2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early, but hey...

Posted by msater 
Re: 2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early, but hey...
Date: November 03, 2008 11:46AM
Posted by: Nickv
That's not true. I don't know what the real reason was, but that's not the case. IN 2004 Sato got the number 3 car at BAR because 3 was the Japanese lucky number.
I think that was just speculation..do you have a source saying because where he finished in wdc meant he had to have 22?

I think he was given that car because that effectivly is the mclaren 'number 1' car and he had been there already whereas Heikki was coming in so thus him being given the 2nd car.

I remember reading one year, because Montoya finished ahead of Ralf in the title, Williams gave him the choice of number for the next year. So I assume Ferrari will give Fellipe the choice, and I assume he will take number 3. And I assume Kubica will take number 5. Also remember in 06 when Barrichello joined Honda, Button gave him number 11 because it was Rubens lucky number, whereas you would expect Button to take number 11 because he was already with the team.

most teams seem to give it to the highest point scorer the previous year - but this year Sutil and Bourdais were ahead of Fisi and Vettel, so there's clearly no set rule.

i'd imagine that Felipe will take #3, and Kubica #5.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 03, 2008 02:22PM
Posted by: red 5
Date: November 03, 2008 01:07AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE (IP Logged)

Rodrigo007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nop , it because they're sorted by the wdc table
> so as Felipe finished in front of Kimi and Robert
> in front of Nick so they get the first numbers

im sure only the wdc's team is sorted like that and the rest do not matter regarding where they finished in the wdc

i think kimi will still be 3 and massa 4

this is spoiler. you do know that do you?

possibly, but anyone interested in F1 surely would have watched the race by now, and if not, wouldn't visit a f1 forum.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 03, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: red 5
yes but rulez are to be obayed no matter what.

red 5 Wrote:
> Re: 2009 season thread- I know it's a bit early,
> but hey...
> Date: November 03, 2008 01:07AM
> Posted by: DJSKYLINE (IP Logged)
>
> Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > nop , it because they're sorted by the wdc table
>
> > so as Felipe finished in front of Kimi and
> Robert
> > in front of Nick so they get the first numbers
>
> im sure only the wdc's team is sorted like that
> and the rest do not matter regarding where they
> finished in the wdc
>
> i think kimi will still be 3 and massa 4
>
> this is spoiler. you do know that do you?

no sorry i thought a spoiler is something that goes on the rear of a car...;)
plus the spoiler is in rodrigo's post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 04:11PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: November 03, 2008 04:19PM
Posted by: J i m
red 5 Wrote:
> yes but rulez are to be obayed no matter what.

How very noble of you to say that... perhaps you should stop "pot stirring" and "baiting"
Date: November 03, 2008 05:32PM
Posted by: MrMan
Senna also has a test scheduled with Torro Rosso, evaluating the drivers for next year. I hope Bourdais stays on, he's not done a bad job for what is his rookie season, he's also had some bad luck on the way. Wonder if Buemi is in the frame for a drive at STR? He's been replaced as RBR's test driver for next year by some Spanish 18 year old, I think.

Seb Loeb will be testing for redbull at silverstone this month!

Seb Loeb in F1 instead of Seb Bourdais ^^
loeb in F1 would be interesting, but i guess is that he wouldnt be fast enough in the same way no F1 driver could go and be competitive in rallying, they are just too different disciplines these days.
Cant see a massive change in the relative positions of the teams next year to be honest. However much will depend on how good the renault is i reckon on whether Alonso can get in the mix, i suspect he would make less mistakes than some of the other contenders.....
Yh we will see how far he is off f1 drivers pace during the test as that will be against current f1 drivers / testers

Bourdais Should keep his seat he has had some very bad luck this year it can only get better for him

The Thunder from Downunder

The_Ozz_Man Wrote:
> Bourdais Should keep his seat he has had some very
> bad luck this year it can only get better for him

+100

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
The_Ozz_Man ecrit:
> Bourdais Should keep his seat he has had some very
> bad luck this year it can only get better for him

I was just joking, I support Bourdais too :) But it has a bad year... And a Sebastien who replace another Sebastien... lol^^
possibly another Sebastien (Buemi) replacing the departed Sebastian (Vettel) at Toro Rosso! ;)

equalling two Sebastiens (Bourdais, Buemi) at Toro Rosso and a trio of Sebastie(a)ns (Bourdais, Buemi, Vettel) and a Mark in the entire Red Bull F1 family! ;)
I hope Rubens goes to STR with Senna goes to Honda, but I think the STR would be the better car for 2009. Kick Bourdais out and have Senna and Buemi on STR! ;)

The Loeb test is probably in the same level as the Rossi tests for Ferrari, nothing to be taken seriously.
Guimengo Wrote:
> Kick Bourdais out and have Senna and
> Buemi on STR! ;)
>
>

/obligatory :D

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy