Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by gary42 
Re: Japanese GP Race Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 30, 2007 12:11PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
> even though vettel was in the wrong webber was a
> bit of a twat with his comments afterwards

The man was upset, give him a break! I would've hit him had I been in Webber's position, so I think he showed remarkable constraint.

I can sorta sympathise with Senna, there are a lot of people here who tend to scorn other people's opinions simply because they differ from their own. That said, Senna, you're as guilty as the rest. Everyone calm down?

Date: September 30, 2007 12:14PM
Posted by: Monza972
Red_Bull Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > even though vettel was in the wrong webber was
> a
> > bit of a twat with his comments afterwards
>
> The man was upset, give him a break! I would've
> hit him had I been in Webber's position, so I
> think he showed remarkable constraint.

if i was in his position i would freak too, but get my anger out and then tell the guy its ok.. i mean the guy's only 20! Cut him some slack...
Date: September 30, 2007 12:20PM
Posted by: Vomit
whos the greater idiot? the one who throws the rock or the one who caused the hall rock throwing thing? (tried to be smart, but failed :D)

Senna if you think this over once more you can see that you really begged for getting insulted. We are not bad people, you are just stupid and annoying thats all. I agree that Hamilton is really annoying, allways smiling *really ugly word*, but no one can disagree that he is an frigging brilliant driver.

Lets hug and make up, shall we

But, back to topic. Great race, much of action. Lewis did great job, must admit that even thought i am an bitter finn. Kovalainen did awesome job aswell. And Vettel, i really feel sorry for him, that must been hard. I mean i would cry too if id crashed from third place during SC.

One last kiss for the wicked

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2007 12:38PM by Vomit.
Date: September 30, 2007 12:22PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Senna Wrote:
> Ur not lucky, I wont leave a forum (and i am just
> staying for the W300/WGP stuff) just because a few
> lewis lovers kept offending me for saying that hes
> not WC material yet, I've put it (the reasons)
> down here a lot of times and yet ppl prefer to
> keep offending me instead of arguing against it.
> Whata says that i should embrace their opinions
> first, but why should I do it if they dont even
> embrace mine? It will never happen, fair enough.
>
> Actually, are you guys who are throwing the toys
> out of the pram, I just said that hes NOT READY to
> be a world champion material and then you guys
> started to throw flames on me. The way the things
> are at SpyLaren, its clear that they are
> favourising him over Alonso! For God's sake, I did
> nothing wrong here until I was offended!
>
> And I was also offended by saying that the Fuji
> track is rubbish and boring, and indeed it is, I
> almost slept following onboard views, its nowhere
> near the challenging Suzuka! Just because we had a
> rain race ppl started to love it, unbeveliable!

Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but its how they voice there opinions is what makes people react to them or not.

i mean why are you calling Mclaren SpyClaren? are you that much of a child.. oh wait yes you are. there is no reason to change the names of teams/drivers/race tracks/etc to be little them. do you call Ayrton Senna Crashenna because he took out prost in 1990 at Suzuka? and then when people get pissed at you, which seams to be every hour, you claim the victim.

you really need to do some growing up, and until you do, i will always call you an idiot.

idiot.

Date: September 30, 2007 12:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Senna, you ARE an idiot. There is a reason everyone keeps saying it.

The Italian squad said after the race that they had not been informed about the tyre rule until after the event had started.

Thats a flat out LIE. Every time was sent the email at the SAME TIME. Every team received it, as did the TV broadcasters. Ferraris mistake meant they didn't know about it. The FIA use a mass email to inform everybody.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2007 12:51PM
Posted by: gav
Senna Wrote:
> Really? Did I asked for your opinion? no? so go
> swivel, dude.

DaveEllis Wrote:
> Nobody asked for yours either, yet your waving
> your dick around pissing your opinion all over the
> forum anyway.

Best.Post.Ever.

Senna Wrote:
> That's ridiculous, people doesnt accept that Lewis
> is just ron's baby, an overrated lucky driver
> copying alonso's car-setups and receiving the
> whole team support while Alonso has none. OK, lets
> leave the irritating "lewismania" go on until
> Raikkonen or Alonso kicks his ass at Shanghai and
> Brazil.

Of course he's Ron's baby. I'm hardly Lewis's biggest fan, for many reasons, but if he copied Alonso's setup yesterday (assuming they weren't allowed to change them for the race), then frankly Alonso is no better than an average driver, or Hamilton a driver beyond the ability of a Jim Clark. They were using different setups today (as they have for the past 3rd of the season) - no doubt about it. Lewis drove an awesome race - he was excellent. His first start after the safety car, and his constant slowing and starting were the only things I could really fault him for today. I said yesterday Alonso would eat him alive today, but I was completely wrong.

Regarding his accident with Kubica, it wasn't entirely Kubica's fault in my opinion. Obviously Lewis couldn't see him when he turned in, and as such it was a bit of a rash move by Kubica (though I don't think he was attempting an overtake). A drive-through was a bit on the harsh side though - it was just a different line he was taking - it's not like he was attempting a do-or-die move on Hamilton.

Senna Wrote:
> And, equality? Theres no such thing at SpyLaren,
> as ron likes to spread around the media. Its very
> clear now that the whole team is supporting Lewis
> and giving zero support to Alonso.

It would be easy for McLaren (you @#$%& tool) to just give Alonso old parts, a weak engine etc. It's of massive credit to the team, especially given what's gone on, that Alonso still has a car that's plainly as good as Hamilton's. He's not used it on a number of occasions this season, and doesn't deserve the title.

Alonso was useless, Button was useless, Massa was useless (though how he ended up in 3rd at one point I have NO idea). I'm devastated for Webber and Vettel. They were both awesome, and I genuinely thought Webber would have been pushing Hamilton on that final stint, with a very possible win. Looked like it might have been Hamilton slowing down, obviously Webber having to stamp on the brakes and move to the other side of the track, and then Vettel essentially had no where to go. You could see how difficult it was to see even onboard. It is the fault of the driver behind, but it was still a difficult situation. Loved Webber's brief ITV interview though. Kimi was very strong in a car that obviously wasn't working well in the conditions. Well deserved 2nd place for Heikki - didn't put a foot wrong from what I remember.

> Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> just a question..is that alonso's second race with
> this engine?? if not if the engine died will him
> be punished with 10 positions nxt race??

Nope, he didn't finish the race, so he can replace his engine without penalty.
Date: September 30, 2007 12:57PM
Alonso was useless, Button was useless, Massa was useless (though how he ended up in 3rd at one point I have NO idea).

Massa was clearly sleeping with the timing and scoring people. He is just lucky that we have tarmac run off, because if not, he'd have retired 4 or 5 times today.

Best.Post.Ever.

I do try.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2007 01:06PM
Vettel has been given a 10 place drop for the Chinese GP

[www.autosport.com]

However this is the important part

"I was behind Lewis (Hamilton) and Mark (Webber) in the safety car phase and I was exiting Turn 13 and saw Lewis going really, really slow all of a sudden," he said. "I reacted and I was not on full power at the time, and at the same moment I was looking back to the front I was in Mark's rear.

Yeah! There's a surprise! FIA needs to adopt some proper safety car conduct rules, Lewis drove like a f**king idiot under the SC today.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2007 01:17PM
Posted by: harjinator
for first time ever i'm watching the rerun even tho I saw it all live! simply a fab race. can't believe alonso-haven't cheered like that at f1 for years!!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 30, 2007 01:35PM
Posted by: Peat
DaveEllis Wrote:
Lewis drove like
> a f**king idiot under the SC today.

Indeed, At the first rolling start, he bolted before the final corner, then obviously wasn't satisfied that he had gapped Fernando enough, so he stamped on the brakes. I thought that was a joke!!!! Yet James Allen was bumming him saying what wonderful gamesmanship it was.....tit.

I agree that more Americanised rules need adopting for caution periods, because today was ridiculous.

....oh yes, and im now watching the re-run. EPIC!

Date: September 30, 2007 02:21PM
Posted by: Sapo
Damnit, missed the re-run, normally it just starts at two o'clock, like live European races, but due to that stupid A1 GP the re-run started at 12.15 :S

Missed an epic race.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 30, 2007 02:27PM
Posted by: chet
Lewis wasnt driving well under SC conditions and like Lewis said nor was Webber, several times when Webber was behind JB i thought he was gonna slam into the back of him!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 30, 2007 02:27PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
You can always download the race mate its 700 mb :-)
Date: September 30, 2007 02:29PM
Vitantonio Liuzzi has been handed a 25-second penalty at the Japanese Grand Prix, meaning Spyker's Adrian Sutil has been promoted to the point-scoring positions.

Liuzzi was under investigation for having overtaken Sutil under yellow flags on lap 55 of the race, on his way to eighth place

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 30, 2007 02:31PM
Posted by: mortal
One of the better races this season, given the tough conditions drivers had to cope with, who said they were overpaid :-)
FYI all, I've rec'vd six or so post reports on recent comments within this thread. No action will be taken as IMHO, responses were deserved, given past behaviour and attitude. Call it karma, you get back what you give out, or something like it.
As you were ;-) Take it easy.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 30, 2007 02:32PM
Posted by: gin
FUN race, shame we don't get more wet races during the year. Thats why I have suggested, ages ago, to have compulsory wet races during the season decided on random. But meh, maybe one day :)

Date: September 30, 2007 02:36PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Marca -Spanish sport newspaper, so huge quantities of salt are recommend- is saying that LH victory is been investigated by the FIA for the last three hours. It seems that his constant changes of rhytm while the second SC was out weren't all that legal. They say that both Vettel and Webber have pointed to LH driving behind the SC as the cause to their crash. Even more that Vettel has already been penalized ten places in the next GP grid.
Date: September 30, 2007 02:39PM
Posted by: mikef1
Great race to watch, fantastic fight at the end between Massa and Kubica, shame we need heavy rain for that to happen.
Lewis drove flawlessly, he has made himself the Champion today imo. I too thought his driving behind the safety car was dangerous and should not be allowed to happen again. Other than that he drove a blinding race.
Fernando was poor today, however i do think he may have sustained damage to his suspension after the coming together with the Torro Roso car and that may have caused him to crash in the end. A big shame for me as i would have loved to see the title go to the last race but it's just not going to happen now.
Lmao @ Vettel! Talk about from hero to zero. Poor Webber must be livid and justifiably, then again Sebastian is only 20.
Great drive by Heikki too who is the most improved driver this season and the man of the race for me goes to Kimi who drove like a nutter in those horrendous conditions despite Ferrari doing their best to ruin both their drivers races. They need Brawn back sharpish.
Date: September 30, 2007 02:42PM
Posted by: Sapo
Bigbrother schreef:
> You can always download the race mate its 700 mb
> :-)

Where where where?! :-)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: September 30, 2007 02:43PM
Posted by: mikef1
vesuvius Wrote:
> Marca -Spanish sport newspaper, so huge quantities
> of salt are recommend- is saying that LH victory
> is been investigated by the FIA for the last three
> hours. It seems that his constant changes of rhytm
> while the second SC was out weren't all that
> legal. They say that both Vettel and Webber have
> pointed to LH driving behind the SC as the cause
> to their crash. Even more that Vettel has already
> been penalized ten places in the next GP grid.

It would be good for the championship if Lewis was excluded but it won't happen. He deserved to win it anyway and i hope he wont be excluded.

To me Mclaren did not seem that upset when Fernando crashed, i remember them getting far more upset on other occasions over one of their drivers retiring or crashing. I think they just cant wait to get rid of him personally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy