Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by gary42 
Re: Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 03, 2007 01:46PM
Posted by: Sapo
Hehe, nope, i reacted on a non-excisting post. However, 2-0 for you now ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: October 03, 2007 03:45PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I wonder what the chances are of stephan chaning "senna"s account to "Idiot No 1" and "Brnco"'s to "Idiot No 2"

Date: October 04, 2007 12:14PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
[f1.gpupdate.net]

good on webber.

Date: October 04, 2007 02:30PM
Posted by: mikef1
Too right.
Date: October 04, 2007 03:13PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, at least he's not afraid to speak his mind ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 04, 2007 04:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
so before the video came to light, we all thought that Webber's comment live on ITV were directed at Vettel ("it's the kids isn't it, they do a great job and then f**k it all up!";), but after seeing what Lewis did, and now with Webber's comments, we can assume he directed his live comment at Lewis, although to everyone watching we assumed it was at Vettel cos he was the one who hit him.

or maybe in the heat of the moment he was angry with Vettel, but then later reflected and realised that Lewis was the catalyst to the whole incident.

another thing about Lewis, in the build-up to the Fuji race and qually, he said "I'll let my driving do the talking" as a response to questions about Alonso taking him wide at T1 at Spa, but then why did he do his talking in the press saying that Alonso has been disloyal and he doesn't want him in the team next year and the team should back him for the championship? a bit of a hypocrite there.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 04, 2007 04:45PM
Posted by: chet
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think he'd still have won the race had Webber
> not retired anyway, so i don't think they should
> take the win or points away, a grid drop penalty
> at China would be fair IMO.

(Muks its from the race thread for China, thought i'd quote it here because the other thread will get messy/messier ;))

But yeah this depends because Lewis's actions basically ended the races of two drivers in good posistions.

I imagine if he gets a penalty, and imo he should it will be a grid drop, thing is, im not so sure its harsh enough. I mean, for Lewis a gridpenalty is a small blow given the circumstances.. but for Webber and Vettel that was a gunshot lol. Especially Vettel adn Torro Rosso. Though what Lewis did was not trying to off put the drivers it could be seen as that.

edit - link found.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2007 04:58PM by chet.
Date: October 04, 2007 05:57PM
Posted by: Muks_C
nice of them to have a clip of Alonso testing in that report, lol.

and so as you can see, had Lewis driven at a constant speed at a constant distance from the safety car (as he said he would) then Webber wouldn't have had to brake and Vettel wouldn't have hit him.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 04, 2007 09:58PM
Posted by: danm
NeilPearson Wrote:
> I wonder what the chances are of stephan chaning
> "senna"s account to "Idiot No 1" and "Brnco"'s to
> "Idiot No 2"

LMFAO! Brilliant! ;)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 04, 2007 10:51PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
> But yeah this depends because Lewis's actions
> basically ended the races of two drivers in good
> posistions.

More importantly from STR's point of view, it's cost them millions of pounds, potentially running up the £10million mark had Vettel finished where he was or higher (and there wasn't anything to suggest otherwise). All for Lewis playing games. I think that's deserving of some sort of penalty.
Date: October 04, 2007 11:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
or maybe in the heat of the moment he was angry with Vettel, but then later reflected and realised that Lewis was the catalyst to the whole incident.

In the heat of the moment it is difficult to remember every detail. Webber would not have been thinking "this is an important situation, let's take it onboard". It is easily possible he simply didn't remember it all as it happened so fast and at the start seemed a quite insignificant incident, then after seeing the video and how extreme the situation was, changed his views.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy