis is the number 1 at McLaren, it may not be as well known as the usual Ferrari team orders but its the same thing atm no matter how much Ron denies this. Hockenheim 2008 anyone? Ask Kovalainen if his tyres were correctly fitted @ Shanghai...

EDIT: I forgot to say, that Mercedes has other names in their queue for the 2nd McLaren Seat, way ahead of Senna. Paul Di Resta is one of them. And there are news floating around where Mercedes say "we want a german driver, but atm we are happy with the finn (Heikki)."

So McLaren would never be a realistic option for Senna.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 08:41PM by Bruninho.
Re: Rubens confirmed at Brackley/Honda/Brawn/Whatever?
Date: March 02, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: Nickv
Why would Senna join McLaren as a tester instead of Honda? Wouldn't make much of a difference to me. At Honda he has a much greater chance to get a race seat.

If Senna can't get a race seat at Honda, he should sign as a tester. He may not test a lot, but at least he's still in the picture and linked to a team. If Barrichello retires at the end of the year, he has a bigger chance to get his seat if he stays connected to the team. Meanwhile, he can still be a race driver in GP2.
Nickv Wrote:
> Why would Senna join McLaren as a tester instead
> of Honda? Wouldn't make much of a difference to
> me. At Honda he has a much greater chance to get a
> race seat.
>

Thats why the news posted by someone about Mercedes/DTM stuff did not made sense to me so I preferred to ignore it and dont trust it.

> If Senna can't get a race seat at Honda, he should
> sign as a tester. He may not test a lot, but at
> least he's still in the picture and linked to a
> team. If Barrichello retires at the end of the
> year, he has a bigger chance to get his seat if he
> stays connected to the team. Meanwhile, he can
> still be a race driver in GP2.

Possible, but not a good idea for him. He wouldnt get enough mileage, he wouldnt learn the tracks that makes the F1 calendar. And hes getting old. Based in these arguments he cannot wait anymore, he must race now to make the most of his short career. He's 26, surely he has only more 5 or 4 years of career. I doubt that he would stay for more than that at F1. Well, I for one prefer to think that he wouldnt stay after 6 years.

i wouldnt mind about that idea if he was 6 yrs younger, but blame on his family for not allowing him to race until 2004 when he had graduated at uni (administration) then his mother asked him what he wanted to do. The answer then we all know what was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 08:49PM by Bruninho.
Date: March 02, 2009 08:50PM
If he can't get a race seat now for whatever reason, you suggest he should go to GP2. Why can't he be tester, as an extra thing, to at least get some mileage.

Why will he only have 5 years of carreer? He's 31 then. Some drivers continue until they're 38.
Date: March 02, 2009 09:02PM
Posted by: EC83
Bruninho Wrote:
> flat tyre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wild theory - maybe Senna will join McLaren as
> a
> > tester, leaving one of McLaren's current
> testers
> > to join DTM? De La Rosa or Paffet? Wouldn't
> > surprise me tbh.
>
> I doubt that Senna would accept it. He's 26 yrs
> old, he needs to start his career asap and not as
> a test driver. Also, if he gets a contract with
> McLaren/Mercedes in this form, he knows that he
> would never be given the chance to race Lewis in
> equal conditions when he gets the seat. Lewis is
> the number 1 at McLaren, it may not be as well
> known as the usual Ferrari team orders but its the
> same thing atm no matter how much Ron denies this.
> Hockenheim 2008 anyone? Ask Kovalainen if his
> tyres were correctly fitted @ Shanghai...
>
> EDIT: I forgot to say, that Mercedes has other
> names in their queue for the 2nd McLaren Seat, way
> ahead of Senna. Paul Di Resta is one of them. And
> there are news floating around where Mercedes say
> "we want a german driver, but atm we are happy
> with the finn (Heikki)."
>
> So McLaren would never be a realistic option for
> Senna.

He's not 26 quite yet. And if he ever were to drive at McLaren alongside Lewis, you can rest assured he'd be allowed to race Lewis and beat him if he was good enough to. Lewis might officially be #1 in the team but that situation is still a long way away from being like the MS-Ferrari situation. Note that Heikki has never been quick enough to give Lewis a serious challenge at any point yet, and going by his 2008 results, isn't a potential title challenger. So considering those things, asking him to help Lewis out occasionally isn't unreasonable.

EC83 Wrote:
> He's not 26 quite yet.

Yes he's 25 atm, but what I am talking is that he will be 26 this year, and by the time he would get a seat in 2010 as most people here suggests, he would be considerably old for it.

Bruno Senna Lalli (born October 15, 1983 in São Paulo)

> And if he ever were to
> drive at McLaren alongside Lewis, you can rest
> assured he'd be allowed to race Lewis and beat him
> if he was good enough to. Lewis might officially
> be #1 in the team but that situation is still a
> long way away from being like the MS-Ferrari
> situation.

Based in what you can defend your argument? I dont trust Ron or Whitmarsh. Still, no one explained why Heikki left room for Lewis to pass him through the hairpin, without defending, at Hockenheim. And at the sme time, TV showed Ron pressing the radio button in his pitbox, and no one had explained yet why Heikki was running tyres wrongly fitted at Shanghai. These are perfect examples of what a team can do to defend their #1 against their #2 driver. Alonso himself can say more about that as he had his tyre pressures sabotaged in one 2007 qualifying session.

> Note that Heikki has never been quick
> enough to give Lewis a serious challenge at any
> point yet, and going by his 2008 results, isn't a
> potential title challenger. So considering those
> things, asking him to help Lewis out occasionally
> isn't unreasonable.

Oh rly? There were moments when given the chance, Heikki could beat him; he had even qualified better than him in some races. His 2008 results were more of bad luck or team interference to blame for than his performance really.

One thing I can say for sure, Senna will never help Lewis or any teammate in that form (giving positions for the championship, team orders or whatever is the name of this dirty tactic) if asked to.

Date: March 02, 2009 09:14PM
Posted by: danm
put Rosberg in that no.2 macca and see sunshine boy lewis' smile fade!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
lol dan.

Surely it could be good for Senna join a team as a test driver yet complete a full schedule for the GP2?
danm Wrote:
> put Rosberg in that no.2 macca and see sunshine
> boy lewis' smile fade!

Thats possible but I have my doubts after Rosbergs 2008 season :(

Date: March 02, 2009 09:39PM
Posted by: J i m
Rosberg might ultimately be a better bet than Kovalainen, but I doubt he'd have dented Hamilton's success too much.

As much as I'd like to believe that Rosberg is race winning and title challenging material... he does have too many rough edges to smooth off as yet.
Date: March 02, 2009 09:51PM
Posted by: EC83
Bruninho Wrote:
> Based in what you can defend your argument? I dont
> trust Ron or Whitmarsh.

Absolutely. Take the DC/Hakkinen driver pairing, for one example. Mika wasn't officially #1, but he might as well have been for all Ron's approach to him was. And yet whenever DC was ahead of Mika in a points position and was still in contention for the championship, he was always allowed to stay ahead.
As far as I know, Melbourne 1998 was a pre-race agreement between the drivers only. But even if the "first corner" rule was a team order, it was still a flat-out race between the drivers down to the first corner, and DC would have got it had he made the better start.

> Alonso himself can say more about that as
> he had his tyre pressures sabotaged in one 2007
> qualifying session.

Mmmmmm... If Alonso did say that I'm still not sure I'd trust him TBH. This was the guy who threatened Ron with publicising all the "Spygate" emails if Ron didn't grant him unconditional #1 status in the team, and who protested about the same issue by swerving across the track towards the pitwall at Indy in 2007. He was extremely bitter(and still is) about it afterwards as well. So I don't doubt that he said what he said, but how much truth was actually in it is dubious.

The surprising name in DTM could be a certain M. Schumacher, after all he did drive for Mercedes in World Sportscars before Formula 1. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a year or a few races in DTM just to see what its like. It'd be one more class that he'd dominate in.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 02, 2009 10:16PM
Posted by: marcl
Maybe Bruno can race in F2 and see if he can win a championship, he has failed in the rest.
Date: March 02, 2009 10:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
danm Wrote:
> put Rosberg in that no.2 macca and see sunshine
> boy lewis' smile fade!

there is nothing more i would like than to see hamilton demolished by a team mate. rosberg would be a particularly good candidate for the job
Date: March 02, 2009 10:19PM
turkey_machine schreef:
> The surprising name in DTM could be a certain M.
> Schumacher, after all he did drive for Mercedes in
> World Sportscars before Formula 1. I wouldn't be
> surprised to see him do a year or a few races in
> DTM just to see what its like. It'd be one more
> class that he'd dominate in.

It wouldn't. I remember him stating that he thought that DTM was much more difficult than he thought and that he'd never be as good in DTM cars as he was in F1 cars.
Date: March 02, 2009 10:48PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
well he would say that. but you know for a fact he would just destroy everyone everyday, before tea.
Of course not possible to assure yet who received (or will receive) the invite, however I do believe from these drivers the higher chance is for Bruno eventually, perhaps Mercedes wants to have a close look then depending on that, promote him in a near future.

The commentator who works for the Brazilian channel BandSports (responsible for the DTM broadcasting in the country), Eduardo Melo, informed yesterday that the deal with Bruno is pratically confirmed nonetheless.
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> Of course not possible to assure yet who received
> (or will receive) the invite, however I do believe
> from these drivers the higher chance is for Bruno
> eventually, perhaps Mercedes wants to have a close
> look then depending on that, promote him in a near
> future.
>

IMO it is not going to happen, Mercedes has other drivers in their F1 queue ahead of him, like Paul Di Resta.

> The commentator who works for the Brazilian
> channel BandSports (responsible for the DTM
> broadcasting in the country), Eduardo Melo,
> informed yesterday that the deal with Bruno is
> pratically confirmed nonetheless.

In who you'll trust, the silly uncredited commentator of a low profile brazilian TV channel called "BandSports" or Bruno Senna himself who is the driver in this history?

I prefer to trust in Bruno's words. He refused to drive a DTM today - He had even assured that he talked about F1 and only F1 with Norbert Haug, and about DTM, he said it was bs.

At this point of this Honda novel, everything is media bs until we see the car on track with their drivers at Barcelona. Then we will see who spoke the truth, but if he doesnt get the seat, hes going back to GP2, he said it many times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 11:15PM by Bruninho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy