Posted by Frantic 
Re: WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
Date: January 31, 2009 09:56PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh really? What if Glock could mantain Hamilton
> back to him?

Without tyres? There is not a chance in earth that he would be able to do it. Glock himself said that his first priority was to keep the car on track as it was difficult to do given how bad his tyres was. And Vettel backed up his words later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 09:57PM by Bruninho.
Date: January 31, 2009 09:59PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Glock was slow, so the title was decided when Toyota decided not to pit for new tyres again.

But that was a formality. HE just had to finish fifth and so he did. He was never close to lose it, Hammy had everything under control.

So McLaren were in cahoots with Toyota to organise that Hamilton finished 5th? This gets stranger and stranger....

If we shouldn't give a f**k about who came second in the World Championship by 1 point, maybe we should give even less of a f**k about someone who came 12th, 40 points behind his team-mate, and maybe you should follow your own advice.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:03PM
You know what? Im fed up of this. I will just let Piquet answer you guys on track, and I will just let the Ferrari #2 to continue showing how crap he is and why he will never win a title. At the end of the day, who will be laughing? me, because I was right since the start.

I was right in 2006 when I said that Alonso was going to win the title.
I was right in 2007 when I said that Raikkonen was going to win it.
I was right in 2008 when I said that Hamilton was going to win it.
I'll be right again in 2009 when we arrive at another "title battle" or whatever it is called. And the Ferrari #2 will not be in that battle.

Date: January 31, 2009 10:08PM
So who's going to win it so?
Date: January 31, 2009 10:10PM
The Lopper Wrote:
> So who's going to win it so?

Just so you can win some money betting on it? ;) No, I will do that by myself ;)

Date: January 31, 2009 10:12PM
So you haven't a clue in other words?
Date: January 31, 2009 10:14PM
(insert sarcasm here) I do. But its a secret otherwise Bernie Ecclestone would not be happy to see his show being spoiled out :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 10:14PM by Bruninho.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:15PM
I see.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:17PM
So... another attempt to go back on topic. What about Imola instead of a "rome gp" ? No one noticed that the final chicane is gone?

Date: January 31, 2009 10:17PM
Posted by: mika19b
Will it wont be Piquet ;)
Date: January 31, 2009 10:21PM
It can't see it going back there, not the way Formula 1 is run now. Actually I like Imola, and even in it's neutered state, I think it's a pretty good circuit. The main criticism was the pitlane I think, and that has been completely revamped. I think under a roving "European" Grand Prix, we might see a return.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:22PM
Posted by: Frantic
Bruninho Wrote:
> So... another attempt to go back on topic. What
> about Imola instead of a "rome gp" ? No one
> noticed that the final chicane is gone?

Didnt noticed but they should restore that chicane and restore some of the fast curves (with a LOT more of safety than 1994 :()

And what about put Argentina and USA back in F1? We only have 1 race in America now... And at least in Argentina (my home :)) all people loves cars... Didn´t see the public in Dakar?

I know economical situation in ARG isnt very good... But with some invertions the GP would be very nice...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 10:26PM by Frantic.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:24PM
Can't bring back Tamburello I'm afraid, there's a river running too close behind the wall to have a flat out corner. And I actually like what they did to Villeneuve, so I don't mind it staying.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:27PM
I think that Imola can return. Imola is now allowed to host test sessions, lets see how it will be.
[www.forumula1.net]

The problems pointed out by that driver can be easily fixed, I think.

As for Tamburello, yeah I would love to see it back to its former glory, the river is indeed a part of the problem. They can still change the course of the river by building an underground route for the water thus creating more space for the run off area, cant they?

Eau Rouge is named after a river that crosses this part of Spa, so I cant see the problem in doing the same structure to bring Tamburello back?

The only "aerial" pic i could find of Tamburello

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 10:35PM by Bruninho.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:36PM
Well they probably could, but it'd cost a bomb to do all this and then the track'd probably fail safety inspections because it's too fast. Not to mention what the EU would have to say about building a whole run-off area over a medium sized river.

Besides, Eau Rouge goes straight over a tiny river, a stream more than anything. Look for aerial views of Imola, it's a biggish river and the track basically turns alongside it.
Date: January 31, 2009 10:37PM
The Lopper Wrote:
> Well they probably could, but it'd cost a bomb to
> do all this and then the track'd probably fail
> safety inspections because it's too fast. Not to
> mention what the EU would have to say about
> building a whole run-off area over a medium sized
> river.
>
> Besides, Eau Rouge goes straight over a tiny
> river, a stream more than anything. Look for
> aerial views of Imola, it's a biggish river and
> the track basically turns alongside it.

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for that info, but I couldnt find it.

Date: January 31, 2009 10:56PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Glad to see this is back on topic again, I would like to point out however though I (and many other users) are not Massa Fan boys. TBH when it comes to it I'm quite neutral, and more likely to favour the underdog whoever it may be... the reason he gets defended here is you're so damn ignorant yourself you can't see past the fact that you're baiting people into an argument by prasing Piquet who is quite clearly not upto the challenge of being in a decent F1 car........ Think of Gav's stats.... when Massa's not with it he'll have a few spins and on many occasions STILL scrape a few points. When he's on form he's in a league of his own..... When Piquets on form he's distinctivly average, and when he's not on form he's a massive headache for those poor Renault mechanics.

I too would actually like to see a more definative answer to this years wondeful prediction....

Personally i'd quite like to see Vettel do well this year... Not sure he's championship material just yet but I'd like to see him and redbull win some races this year.

Concerning tracks I like the new Imola. I watched the WTCC race there last year and it's quite nice and flowing, I think that in it's own right would be a bloody quick section of track in an F1 car, from Rivazza (T15) up past the pits into Traguardo (T1).... would be interesting to see some Teams go test there and see some footage.
on the subject of there being a Race in Rome. Like someone said a few pages back these sort of things are always cropping up, i wouldn't like to see it happen, I think there are enough tight twister tracks on the calendar as it is. And for anyone thats ever been to Monza for any race meeting will know it's got a buzz about it and it'll be a shame to lose another circuit with some history and character....... but on the other side if we were going to gain another circuit capable of providing lots of exciting racing..... I'm all for it.
Date: January 31, 2009 11:25PM
What's the story with Brno? I've seen it from A1GP and Moto GP and it looks like a good circuit plus I think it's in the right part of the world for bringing new fans. I guess it's a long circuit, but presumably there is another reason why it's never been considered.
Date: February 01, 2009 08:39AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I think that Imola can return. Imola is now allowed to host test sessions, lets see how it will be.

No, it can't. Imola is a FIA Grade 2 circuit. Only Grade 1s can hold F1 races,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 01, 2009 10:00AM
Posted by: J i m
Bruninho Wrote:
> Oh lets praise
> Robert Kubica for being so close to a title
> battle... (sarcasm being put here).

Kubica's performance and result, is far more praise worthy than your bum chum's, who managed to crash out 7 or 8 times all on his own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy