2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early, but hey...

Posted by msater 
2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early, but hey...
Date: October 10, 2008 06:23PM
Posted by: msater
Post your thoughts on what will happen in the 2009 season here...

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 07:04PM by msater.
I thought it was great. Was nice to see Schumacher back again, and Barrichello win another race!

Piquet was still a n00b though...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
@Red Sam
What the...

Re: 2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early, but hey...
Date: October 10, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: Peat
teehee

My thoughts on 2009 are that there will be no F1 race because the Earth will be swallowed into a black hole created by that CERN thing.
C'mon people, by sensible. I want to know what everyone else thinks will happen during the 2009 season!!!

Then wait about a month until this season is over so we can have a driver line up idea and team situation
lol, ok!

I think that it has the potential to be one of the most open seasons for a good while. With the new rules, some people will move up the grid, I'd imagine.

I still reckon McLaren and Ferrari will be up there. BMW will be there or thereabouts. I hope Honda jump up a bit, and Adrian Newey historically produces good cars to new rules.

With regards to Williams, I believe they have a mechanical, flywheel KERS solution - which could work well if the electronic versions break down on other cars...

For what its worth, I would go for Hamilton for the championship, but if BMW are at the top, either Heidfeld or Kubica could be in with a shout IMO.

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Piquet, Rosberg and Senna will fight for the title.

matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Piquet, Rosberg and Senna will fight for the
> title.

ROFL

Button for championship. Seriously.

Honda will move up the grid. From bottom 2 to last of the top 7.

Williams should be stronger and potentially fight Renault and BMW for 3rd spot, Toyota should improve without those 38 thousand winglets but I'm sure they'll have downforce issues so I'd say they'll be heading the 3rd group (1- McLaren/Ferrari, 2-Renault/BMW/Williams, 3-RBR/Toyota/Toro Rosso, 4- Honda/Force India) with RBR if they carry the Ferrari engine. I believe McLaren will still have the best car.
I think if Adrian Newey designs a good chasis, and Red Bull get a good engine, maybe Seb Vettel/Mark Webber could make a big impact next year IMO.

I don´t really see anything changing dramatically. I think Honda will improve and be up with Redbull, Renault and Toyota. BMW could move a bit closer to Ferrari and Mclaren and everyone else will be pretty much where they are now.
Williams/Toyota/Renault going backwards? FI will be closer. Honda much further up levl with RBR. If Torro Roso are still about i think maybe drop back? I think BMW will be even more competitive as they have dropped back late season. Mclaren i can see being first with Ferrari second.

there will be more unreliability, and the teams will be spread out a bit more i think.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 10, 2008 08:05PM
Posted by: gav
Little will change, performance wise.

I agree with SchueyFan in that there will be a few more failure, though they'll be little electronic glitches. Not that many, but perhaps a 3 or 4 in the opening few rounds.

Top won't change. It'll still be Ferrari vs McLaren, though BMW ought to be capable of winning a couple on pace alone, but neither the car or drivers will be capable of stitching together a championship, in my opinion.

Newey always manages to come up with a great core chassis shape, and that ought to be of more benefit next year, so I expect RBR racing will be a little closer, but still won't win or fight for regular podiums. Renault will continue to bridge the gap with them. Toyota could continue their good form this season and will likely be next best. The rest will just be the same, though probably in a slightly different order race by race, just as it is now.
How I'd love more unreliability.
For me it was much more exciting in the days when ten or so cars would fail to finish, producing memorable races and shock results.
It was great watching and being on the edge of my seat, wondering if the leader was going to make it to the end, and whether a minnow would scrape a point.
Those days are gone, but i'd still like a lot more unreliability.
Maybe they could allow only one or two days of pre season testing or something, would spice things up a bit? Or maybe I'm just living in fantasy land? ;)
Date: October 10, 2008 08:15PM
Posted by: chet
All I hope is Williams revival and Honda improve to consistantly score points.

And Renault back becuase I fancy/want another Alonso championship.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Heres another thought: due to the economic conditions, one manufacturer will pull out of F1. I reckon it will be Renault, especially if they don't make progress.

RedSam

Renault won't pull out.

And I see where people are hopeful of having Honda improve but where are you getting these ideas from? Even when they had amazing promise in winter testing they failed horribly, so now as their testing pace sucks there's no hope of improving.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy