Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 20, 2007 08:04PM
Posted by: gav
Haven't the rear ones have always turned? They're part of the wheel essentially.

The fronts aren't allowed to turn because the front wheels obviously change direction.

//edit: Most striking thing about qualifying (it bored me silly for some reason)... I thought Emerson looked incredibly frail :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2007 08:05PM by gav.
Date: October 20, 2007 08:27PM
Posted by: Stan
rear ones are connected to the rim so they rotate with it, always have been like that, the front ones dont rotate at all since they are connected to the wheel nut thingy

Date: October 20, 2007 08:47PM
Posted by: Karan
That was bit of a ragged last lap by Kimi. He should be able to get ahead of Massa tomorrow at some point during the race, even if it takes Ferrari to organize it. Hamilton looks pretty solid for a podium however...would be nice if he has some issues like Schumi last year, to make the finale a tad more tantalizing.

Date: October 20, 2007 08:49PM
Posted by: elemental
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yup i agree. from looking at 2006 start the toyota
> in p3 had better start than kimi in mclaren in p2.
> So hopefully kimi can get along side Lewis into
> turn 1 and pass him there

Did they resurface the grid? In that case, I'd imagine the grip wouldn't be too bad from the "even" side.
Date: October 20, 2007 09:04PM
Posted by: Slash
yes but i saw the track very slippery, so i think the rubber on the clean side of the track will help Kimi get ahead of Hamilton
Date: October 20, 2007 09:22PM
elemental Wrote:
> Did they resurface the grid? In that case, I'd
> imagine the grip wouldn't be too bad from the
> "even" side.

Yeah, but it depends on when it was resurfaced. If it was done on Wednesday it won't be a problem. If it was done last November obviously a bit of dirt is going to have set in. :P

To be honest, it's not as clear-cut as on most tracks. The start and finish line is on such a slope that any dust which gathers is quickly wiped off the track as soon as it rains. That slope is going to be Hamilton's bigger concern, which isn't much of one. The Ferrari has a decent chance anyway. If Hamilton's got any sense at all he'll dive out of the way of any attack, and I expect the Kimi one to be pretty strong as he's got nothing at all to lose in contact. The Ferrari's have been the stronger off of the line in recent dry races too.
Date: October 20, 2007 10:58PM
Posted by: kv88
Hmm curious to see what Alonso will try in first corner... :p
Date: October 20, 2007 11:34PM
Posted by: Hologide
I wouldn't want to go in neck-n-neck with Massa in the first corner...

I reckon Massa is incredibly light - Hamilton lost 0.3 secs in the final sector (basically a straight line) which implies to me he has a lot more fuel, I would assume the same about the others. I guess Massa is just there to prevent the Maccas from driving away in the first stint, giving KR a chance to pull a surprise.

We shall see!

Mark Webber could be a wild card in all this....
Date: October 21, 2007 12:06AM
Hologide Wrote:
> Mark Webber could be a wild card in all this....

And a fairy's just flown up my arse.
Date: October 21, 2007 12:10AM
Posted by: Hologide
Haha!

You never know, if he slips up inside Alonso at the start....
Date: October 21, 2007 12:44AM
Posted by: chet
JBs worst qualifying for a long time...

RB got the job done, JB didn't, he hasnt looked good all weekend, tomorrows race will be a long one, and for me, it will be much easier if he retires... Id rather see JB retire and go out with a good few final races of the season than drive tomorrow.

The way he has looked in the car, i wouldnt be supprised if Sutil beats him to the finish...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 21, 2007 12:50AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
man i dont know if im crazy but to me looked like rubens got close to cry when the cams showed him in the box...

he was goin to get 10th but for less of tenth of a sec he didn get it...
Date: October 21, 2007 12:58AM
Posted by: Slash
lol i tought so too, but no, i think he was just exhausted, he did very well, probably pushing more than that piece of @#$%& car can do, in fron of his fans!, great job by him i must say
Date: October 21, 2007 01:02AM
Posted by: Lex
Agreed. I believe that the "tears" were just sweat. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: October 21, 2007 05:08AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
First race in a long time that I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully Hamilton's engine will give up on the middle of the race...
Date: October 21, 2007 05:15AM
Posted by: Flypeg
i think massa is not sooooo light

the diference between ham and massa in the last sector is prob wing difference, cuz in first sector massa was faster too. and being light is just as good in slow sectors as straight-fast sectors.
Date: October 21, 2007 09:36AM
Posted by: Nickv
Joe_Satriani schreef:
> First race in a long time that I'm not looking
> forward to. Hopefully Hamilton's engine will give
> up on the middle of the race...

Why not? Because your hero has only a small chance of winning the title?

BTW (and this is not particularly aimed at you), I think saying things like 'I hope driver X crashes' or 'I hope that driver Ys engine blows' are quite childish comments and it doesn't really show much confidence in 'your' driver if you think he needs others to retire to be able to win.
Date: October 21, 2007 10:01AM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:40AM by jawwad01.
Date: October 21, 2007 10:16AM
Posted by: brnco
//edit: Most striking thing about qualifying (it bored me silly for some reason)... I thought Emerson looked incredibly frail

Well he is sick (according to brazilian media it's psoriasis). Won't be around much longer I think. It'll be 11th WC to die. So said.

But it's life, once you're born you have 100% chance to die sometime in the future.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: October 21, 2007 10:55AM
brnco Wrote:
> Well he is sick (according to brazilian media it's
> psoriasis). Won't be around much longer I think.
> It'll be 11th WC to die. So said.

That only effects the joints, akin to arthritis.

He looked like he was wasting away, so little to him from the chest upwards. He was still racing professionally just over 10 years ago, and of course raced in that GP Masters race less than 2 years ago, and that wasn't a short race by any means.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy