Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by gary42 
Re: Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 30, 2007 05:10PM
Posted by: chet
Hamilton did not turn in on Kubica, Kubica ran wide into Lewis, he (kubica) thought Lewis was going wide, so went for the gap, only to find out it was Lewis's line.

Kubica should have waited.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 30, 2007 05:13PM
Posted by: Nickv
@ mshumi:

So you are claiming that there is some complot against Ferrari so they don't win? What a load of crap. Of course Ferrari did get it, but they might not have seen it. And, as said, it's been mentioned on numerous of other sources, they HAVE to have seen it. And they weren't penalized anyway, so what's your point?

I think the penalty for Kubica was a bit harsh though. Even though he wasn't gonna succeed in that corner anyway. I can't remember the collision between Alonso and Vettel that well, so I can't judge that.

And why would they drive under safety car? Maybe for safety? It was a swimming pool. The FIA obviously didn't want to have to stop the race, like on the Nurburgring, so they continued this way, preventing half the field would retire due to crashes and all. Even behind the safety car people spun, think about how many people would have spun if they raced immedeatly. Also, when the cars got 'released', there was a crash instantly.

Kimi did one 'real' stop. His first was to change tyres, the second was to add a bit of fuel and the third was a normal one. Kovalainen and Hamilton just skipped the first two.

F1 isn't becoming a joke. Your posts seem to be though. I mean, calling F1 a joke if your team doesn't win...
Date: September 30, 2007 05:20PM
Posted by: chet
That picture is gold ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 30, 2007 05:25PM
Posted by: Marco1
Finally an exciting race this season, Thanks to the random weather world wide, we are having some decent races, cause God knows the cars and drivers cannot provide that!

1) Lewis Hamilton, what a cocky prick. If he is like this now wait until he reaches his 30s Good God! He should have been at least put under investigation for those dangerous restarts, especially the first one where he was break testing Alonso and the pack behind them, frequently and rapidly, it was dangerous and unnecessary given the conditions.

2) Ferrari, I have no idea how that happened (everything that did happen to them) they seemed to have the best package considering they were set up for dry conditions. Its a pitty really, they need to be more consistant.

3) Alonso, a shame it happened the way it did. He is definantly leaving this team. Look at the responses by the boys in the pits when he crashed. If my team didnt support me like that I would be livid. He should leave asap.

4) Vettel, I feel bad for him, but hey we make mistakes. I love the class shown by the Ausie btw very nice, great grammer and nice vocabulary. A stand up guy.

5) Again, the FIA should have at least told hamilton to relax on the break testing. It was uneeded and uncalled for. IMO he probably initiated the crash between webber and vettel (we have no proof, due to the feed catching the accident while it was taking place). Hamilton is one lucky child and should be praising Ron Denis for a) prefering him over Alonso b) Copying the Ferrari's. Cheers
Date: September 30, 2007 05:35PM
Posted by: gav
He wasn't brake testing, he was trying to keep his tyres and brakes warm....
Date: September 30, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Why should he have to check the tyres?"

Because he was actually on the grid doing so.

Date: September 30, 2007 05:48PM
Posted by: Sapo
mschumi schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> exactly my point...hamilton did closed on him hard
> (cuz he didnt saw him) but okey, was race
> incident...but nooo...the fia tought lets punish
> kubica for slowind hamilton down a few secs, cuz
> he has to win the champ not alonso or kimi

Why for heaven's sake should the FIA want Lewis to win the CS instead of Alonso or Kimi?

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 30, 2007 05:49PM
"He wasn't brake testing, he was trying to keep his tires and brakes warm...."
~ gav

a) it was a downpour, no matter what you do, those tires are not going to be warm.

b) from the third last corner all through to the apex of the final corner, he was slamming on his breaks trying to force alonso off, it was dangerous and he should have been penalized. There is a load of footage showing this.

On top of everything, Martin Brundle confessed that it was a "bit much" ~ which translated from its original orgasmic homosexual British love affair with the 22yo to simple english implies, "He should not be doing such dangerous things in these conditions (at least)" or further translated from normal English into ~ I am British and bloody jealous of Michael Schumacher, Ferrari and the rest of the world in general ~ sounds like this "LH should be suspended, what unsportsmanlike-like conduct, all you fan boys stfu, I cant believe he did that he should be banished from formula one, OMG..OMG..OMG..Ferrari is the devil and so is Todt." ~

You see, however way you translate it the result is the same, Hamilton did an unnecessary thing and should have been given at least a drive through penalty, it was dangerous.
Date: September 30, 2007 05:53PM
Posted by: matt3454
imo Brundle is as unbiased as a english man can be.

Date: September 30, 2007 05:55PM
its typical though, i thought 'i'll wake up early and watch the race fully before i leave for work at 7.20' but noooooooooooo

its the only race ive ever seen that has lasted the full race distance.

I feel for Vettel and and Webber needs to learn to watch his mouth, what he said was uncalled for.

Great win for Hamilton, proving once again that he deserves his wins, managing to keep his car the fastest in his first fully wet race. He looked pretty unbeatable today.

Date: September 30, 2007 05:56PM
I would agree. But lately he seems to be putting on an act to please the James Allen fanbase. (NO PUN INTENDED!) (I SWEAR;)
Date: September 30, 2007 06:01PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Sapo Wrote:

> Why for heaven's sake should the FIA want Lewis to
> win the CS instead of Alonso or Kimi?

cus he's british and theres a wider audience here now. Which leads to more money....

Date: September 30, 2007 06:02PM
Marco1 Wrote:
> On top of everything, Martin Brundle confessed
> that it was a "bit much"

I agree, and if you'd bothered to read the thread, so have many others.
Date: September 30, 2007 06:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well, I've not posted for a while (nor read anything in this thread really.. so sorry if I'm repeating what others have said) so here's my view on current events.

Good race. Don't really dig the circuit though. I don't think it was necessary to start the race behind the safety car, even if the conditions had been worse than they were, the cars are so well put togther now you can never really call them unsafe. I'm all for safety but I feel its safe enough now and we just don't need boring starts like that which detract from the purity of the racing and disappoint fans.

I still feel the stewards are penalising people for all the wrong things, I don't think Kubica should have been given a drive-through for hitting Lewis because nothing came of it, and it was just a mistake - he was just trying to overtake, which is what we like and is what he is paid for. Penalising him because of who he hit is unacceptable, had it happened down the field nobody would have been penalised. Similarly, Vettel should not have been punished, he wasn't really at fault. Webber should not have been break testing, I don't understand how they (the FIA) can punish drivers who are caught out by break testing and not punish the break testers themselves. I think they need to take a serious look at what they are doing and how they are interfering with the racing, as they are doing more harm than good.

I do not like Lewis Hamilton but even I am forced to admit that he did a good job today. Yes, he won because his team didn't mess up his strategy and because he didn't throw it in the wall, but he was also consistant throughout and deserved the victory. At the same time I sympathise with Alonso because I would hate to have Lewis as a team mate at McLaren, and I really hope he goes to Renault or BMW, and I want to see Jenson or Kubica or Heidfeld in his Mclaren seat (I don't know the contract status, so please don't give me any "@#$%& you N00b" comments).

I am excited for TC ban next year because it should make the close racing more interesting.
Date: September 30, 2007 07:02PM
@#$%& you N00b

Date: September 30, 2007 07:06PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
loque Wrote:

> I still feel the stewards are penalising people
> for all the wrong things, I don't think Kubica
> should have been given a drive-through for hitting
> Lewis because nothing came of it, and it was just
> a mistake - he was just trying to overtake, which
> is what we like and is what he is paid for.
> Penalising him because of who he hit is
> unacceptable, had it happened down the field
> nobody would have been penalised. Similarly,
> Vettel should not have been punished, he wasn't
> really at fault. Webber should not have been
> break testing, I don't understand how they (the
> FIA) can punish drivers who are caught out by
> break testing and not punish the break testers
> themselves. I think they need to take a serious
> look at what they are doing and how they are
> interfering with the racing, as they are doing
> more harm than good.
>

So webber shouldn't be on the ankers slowing his car down, instead he should run into the back of hamilton?

Date: September 30, 2007 07:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Date: September 30, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: tripleM (IP Logged)

"Why should he have to check the tyres?"

Because he was actually on the grid doing so.

That didn't answer my question at all. Again, why should Charlie be responsible for baby sitting the teams? He told them what to do, and it is there responsibility to do so. Everyone else knew, Ferrari didn't. End Of Story.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2007 07:28PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
matt3454 Wrote:
> I feel for Vettel and and Webber needs to learn to
> watch his mouth, what he said was uncalled for.

yes, he will probably regret that later, but in the heat of the moment, you can't blame him. i wouldn't be very happy myself if i was likely going to win my first race after so much bad luck and adversity and i got taken out by someone, let alone a rookie in the sister team

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 30, 2007 07:38PM
loque Wrote:
> Good race. Don't really dig the circuit though.
> I don't think it was necessary to start the race
> behind the safety car, even if the conditions had
> been worse than they were, the cars are so well
> put togther now you can never really call them
> unsafe.

I'm one of the first to say that F1's been over-sanitised, but I have to say, I'm not even sure I'd have started the race at all. It could only have been pressure from TV companies which led to the start on time. I'd have just kept delaying things until the weather cleared a bit.

That weather was just silly. I was watching quite afraid that a car was just going to cream into the back of another at some point, even under the safety car.

Personally I feel it's a credit to Charlie that the race happened at all, as I'm fairly sure that if it was Max giving the call, it would never have came.
Date: September 30, 2007 07:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It could only have been pressure from TV companies which led to the start on time.

Nah, Liuzzis lap time. When he went round getting his lap back his lap was less than 10 seconds off a qualifying time, despite never having ran in those conditions before. The track was fine, they have raced in much worse, just drivers like Rosberg shouting not to start the race kept it under SC for 10 laps.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy